IS THE RAINBOW WARRIORS BACK?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: IS THE RAINBOW WARRIORS BACK?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Some people are thinking no not Rainbow Warriors, the players won't go for it because it sound soft.. REALLY????? How many players LOVE to wear anything PINK during Susan G. Komen month?

At the UH/BYU game, I got to talk to MANY former RAINBOW WARRIOR Greats. They make it clear that they were and always will be RAINBOW WARRIORS.

BTW, the call is Jim Donovan's, anyway :-

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:As long as big time football programs like South Carolina run around yelling "GO COCKS!!!", I will leave Warrior/Rainbow fans alone for calling them the Rainbows.
Whoa and what do they yell at women's games? :o :o :o :o :o
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

RedZone wrote:
J-Rod wrote:As long as big time football programs like South Carolina run around yelling "GO COCKS!!!", I will leave Warrior/Rainbow fans alone for calling them the Rainbows.
Whoa and what do they yell at women's games? :o :o :o :o :o
Now you got Wyokie all drooling... That right up his alley :o

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

Why not go back to Rainbow Warriors? I'd personally love it. A lot of Mainlanders still call us Rainbow Warriors.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Please do not bring back Rainbow Warriors or the silver helmets.

I like the suggestion of incorporating the Hawai'ian Islands, but I would love to see it in the uniform, not the logo.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

SectionACrazy wrote:
Haynr8dr wrote:There's been a lot of GREAT "Rainbow" Warriors that have passed through here, proudly so.
+1...I'm not in particular of either, I like both, but yeah, former RAINBOW WARRIORS that include; Jesse Sapolu, the Noga Brothers, Travis Sims, Leo Goeas, Rich Miano,...wore the rainbow.
... NFL'ers Golden Richards, Jeris White, Larry Cole, Dana McClemore, Mark Tuinei, and Ron Hall. Those are some that quickly come to mind that were proud Rainbow Warriors. Others would include Wilber Haslips, Levi Stanley, and Cliff Laboy.

The only point I'm making is that I'm equally as proud of our Rainbow Warriors than I am of those that play now. In otherwords, "no shame". Whatever hang-up those people have with the term "rainbow" is their hang-up, because "where I live, there are rainbows" ... especially in Manoa Valley, home of UH, hence, the reason the term was incorporated.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

maybe under armour can give us a set of retro uniforms for special games.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

just say NO to Rainbows!!!

its WARRIORS thank you very much

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Dunno... a decade has passed and people around the USA still refer to our football team as the Rainbow Warriors. None of them say it derogatorily. I'm neutral on this. It's a reference that has been hard to erase and continues to linger and that is what you want for your program, too. To be unforgettable.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

The original gold helmets would be nice, or the white with the green pin stripe running down the center, from back to front. Some what of a throw back.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

It hurts Hawaii recruiting wise if we use Rainbows. The young generation that we recruit for football don't want to be associated with a it. It's an image thing.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

We're not going to use it. It's obvious that he doesn't realize the way we've set it up with all the men's teams being able to choose. Once its explained and the image thing comes up he'll get it. Then when the question was asked he thought they meant bring back the rainbow on the uniform, not the name.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote:It hurts Hawaii recruiting wise if we use Rainbows. The young generation that we recruit for football don't want to be associated with a it. It's an image thing.
Even this, I'm kind of ambivalent towards. I can't say that our recruiting is all that much better since the name change. Walk-ons and second chancers have been the big difference in our program and they didn't care whether we were Warriors or Rainbow Warriors.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:It hurts Hawaii recruiting wise if we use Rainbows. The young generation that we recruit for football don't want to be associated with a it. It's an image thing.
Even this, I'm kind of ambivalent towards. I can't say that our recruiting is all that much better since the name change. Walk-ons and second chancers have been the big difference in our program and they didn't care whether we were Warriors or Rainbow Warriors.
You still need the rest of the team though, and even if it didn't make it noticeably better than it was before, there's no telling how it would have been affected had it remained. And of course those kinda guys won't care about the name, them more than the guys who got here normally are just glad to be on ANY team.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

none of us old farts should be speaking on what the current generation of recruits like and don't like. Many players have said that they like these uniforms and that the look of the uniforms plays into the decision when picking a school. That's good enough for me.