Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
hilo65
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Any team with UH players

Tormey Means Business

Post by hilo65 »

At practice today Coach Tormey got extremely heated at the kick return team. I've never seen a UH coach get so ticked off at his group before. You could hear every word he was saying. Basically the return team was not blocking full speed and just going through the motions. He laid into them. It was pretty scary but I think he did the job. He said something along the lines of "If you don't do your job, I'm pulling you out! I don't give a s*** anymore! I'm sick and tired of this bull!"

The team responded and made very good blocks from then on. Just thought I'd share because there have been a lot of criticisms about the coaches lately. It seemed today that they were doing everything in their power to make the team better. It is up to the players to execute on game day.

Alohaz

HitEmUpWarriors!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Tormey Means Business

Post by HitEmUpWarriors! »

It's good to hear that someone is tired of all this bull!

Let's Go Warriors! Play like one!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

hilo65 wrote:At practice today Coach Tormey got extremely heated at the kick return team. I've never seen a UH coach get so ticked off at his group before. You could hear every word he was saying. Basically the return team was not blocking full speed and just going through the motions. He laid into them. It was pretty scary but I think he did the job. He said something along the lines of "If you don't do your job, I'm pulling you out! I don't give a s*** anymore! I'm sick and tired of this bull!"

The team responded and made very good blocks from then on. Just thought I'd share because there have been a lot of criticisms about the coaches lately. It seemed today that they were doing everything in their power to make the team better. It is up to the players to execute on game day.

Alohaz
That's good to hear. Just wish it was done earlier and not 8 games into the season.
ImageImage

Wild Warrior
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Wild Warrior »

I am glad to hear that Coach Tormey is holding players accountable, because quite frankly special teams have been a big disappointment this season. Muffed punts, shanked punts, returning kick offs that shouldn't be returned, shanked kick offs, and blocked field goals have all had a negative impact in most of our games. Hopefully we can get this phase of the game turned around and the special teams can contribute to an overall turn around of the team.

Go Warriors

WW

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

yes I noticed this half-okole blocking all season; not like other teams. also the WR's blocking for other receivers after the catch. Coaches should pull out players not doing their job; and bring in the next guy who wants to play and give a maximum effort!
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

Irse wrote:
hilo65 wrote:At practice today Coach Tormey got extremely heated at the kick return team. I've never seen a UH coach get so ticked off at his group before. You could hear every word he was saying. Basically the return team was not blocking full speed and just going through the motions. He laid into them. It was pretty scary but I think he did the job. He said something along the lines of "If you don't do your job, I'm pulling you out! I don't give a s*** anymore! I'm sick and tired of this bull!"

Alohaz
That's good to hear. Just wish it was done earlier and not 8 games into the season.
Coach Tormey is the loudest UH coach I have ever heard and he's not even yelling most of the time.

However, this is NOT the first time this year a UH coach has had to get his point across to his unit. During fall camp heard both Coach Shaw and Coach Tormey, more so Shaw, verbally lay it to their respective units at times. In those instances it resulted in better play the next few times around.

But yes, the disturbing factor is that it has to come down to this stuff in order to get effort from our players????? Not good. Not good at all.

bungahead
All-conference
All-conference

Post by bungahead »

Tormey sounds like good head coaching material.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

let hope he bring that to the game.....idk about hc..but he is a great coach...

808havok
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808havok »

bungahead wrote:Tormey sounds like good head coaching material.
he was nevada's head coach before ault...

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

808havok wrote:
bungahead wrote:Tormey sounds like good head coaching material.
he was nevada's head coach before ault...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Really?!!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Edit...

No wonder I didn't hear of this guy.
Chris Ault has been head coach at Nevada since 1976...

edit...again...
who the heck coached Nevada for the last 3 decades?!!!!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote:Edit...

No wonder I didn't hear of this guy.
Chris Ault has been head coach at Nevada since 1976...

edit...again...
who the heck coached Nevada for the last 3 decades?!!!!
Mostly Ault. When he decided to give it up became AD and Jeff Tisdale took over as the HC but after 4 years the team tanked and Ault dumped him and hired Tormey. After 4 years Ault dumped Tomey and made himself HC which paid more than the AD job which he gave up. I don't think Tormey likes Ault. He said when he first took over at Nevada there wasn't one player who could lift over 400 lbs so he brought in a strength coach. He feels was just getting the program on its feet when Ault dumped him. Tormey teams beat Hawaii 2 of the 4 years he coached at Nevada.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:yes I noticed this half-okole blocking all season; not like other teams. also the WR's blocking for other receivers after the catch. Coaches should pull out players not doing their job; and bring in the next guy who wants to play and give a maximum effort!
Tom-WarriorNation,

I noticed the same thing, that some WR are not taking their blocking assignments seriously. I agree with you 100%!! :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Its time all the coaches started getting into their players heads and get them playing with all their might, passion, love for the game, and to win. Without that combined effort they will lose the rest of their games. Then I will be pissed at the players for not showing up on game day. If that happens I will start a fire the players web site. I bet those back ups and walk-ons would put up a better fight.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

jstar999
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jstar999 »

Tormey stunk as a head coach at Nevada. Thats the worst thing that ever happened was Ault giving him the reigns for three years. It set our program back and Ault had to come in and fix it.