Brian Clay Jr., CB, accepts football scholarship!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
locogrown808
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Brian Clay Jr., CB, accepts football scholarship!

Post by locogrown808 »

Crusaders wrote:

At 6'1" with 4.6 speed, you think he's slated for a "big safety"? Or if he grows, a small, quick LB?
Does seem kind of slow for a CB, so you might be right.[/quote]
i wouldnt get too caught up in the 40 time. in defensive backs, specifically corners, you wana look for the fluidity of his hips and ability to make tackles. any speed would be gravy, good to have it, dont need it

warriorfan18
Starter
Starter

Post by warriorfan18 »

Good looking recruit. His 40 time may be a concern but I think that he has the tools to compete at CB for us. The straight ahead 40 time is indeed important and is a great indicator of speed but the above post did mention a lot of important skills that a CB must possess such as hip movement, quickness, lateral movement, etc. You add the tools and put him into a serious training regimen with Tommy Heffernan and he can excel and become a CB for us in the near future. Brian Clay is one of the recruits that I was hoping we would land because he is a highschooler, and he will add more depth to our secondary. Great pick up and keep em in coaches till Feb...

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

im pretty sure patrick peterson for LSU doesnt run a 4.3

4.44 vs. 4.6

Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 96816 »

gambit_808 wrote:im pretty sure patrick peterson for LSU doesnt run a 4.3

4.44 vs. 4.6
Game speed is what counts...I played with guys who did well in track and once they had pads on they moved like snails. The first 20 yards really count. Also, people like to throw around 4.3 in the 40, but when laser timed they are mostly mid 4.4 or 4.5 guys. 4.3 is a rarity

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

96816 wrote:

4.44 vs. 4.6
Game speed is what counts...I played with guys who did well in track and once they had pads on they moved like snails. The first 20 yards really count. Also, people like to throw around 4.3 in the 40, but when laser timed they are mostly mid 4.4 or 4.5 guys. 4.3 is a rarity
I agree. I would also add playmakers. Playmakers aren't always the fastest on the field but they do get results.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

RedZone wrote:
96816 wrote:

4.44 vs. 4.6
I agree. I would also add playmakers. Playmakers aren't always the fastest on the field but they do get results.
Good football sense and a solid instinct for the right angle to take makes up a lot of ground against faster runners.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 96816 »

RedZone wrote:
96816 wrote:

4.44 vs. 4.6
Perfect example of playmakers:
1) Mr. Ornellas (Saint Louis) was a short, chunky, not very fast guy that just scored TDs.
2) My childhood pal (Jarrett Intermediate), Joe Igber was very short 5'5 or 5'6 (on a tall day), quick and ran all over the best defenses in the ILH, especially SLH-5 TDs in one game.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Mosiula Tatupu
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

OnoJuan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: yankees
NBA: lakers
NFL: cowboys

Post by OnoJuan »

This is another one of the guys that came in the first week of December on Senior night 2010... looks like a strong class that we can build on for the next four - five years! NEED a safety type player that can mature into strong player in end...Great Job Coaches!

Hilo-Warrior

Post by Hilo-Warrior »

He reminds me of JHT. Doesn't he. I mean he may not be as quick or have over all speed like JHT, but when you watch him he is making some decent reads. His overall pursuit of the ball isn't that bad. And what I like the most is the way he attacks the guy with the ball. He attacks low like JHT does. He goes for the waist. He doesn't go for arm tackles but he takes the ball carrier on low. I like his style. I wish our other guys would attack low like they do.

And I am curious cuz no one said it but does he have any relation to the RB from Wisconsin? Just a thought.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

wow. 3 stars now.