Trevor Davis may start

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Trevor Davis may start

Post by HawaiianHogster »

The coach is showing respect towards the parents. It is the parents that are paying for his schooling and signed papers for him to attend UH. They can take him out of college at any time. When you send your child to college would you want the head coach contact you if there were going to be a major change in your sons position on the team?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

HawaiianHogster wrote:The coach is showing respect towards the parents. It is the parents that are paying for his schooling and signed papers for him to attend UH. They can take him out of college at any time. When you send your child to college would you want the head coach contact you if there were going to be a major change in your sons position on the team?
When they recruited him, I'm sure they promised the parents to look after him, and make sure he graduates. We hear it all the time how Mack and Company are looking for players that appreciate the "Ohaha" spirit. It's no surprise that we recruit players like Trevor Davis who have strong ties with their parents.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

HawaiianHogster wrote:The coach is showing respect towards the parents. It is the parents that are paying for his schooling and signed papers for him to attend UH. They can take him out of college at any time. When you send your child to college would you want the head coach contact you if there were going to be a major change in your sons position on the team?
There are so many things wrong with your post
1) He is on scholarship, Hawaii tax payers are paying for his tuition, books, housing, etc. Not his parents

2) there is a major difference between Informing his parents and Seeking Approval. Informing is the courtesy part, while Seeking Approval requires a decision. Again what if their parents disapproved. Trevor has been traveling this season. What if a multiple players went down. Would they have sought approval from mom during the game. So you mean to tell me for the rest of the season Mack has to seek approval for burning a guys redshirt. If he doesn't is he not respecting the parents of that player.

I'm sure no one sought Kenny Estes parents when he was used in the last game of his redshirt freshman year.

Again the word approval is the wrong word to be used.... Head Coach doesn't need approval from anyone. It's his team and his butt on the line. He's getting paid to win games
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

If it looks like he won't graduate on time, they might still red shirt him down the road.

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

madeinhawaii wrote:If it looks like he won't graduate on time, they might still red shirt him down the road.
Or keep him as a grad assistant, if he doesn't go pro :)
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Small~Axe wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:If it looks like he won't graduate on time, they might still red shirt him down the road.
Or keep him as a grad assistant, if he doesn't go pro :)
If he has a good chance of going pro, they'll probably forget to graduate him, let him get drafted... ask for a sizeable donation and give him an honorary degree in policital science.

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

TD follow Allen Sampson, Malcolm Lane and Jason Rivers as recent scholarship receivers who played in the true freshman year. Davone was a Greyshirt. Also he like Malcolm wears #89
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Small~Axe wrote:TD follow Allen Sampson, Malcolm Lane and Jason Rivers as recent scholarship receivers who played in the true freshman year. Davone was a Greyshirt. Also he like Malcolm wears #89
Malcolm Lane could have helped make last year's team a really good or great one. Too bad. Of receiving corps needs to improve ASAP, though for us to end this season successfully.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

what's his major? depending on what it is, really shouldnt be a problem. i was surprised at some majors which i found out take like 30 credits or less to get a degree :o
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

xer 21 wrote:
what's his major? depending on what it is, really shouldnt be a problem. i was surprised at some majors which i found out take like 30 credits or less to get a degree :o
30!??!..
must be some kind of new degree in economics :o

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
30!??!..
must be some kind of new degree in economics :o
well, you have to take some electives, but yeah. some majors have only a handful of required classes, than you just fill in with electives.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.