bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Moniz or Colt? You decide.

Post by bigislandkurt »

Mo has yet to beat Boise and has yet to accomplish what Colt has done in his career.

Yet I pose this question to you guys:

IN terms of the PURE QUARTERBACK position for the R&S, who would you prefer and why?

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Moniz or Colt? You decide.

Post by J-Rod »

Still Colt. When he had a solid O-Line(2006), he couldn't be stopped. Doesn't mean one bit that Moniz won't be good though.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

colt is/was better than moniz. but moniz is damn good.

i enjoyed watching colt as a our QB. and i enjoy watching moniz run this offense now.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm going to get railed for this.

But I prefer MOniz.

His reads are quick and he gets that ball out quickly. Colt gets my nod in the accuracy column, but not by much. I love Mo's athleticism -- his scrambling ability allows for less sacks and truly makes the oline look good. I am still not convinced of Mo's ability to rally the team during moments of adversity. But he sure looks good when we are playing lights out.

BIK

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Ask this question when Moniz is done at UH but at this point in both of their careers I'll take Colt still. But you'll never know when Moniz is done.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

WA Warrior wrote:Ask this question when Moniz is done at UH but at this point in both of their careers I'll take Colt still. But you'll never know when Moniz is done.
+1

With Boise out of the WAC and BYU looking bad......running the table ain't out of the question for 2011. :-$ That could put Mo over the edge.

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

Colt was "special" in his understanding of the RnS - and throwing the rock. Such a quick release, and so deadly accurate. He was (and is) eccentric - I remember seeing him throwing up before the game (pre-game ritual); and he wasn't the best scrambler... I definitely had a "high pucker" factor going when he took off running. But it will be a long time before any QB of team in the nation will match or beat his records.

I do think Coach Mac's teams are somewhat more "complete" in a sense than those of the J.J. era. So it's hard to compare those apples and oranges (oranples???). Colt had great (sticky fingered, and dialed in) receivers to throw to. Same could be said of the guys Bryant has now (top two in the nation - again??? - for yardage). Bryant is also on top of the passing yardage heap by a mile. It looks like he's 99.99% dialed in most of the time (same as Colt in his second season). Where I like Bryant over Colt is his ability to get away from trouble, and jackrabbit from a collapsing pocket if need be - much more athletic in that regards (quicker feet). He lacks ideal NFL QB height, but his arm strength is very good - and also has a good quick release (his accuracy is definitely improving, as is his distance). I can't say who's "more special" at this time - since that "intangible factor" (being a "gamer") really hasn't played into the scene just yet for Bryant. We all know Colt was a "gamer" - and did that something individually special during games to pull out a win under dire circumstances (he didn't quit - or let his team give up). I don't believe Bryant was put under those circumstances yet.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Moniz is improving and he has the rest of this season and next year to play too. I'm going to hold off on this one till the end of next year.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

hilo65
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Any team with UH players

Post by hilo65 »

Moniz's scrambling ability makes him more dangerous. But you can't take away what Colt did. He took us further than any QB ever did.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

WA Warrior wrote:Ask this question when Moniz is done at UH but at this point in both of their careers I'll take Colt still. But you'll never know when Moniz is done.
Yep... gotta compare this year to Colt's 2006 year... and that year we were 3-2 at this point of the season, too. Then the team went on to win all of their games until the season ender with Oregon, where they lost a close one and bounced back to beat Arizona in the bowl game.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Moniz having a strong arm is a complete myth. So is the perception that he's a good player.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

saynotomercs wrote:Moniz having a strong arm is a complete myth. So is the perception that he's a good player.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

budodeath
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by budodeath »

58 TD's. Enough said. You cant compare colt with anybody. Moniz is good though.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

This is not a fair question at this time. We have the rest of the season plus Moniz has yet to enter his senior season.

Colt had a lot of things going his way that Moniz doesn't have just yet. Colts defense seemed to be better. The teams that Colts team played his last year weren't as good as the teams Moniz's is playing this year. The WAC teams are better now than they were during Colts reign. The 2006 team is probably the best team in the run & shoot so far.

My guess is that UH will be about where the 06 team was next year. Will Moniz have the experienced receivers his senior year that Colt had? Most likely not but that doesn't mean they won't be any good. Maybe by next year UH will have a RB or two like Colt had in 06. Too many differences to be fair to either one of these QB's. Once Moniz finishes his senior year then it will be fair to compare.

Right now Colt is the best to me. Moniz is headed in the right direction. 42 of 58(?) with no interceptions is pretty darn good for a junior in his second year at QB in the fifth game of the season.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

budodeath wrote:58 TD's. Enough said. You cant compare colt with anybody. Moniz is good though.
not to mention his record for highest passer rating.

or, despite what you think BIK, his insane Accuracy compared to moniz.

Mo is good, but he is not nearly as good as Colt. he still makes more bad decisions, and i feel he runs too early. he also hasnt had wuite the success.

this isnt even a discussion until he wins a bowl game, let alone gets the team ranked.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.