Fire Mack the $1.1Mil Bust

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
camarodude
Starter
Starter

Re: Fire Coach Mack

Post by camarodude »

What a Dick.
I'm not drunk....I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

At this stage, if you can't get your team ready coming out of a bye week, you probably need another job. I can accept a loss in a hard fought game, but the team just looked completely unprepared...and we're on national TV, how many of these are we supposed to be ok with? I know we're not Boise, but dayum, San Jose State? Maybe UNLV wasn't an anomaly after all.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

season ticket holder wrote:
H20 wrote:
season ticket holder wrote:Any other coach in college football would have pulled the QB.
No they wouldn't have. Despite three ints we were only down 13 and easy to make back in a half, which we did.
what are you talking about, I've seen coaches burn a QB's redshirt for less.

easy to speak with hindsight and say we came back but it's all for naught.
You said any other coach, as if Mack is the only coach on any team anywhere that leaves the QB in. As if no ones ever thrown 4 INT'S. I say no, the majority would leave them and coach at halftime down only two scores. And it is easy in hindsight. Tackle that guy on the blocked PAT and no one after the game even hints that Moniz should have been pulled before halftime.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

we are playing junk bc our recruiting sucks. give mack an extension bc its hurting our recruiting!!!!!!
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

808-Pride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808-Pride »

This team has NO fire in them, no toughness, this team needs a new attitude and i dont think mack can do it
This team has not been improving over the mack years, its been stagnant, we need a new start
youtube.com/rudy96734

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Madness...
I still remember guys screaming for June Jones head when he had his off years.
This isn't even an off year compared to what June Jones dealt us.

I don't know what to make of this multi-turnover, multi-missed tackle game.

Richard Torres and Joey Iosefa are two guys I would like to applaud.
Fire Coach Mack? Hah! He'll be our most winningest coach after all is said and done.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

two weeks to prepare and the team comes out flat. that's poor coaching.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

tangomike wrote:two weeks to prepare and the team comes out flat. that's poor coaching.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

tangomike wrote:two weeks to prepare and the team comes out flat. that's poor coaching.
if we have another game like this my head is going to explode
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

808-Pride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808-Pride »

SundayJam wrote:Madness...
I still remember guys screaming for June Jones head when he had his off years.
This isn't even an off year compared to what June Jones dealt us.

I don't know what to make of this multi-turnover, multi-missed tackle game.

Richard Torres and Joey Iosefa are two guys I would like to applaud.
Fire Coach Mack? Hah! He'll be our most winningest coach after all is said and done.
Jones had two bad years, 2000(second season) and 2005 but on that team we saw the bright future we had. The rest of the seasons were winning seasons 8-5 and above
Plus had a handleful of good wins, and he won bowl games
Mack has no bowl wins and two good wins, nevada last year and navy thats it
youtube.com/rudy96734

wildmere
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by wildmere »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:
if we have another game like this my head is going to explode
Same. The worst thing? It wouldn't surprise me if it happened again. I try to stay positive, but lack of preparation and failure to show up to games has been a chronic problem under Mack. I don't believe in his ability to lead a successful team anymore.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

808-Pride wrote:This team has NO fire in them, no toughness, this team needs a new attitude and i dont think mack can do it
This team has not been improving over the mack years, its been stagnant, we need a new start

I, by no means, want to see Coach Mack or any coach fired,...but, I'm wondering, as the old saying goes,-"Players are an extension of their coach." JJ, as once described by an ESPN announcer, was a sort of maverick. Look at the teams' personality during his tenure. Even former O-line coach Cavanaugh, loudest guy barking out there...and you look at the type of players he had and the way they played. Now, look at Coach Mack: nicest guy in the world, so he has players with the nicest attitude on the field. But, we heard about all the legendary rampages he had when he was a D coordinator, so maybe its just being a HC. JMHO. Let's go WARRIORS!!!

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

It depends on how you view Hawaii. If you see the UH football program as a middle of the road top 75 team that will every few years hang around 7-10 wins and knock off a "lower upper" team once in a while, then you can give coach Mac a pass. BUT, if you view Hawaii as at least a team that should be top 50 most years and be a candidate for top 25 oh say every 3-5 years or better then Mac must go. I forgot who but someone posted earlier, look at the last 2 bowl game scores. Then 2 completely unacceptable losses within the same season. Remember, if you consider UH top 50 material year in and year out, there is no way losing to San Jose St is ever acceptable even on the road. Couple that with UNLV and you can see why this is a topic thread.

SouthernWarriorFan
Pine rider
Pine rider
NFL: NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Post by SouthernWarriorFan »

808-Pride wrote:This team has NO fire in them, no toughness, this team needs a new attitude and i dont think mack can do it

True. But to a point. I DO believe the team has a fire in them. But what TYPE of fire is the question. Being in Louisiana, I've seen Nick Saban (when he was LSU's coach) up close and personal. Met him and supported him. When the team did good. He rewarded them openly and well. When they screwed up. HE TORE THEIR HEADS OFF in front of the entire stadium crowd and would toss their heads into the students section so that THEY could continue tearing up their heads! (an analogy but I'm sure you get the driff) Macs team has a fire that comes from being from Hawaii and representing such a grand and glorious place. But they I feel that they DON'T have the fire that you see teams such as those in the SEC have. The fire that looks like they are saying "We are gonna ROMP, STOMP, BANG, BLAST and CHEW our way to victory and ANYONE that dare try to get in my way is gonna get RAILROADED!" This type of fire IMHO comes from when a team respects but FEARS their coach. Mac just has this look more like he's the assistant to the assistant coach instead of the commanding person of the HEAD COACH.
"If you settle for effort, you'll never make it to the Big Show" - Pulu Si Bagoomba

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

So what excuse are we going to hear although they won't be giving excuses?
ImageImage