*** OFFICIAL UH @ Washington Game Day Thread ****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
smiley4284
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: *** OFFICIAL UH @ Washington Game Day Thread ****

Post by smiley4284 »

Iam a little P's UH D showed up at the end and everyone else including coaches left

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

poidog wrote:c'mon, that 2nd PAT miss was blocking breakdown. the only thing he could have done was not kick it.
Yep the blocking sucked. You never give them them inside.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

hawaiian_az
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by hawaiian_az »

Did we improve from week 1 or digress? :-? Special teams, coaching, Defense and that onside kick was just comical.

-didn't come out to play in the 1st quarter sleep in I guess

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

hawaiian_az wrote:Did we improve from week 1 or digress? :-? Special teams, coaching, Defense and that onside kick was just comical.

-didn't come out to play in the 1st quarter sleep in I guess
I think we improved. I think people aren't acknowledging just how bad Colorado was last week. The offense looked so much better. we probably won't face another defense as good as today and we were able to move the ball on them effectively.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

P*ss poor special teams.
And what happened to our run D?? We got run over today.

On the bright side unlv is getting throttled.....

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

smiley4284 wrote:Iam a little P's UH D showed up at the end and everyone else including coaches left
the offense scored on 3 of 4 possessions in the 2nd half. i think they showed up, no?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I was kind of concerned when I read that only 66 players were taken, when there was not a limit on the number who could have made the trip.
Preparing for a PAC12 team with the team's trainer as the opposing QB, short and slow OLINE London Sapolu as a TE, etc...
The team was not prepared in the 1st half.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

BigWave96744 wrote:I was kind of concerned when I read that only 66 players were taken, when there was not a limit on the number who could have made the trip.
Preparing for a PAC12 team with the team's trainer as the opposing QB, short and slow OLINE London Sapolu as a TE, etc...

Damn UH budget cuts strike again

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

browndog wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:I was kind of concerned when I read that only 66 players were taken, when there was not a limit on the number who could have made the trip.

Damn UH budget cuts strike again
you could rationalize it by saying that they need to get their road routine for the WAC season down and taking only 66 was the best way to do that... but it was probably because they didn't wanna pay to bring any other players.

smiley4284
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by smiley4284 »

poidog wrote:
smiley4284 wrote:Iam a little P's UH D showed up at the end and everyone else including coaches left
the offense scored on 3 of 4 possessions in the 2nd half. i think they showed up, no?
Moniz had alot to do with that improvising. Sure they did well at points but not at the end. Seem like they gave up and the D gave us 2 more possessions we could have brought the game back and win. The O line was atrocious sorry. They had bright spots but the Center couldnt even snap the ball properly. Special teams was awful

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

smiley4284 wrote:Moniz had alot to do with that improvising. Sure they did well at points but not at the end. Seem like they gave up and the D gave us 2 more possessions we could have brought the game back and win. The O line was atrocious sorry. They had bright spots but the Center couldnt even snap the ball properly. Special teams was awful
whatever, man... scoring 3 out of 4 possessions counts as "showing up" if you ask me. the bad snap was a killer, but stuff happens. the offense did not lose us the game in the 2nd half, no matter how you slice it. they weren't able to win it, but they didn't lose it.

smiley4284
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by smiley4284 »

poidog wrote:
smiley4284 wrote:Moniz had alot to do with that improvising. Sure they did well at points but not at the end. Seem like they gave up and the D gave us 2 more possessions we could have brought the game back and win. The O line was atrocious sorry. They had bright spots but the Center couldnt even snap the ball properly. Special teams was awful
whatever, man... scoring 3 out of 4 possessions counts as "showing up" if you ask me. the bad snap was a killer, but stuff happens. the offense did not lose us the game in the 2nd half, no matter how you slice it. they weren't able to win it, but they didn't lose it.
where did I say they lose it?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

smiley4284 wrote: where did I say they lose it?
you said everyone but the defense showed up in the 2nd half. i'm arguing that that's not true. but we are just arguing semantics now...

smiley4284
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by smiley4284 »

Just saying D stayed till the end. But they had issues as well during the game. Oh well, lot to work on before UNLV. Heres to kicking some UNLV butt

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

A lot to work on but i'm happy how the boys competed. Udub is not a bad team, especially at home, and UH could've easily got ran out of the stadium but they made some adjustments on both sides of the ball and got back in the game. All the misakes made are fixable. I expect Hawaii to be hungry and ready to not only beat UNLV but spank them! One snap and clear. Forget about this game and get excited about the possibilities at UNLV and the rest of the season.