Did one game really do MSU in?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
JackTalkThai
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: GoGreen...

Post by JackTalkThai »

wacky in reno wrote:
So you can honestly say a 6-6 MSU team deserved to go to a bowl game versus say a non-BCS school that had a slightly better record.
It's not about whether they deserved to or not...they WOULD have.

NoMakeLiDat
Pine rider
Pine rider

MSU

Post by NoMakeLiDat »

MSu is from the Big Ten, and their fans have an image of their team, which is a little rosier than reality. So, they blamed the officials for last years loss. It helps them slepe better at night. That is hwy we need to kick their butts again this year. Or, they'll be like, "See!".

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

But win or loose they can't take back last years, and that's what hurts them the most. We proved ourselves, now can they prove themselves?
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

GoGreenMSU03
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoGreenMSU03 »

It's not just MSU complaining about the officials. Check out this article from a gambling site.
Be Wary Of: Sept. 10, 2005 at Michigan State. The Spartans came to Hawaii last year and got molested by the officials. It's not going to be pretty how they exact revenge in East Lansing.
This, from an impartial observer. http://www.pointspread.com/articles/ind ... le_id=1244

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

He was just feeding off the hype when making those comments. He probably didn't even see the game.

GoGreenMSU03
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoGreenMSU03 »

Parkpill, I am sure you have evidence that the author of that article is not credible. Please share it with me.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

GoGreenMSU03 wrote:Parkpill, I am sure you have evidence that the author of that article is not credible. Please share it with me.
He writes for a gambling site, nuff said.

GoGreenMSU03
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoGreenMSU03 »

Doesn't mean he hasn't done his homework. Have any real evidence?

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

All the evidence I need lies in the fact that I watched the game TWICE.

GoGreenMSU03
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoGreenMSU03 »

Well, gosh, since YOU watched the game twice, I guess that means there's no possible way that an impartial person could come to the conclusion that the officiating was poor. Now, have any real evidence that the writer is not credible, I ask again?

JackTalkThai
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JackTalkThai »

BKWarrior wrote:But win or loose they can't take back last years, and that's what hurts them the most. We proved ourselves, now can they prove themselves?
That's untrue. If there's a rainbown demolition on Saturday afternoon, it'll be safe to say that the vast majority of Spartan fans will immeditately get over last year's nail in the coffin. We're a very myopic bunch. It was a crap season up until the Hawaii game and that loss only prevented us from going to a crap bowl...but a crap bowl is still better than no bowl hence the mild lingering sting.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

GoGreenMSU03 wrote:Well, gosh, since YOU watched the game twice, I guess that means there's no possible way that an impartial person could come to the conclusion that the officiating was poor. Now, have any real evidence that the writer is not credible, I ask again?
Let's turn this around a bit...what evidence do YOU have that states he is credible? Having an article on gambling site, which we all know is nothing more than a sales pitch to get you to wager, isn't exactly credible or make you impartial. Seems like you're grasping at nothing if you had to go to a gambling site no one ever heard of just to get that statement. [-X

Want an example? Cause I can grasp at nothing too. Take a look at Doc's projected 05 standings and records, how do you play more games in conference than you do overall? Come on...if you wanna make predictions, let alone be trusted as a "credible" source, at least have them listed correctly. :roll:
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

GoGreenMSU03
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoGreenMSU03 »

Your argument is that the writer cannot accurately predict the future. Who can? In this case, all he is reporting is his opinion of events that happened in the past.

All he needs to be credible on is this point: that he was an impartial viewer of the game who also felt that the officiating was poor. If you can show me that he never watched the game, then I will agree that he is not credible. Since this is an opinion, as I haven't heard the WAC officials admit that they performed poorly, it is only a perception, but a perception that at least some impartial viewers believe to be true.

My whole argument is that an impartial observer could easily come to the same conclusion that many Spartan fans did. Now, do you have any evidence that he didn't watch the game?

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Do you have evidence that he did?

He could have easily looked at the stats or highlights on ESPN (they surely spoke about it after the game) and not necessarily watched the entire game and analyzed it.

Let's get something straight, I don't have evidence that he didn't watch the game. Other than yourself being an MSU fan and will obviously agree with anyone saying they got "molested" by the refs, I'm sure you don't have any evidence that he did either. If you can't show me undisputable evidence that he did, then he's not a credible source either. [-X

Goes both ways my opposing brethren...just be cause he said that doesn't necessarily mean he sat there with a beer and popcorn and analized the game.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

It is very rare to have an impartial person, regardless of what they say. How do we know that he is not? It's easy to say somethin and have somethin else in your heart. The only thing I care about, is the NCAA didn't have a problem with our hard-earned victory. Amazing how people forget that MSU's d couldn't stop us. Games are won by defense, and in our case our d held MSU's o to lees points than us No one mentions that fact. Hell, as I recall Stanford fans were yellin foul after the Cal "band play". We'll you know what? It was a legit victory. Some people just can't accept that fact, and I feel sorry for them. Our win is legit, but you know what, I don't care if people want to taint it, because it's over and done with.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!