Army is favored by 2.5 to 3 points?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Army is favored by 2.5 to 3 points?

Post by uhwarriors »

No way! If I were a better, I would take the points. Come on Warriors "upset" Army!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Army is favored by 2.5 to 3 points?

Post by browndog »

that is ridiculous.
i bet we light army up big time, 48-17 UH

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

Wow... Although I kind of understand I guess, from the Vegas standpoint.

Hawaii is traveling a long way, and for anyone who has played against the triple option or any form of it before understands that it is a very exhausting game. I'm guessing they see Hawaii being worn down defensively against Army.

Hawaii did give up 524 total yards, 264 on the ground to USC not to mention 49 points. Army will shorten the game too with their style of play. It should be a good game I just hope the offensive production from Hawaii can produce points not just yards. The Defense from now on will only get weaker but the boys are still going to have to bring it.

To be honest I'd still bet on Hawaii, even if I wasn't a Hawaii fan.

GO BOWS!
GO BOWS!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BET THE HOUSE!!!

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

From a betting point of view... a lot has been made recently of teams that have to fly more than three time zones to play a game. As it tends to really mess with players schedules and such. In the NBA it's a big deal as you could be flying three time zones after a game and then have to play the next night. Hard to say what the impact is for football where the guys hit the ground a few days ahead of time.

That said, Army did win it's first game and I'm sure the spread makes still don't know what to make of Hawaii yet as to some I'm sure it appeared that quite a bit of scoring came late.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Sabut20 wrote:Wow... Although I kind of understand I guess, from the Vegas standpoint.

Hawaii is traveling a long way, and for anyone who has played against the triple option or any form of it before understands that it is a very exhausting game. I'm guessing they see Hawaii being worn down defensively against Army.

Hawaii did give up 524 total yards, 264 on the ground to USC not to mention 49 points. Army will shorten the game too with their style of play. It should be a good game I just hope the offensive production from Hawaii can produce points not just yards. The Defense from now on will only get weaker but the boys are still going to have to bring it.

GO BOWS!
Army is not USC. They run and then they run some more. They went up against another running team this pass week. It will be very difficult for them to stop UHs passing attack. UH passing attack will hurt them. When they try to compensate or gamble on defense Rolo will show them our running game. Army may have a few weapons but we have the big weapon. We have the Polaris.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

RedZone wrote:
Sabut20 wrote:Wow... Although I kind of understand I guess, from the Vegas standpoint.

GO BOWS!
Army is not USC. They run and then they run some more. They went up against another running team this pass week. It will be very difficult for them to stop UHs passing attack. UH passing attack will hurt them. When they try to compensate or gamble on defense Rolo will show them our running game. Army may have a few weapons but we have the big weapon. We have the Polaris.
I'm sure you mean the Pilares and we also have the Salas. Im sure Hawaii will win this weekend. Like I said, I'd bet on Hawaii.

GO BOWS
GO BOWS!

unkosolz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by unkosolz »

SmugDude wrote:From a betting point of view... a lot has been made recently of teams that have to fly more than three time zones to play a game. As it tends to really mess with players schedules and such. In the NBA it's a big deal as you could be flying three time zones after a game and then have to play the next night. Hard to say what the impact is for football where the guys hit the ground a few days ahead of time.

That said, Army did win it's first game and I'm sure the spread makes still don't know what to make of Hawaii yet as to some I'm sure it appeared that quite a bit of scoring came late.

Army won their game last week, but that was against Eastern Michigan (0-12 last season). Army struggled against EMU and UH lit up USC offensively. Not to take anything away from Army, but they aren't USC and UH isn't EMU.
E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

maybe moniz being questionable for the game played into that point spread. bet da fahm!

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

RedZone wrote:We have the Polaris.
Hmm, is that a combination of Pollard, Pilares, and Salas?

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

until we can show that we can stop the run we will be underdogs against very good running teams.

Being on the road a long way from home does have something to do with it but the performance if our DL has a lot more to do with it then anything else.

If our DTs cannot hold the gaps and if our DEs and LBs cannot play sound assignment football it could be a long day for us.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

poidog wrote:maybe moniz being questionable for the game played into that point spread. bet da fahm!
:wink: Can I bet Wyokie, a dozen sheep & six goats( I don't want to gamble all of the goats away cause I have weeds..)? :lol: :lol:

Go warriors! Say good Kight army...sleep tight! :wink: :D
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Let them do the talking, we'll do the walking. Being "favored" won't save them Saturday.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

It's a matter of history.

The Warriors have never been "Road Warriors".

Army is quick. It'll come down to our offensive line imho, and they looked pretty good against USC.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

I was trippin when I seen the spread as well..I guess being far away from home, a suspect D and the fact that it's the 9th anniversary of 9/11 will have Army pumped up...Hopefully it'll pump up our boys as well...I have faith that our Warriors will walk away with a victory...and a convincing one at that....Go Warriors!