Army - 24
E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Guess the score contest: Hawaii @ Army ***

Post by HawaiianHogster »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Really surprised the books have Army favored in this game. I watched them play EMU the other day, and I wasn't the least bit impressed. They are the poor man's Navy, and we beat Navy. :lol: That's okay, we seem to do better in the underdog role anyway.
Is this a joke? Did they not watch Hawaii give USC all it could handle last Thursday??? Hawaii should be at least 17 pts favorites in this game.

I heard UH is 2.5 to 3.0 underdogs. WTH are they smoking? I Pray Mack lets the dogs out to play and never stops. Even our 3rd stringers should go all out. No conservative play calling. Win this game easily and the Colorado game should be doable. Lose to Army and I fear the worse. No holds bar. All out play the rest of the season.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

NanakuliKuli
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by NanakuliKuli »

Army 20. UH 41.
Playing on 9/11 at West Point, don't expect a blowout by UH

mainlandkid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by mainlandkid »

UH-27 Army-14
Closer game than most people think. Our road mentality isn't quite there yet

kalilix7
Play Maker
Play Maker
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Patriots

Post by kalilix7 »

UH 35
Army 14

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Really surprised the books have Army favored in this game. I watched them play EMU the other day, and I wasn't the least bit impressed. They are the poor man's Navy, and we beat Navy. :lol: That's okay, we seem to do better in the underdog role anyway.
Is this a joke? Did they not watch Hawaii give USC all it could handle last Thursday??? Hawaii should be at least 17 pts favorites in this game.
Let's be honest though, the only times Hawaii scored in the 2nd half was when they were down by 20 pts. Not to say they did not look good but I still say the Offense has something to prove.

With that said....

Hawaii 28 - Army 17
GO BOWS!

XKamaaina
Starter
Starter

Post by XKamaaina »

Obviously we struggled against the run last week. It looked more like the DEs and LBs struggled, the DTs seemed to play well, so I think we build on that and take away Army's FB dive play. Army is good at running the ball so they will gain yards and score some. But, even as bad as we looked stopping the run against USC a lot of it was because the Trojans can run AND pass. Army will run, run, and pass a tiny bit. We've always done well against one-dimensional teams, so we should be able to get enough stops to pickup a win. I don't see Army matching up against our O very well at all.

UH 35, Army 24

Ymea
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Ymea »

HAWAII 49 \:D/ \:D/
ARMY 38 :bootyshake:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Sabut20 wrote:
Let's be honest though, the only times Hawaii scored in the 2nd half was when they were down by 20 pts. Not to say they did not look good but I still say the Offense has something to prove.

With that said....

Hawaii 28 - Army 17
Okay, I'll be real honest here! The 49-36 score wasn't even as close as the game really was. Yes, Hawaii made their share of mistakes but the officials made more than their share. You make it seem like UH scored against USC's bad backups. Remember USC's backups could probably start for most BCS programs. Our 3rd string QB threw 2 TD passes against their talented, all-everything backups. Our #2 QB almost threw another. Yes, Hawaii is traveling far and has struggled on the road in the past but those were the days of the Rainbows. We are the Warriors now!!!!!! WE do much better on the road and we have not only proved we can win away from Aloha Stadium, we can win decisively against teams w/ lesser talent. This is what I'm expecting @West Point. I agree that Hawaii will come out w/ something to prove especially on defense. I expect a defense that will swarm to the ball and make plays w/ emotion and force turnovers like it's nobody's business! Remember last seasons Wazzu game in Seattle? Think of this game but w/ Hawaii not taking taking it's foot off the gas pedal. I have all the respect in the world for Army. I served in the military myself but this team is simply overmatched by Hawaii! I expect Hawaii to not leave any stone unturned in this one. Warriors will roll 55-17! I wouldn't be surprised if Allan Sampson or Royce Pollard take a kickoff to the house!

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by bentofan »

Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Sabut20 wrote:

With that said....

Hawaii 28 - Army 17
Okay, I'll be real honest here! The 49-36 score wasn't even as close as the game really was. Yes, Hawaii made their share of mistakes but the officials made more than their share. You make it seem like UH scored against USC's bad backups. Remember USC's backups could probably start for most BCS programs. Our 3rd string QB threw 2 TD passes against their talented, all-everything backups. Our #2 QB almost threw another. Yes, Hawaii is traveling far and has struggled on the road in the past but those were the days of the Rainbows. We are the Warriors now!!!!!! WE do much better on the road and we have not only proved we can win away from Aloha Stadium, we can win decisively against teams w/ lesser talent. This is what I'm expecting @West Point. I agree that Hawaii will come out w/ something to prove especially on defense. I expect a defense that will swarm to the ball and make plays w/ emotion and force turnovers like it's nobody's business! Remember last seasons Wazzu game in Seattle? Think of this game but w/ Hawaii not taking taking it's foot off the gas pedal. I have all the respect in the world for Army. I served in the military myself but this team is simply overmatched by Hawaii! I expect Hawaii to not leave any stone unturned in this one. Warriors will roll 55-17! I wouldn't be surprised if Allan Sampson or Royce Pollard take a kickoff to the house!
Very true, and I hope we do roll them 55-17. If they do score 55 then the offense is legit and they don't have to prove anything to anyone.

GO BOWS!
GO BOWS!

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
I'm fine with it. I'm about to get an easy $200.

:-$

UH - 41
Army - 23

iHawaiian
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Fan of the Flyin Hawaiian
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: NY Jets

Post by iHawaiian »

Hawaii - 44