Does anyone know if washington has discipline...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Re: Does anyone know if washington has discipline...

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

I'm glad I'm not the coach because it must be fustrating because Washington is our best reciever in practice. He's got great hands but enough game time trials, time to move on we need to be more productive. Bain and Lane (but we need more improvement for Lane) got better but not Washington. Mederios catches everything in practice and in GAMES. Hope to see him out there. For sure we need a change at PR but I don't know if Bain can take it to the house, we will have to see.
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

FloridaWarrior
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by FloridaWarrior »

IPatentllo7o1 wrote:I remember when lelie was trying to get better he was out on the practice field catching balls at like 6am in the morn... something like 100 balls a day, and whatever he caught in practice on top of that... with the way the balls always hit washingtons hands and fall to the turf for a loss of downs get me to think hes not out there at 6am catching balls, like lelie... Lane needs to learn to make a play even though he may not be able to catch it, he can atleast play defense and not let their DB int it.... what i really want to see is michael washington not drop anything thrown his way for one whole game, and malcom lane go up and attack for the ball, fight for the ball in traffic, then come down with it... Salas can why cant Lane???
I am not quite sure why old diver diverted this thread into a "who would you you like to see return punts"?
In answer to your question, Yes MW sucks most of the time .
he is usually dropping passes with an occasional good catch.
i like what i see from Salas a lot.
He's a big time player with good hands.
Royce Pollard looked good last week.
MW had one great catch and a bunch of dropped opportunities.
MLane needs to get more aggressive.
He has speed and talent but he plays like a wuss sometimes.
like you said, he needs to go up and fight for the ball and make more catches.
good observations Patentllo7o1!
I am still not sure why every one followed old diver off in another direction on your thread.
Hawaii Warriors...A living Tradition

FloridaWarrior out...

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

FloridaWarrior wrote:
IPatentllo7o1 wrote:I remember when lelie was trying to get better he was out on the practice field catching balls at like 6am in the morn... something like 100 balls a day, and whatever he caught in practice on top of that... with the way the balls always hit washingtons hands and fall to the turf for a loss of downs get me to think hes not out there at 6am catching balls, like lelie... Lane needs to learn to make a play even though he may not be able to catch it, he can atleast play defense and not let their DB int it.... what i really want to see is michael washington not drop anything thrown his way for one whole game, and malcom lane go up and attack for the ball, fight for the ball in traffic, then come down with it... Salas can why cant Lane???
I am not quite sure why old diver diverted this thread into a "who would you you like to see return punts"?
In answer to your question, Yes MW sucks most of the time .
he is usually dropping passes with an occasional good catch.
i like what i see from Salas a lot.
He's a big time player with good hands.
Royce Pollard looked good last week.
MW had one great catch and a bunch of dropped opportunities.
MLane needs to get more aggressive.
He has speed and talent but he plays like a wuss sometimes.
like you said, he needs to go up and fight for the ball and make more catches.
good observations Patentllo7o1!
I am still not sure why every one followed old diver off in another direction on your thread.
because everyone thinks im a troll even though i speak the truth... they just dont like hearing it unless its full of fluff and sugar... isn't that right guys?? keep your heads in the sand, ill let you know when the bad man is gone... 8)

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

Since you brought it up, the reason people think you are a troll is because even though you have good points, you belittle anyone who disagrees with you and you seem to take pride in being the exact opposite of the pollyannas - i.e., they are unrealistically optimistic and you seem to take delight in finding things to bash the players and coaches.
IPatentllo7o1 wrote:

because everyone thinks im a troll even though i speak the truth... they just dont like hearing it unless its full of fluff and sugar... isn't that right guys?? keep your heads in the sand, ill let you know when the bad man is gone... 8)
Substance matters.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

dcwarrior wrote:Since you brought it up, the reason people think you are a troll is because even though you have good points, you belittle anyone who disagrees with you and you seem to take pride in being the exact opposite of the pollyannas - i.e., they are unrealistically optimistic and you seem to take delight in finding things to bash the players and coaches.
IPatentllo7o1 wrote:

hey dcwarrior i can see how people can perceive me in that light... but like you said i make good points, but people would rather play ignorant which i dont understand... if people just took the time to acknowledge the fact that there are things going wrong, then took the time to solve it, im sure there would be less problems and things would be back on track...

Its kinda the same mentality that plagues hawaiis culture... born and raised here i lived on the east side, and spent time in wahiawa... night and day, but both places have their own set of lifestyles, and problems to go along with it... and if you look at my posts, i dont belittle anyone until they provoke it... or its just in the form of a little debate which is what forums are for, to discuss and talk about topics of interest... im tired of conforming to everyone else, and perhaps that why what i say sometimes offends them and they take it personal when they should not... seriously, they attack what i say so i come back at em... ::shrugs:: i see no wrong in it... and if there is please enlighten me...

btw i dont take pride in being the exact opposite, although i do take pride in having the courage to speak my mind... knowing ill gain friends and foes, but most likely foes.... its not a popularity contest, its college football...

ITS WARRIOR FOOTBALL!!!

realist1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by realist1 »

Pilares must have trouble catching punts. Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer that he would be the best guy to do that.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I think the guys got spoiled by the peak of the June Jones' era. I mean...MW has 300 yards and one touchdown with half the season gone?!!! Shoot, Rivers had more 'n that in the bowl game vs. ASU...

Michael doesn't have to be the next Davone Bess...he just has to catch the ball. It's kind of like Funaki saying, "I'm not Colt...I'm just Inoke..." Field the punt, and gain 5 yards...you won't win the game by yourself.

Have a good game against Nevada, and I'll forget about all the extra baggage.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

realist1 wrote:Pilares must have trouble catching punts. Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer that he would be the best guy to do that.
under normal circumstances i think you'd be right. Just one thing, if pilares got injured returning a punt we'd be in the same predicament we're in now. It just so happens Pilares is injured and out for 3 weeks. exactly what the coaches were trying to prevent. JMHO you just don't mark down an injury prone player as the starting punt returner, especially when he's your best running back, starting running back, and was the only healthy back. Now were stuck at the running back spot, we win when he's in, and we lose when he's out. thats the way the dice rolls...

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

SundayJam wrote:I think the guys got spoiled by the peak of the June Jones' era. I mean...MW has 300 yards and one touchdown with half the season gone?!!! Shoot, Rivers had more 'n that in the bowl game vs. ASU...

Michael doesn't have to be the next Davone Bess...he just has to catch the ball. It's kind of like Funaki saying, "I'm not Colt...I'm just Inoke..." Field the punt, and gain 5 yards...you won't win the game by yourself.

Have a good game against Nevada, and I'll forget about all the extra baggage.
hey i dont know about the rest of ya, but washington reminds me of channon harris, good players, fast, explosive, but just couldnt catch the ball... Later, in the season he started catching it and his production went up... i just hope washing starts making those grabs... in traffic and especially when hes wide open. ive seen him drop a few of those this season... wide open and it bounces off his hands or facemask....

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

you seem to live in the past a lot bro....you need to learn to move forward. I would like to see better production from our team, but they will be there soon.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

thanohano44 wrote:

you seem to live in the past a lot bro....you need to learn to move forward. I would like to see better production from our team, but they will be there soon.
you use the past as a measuring tool... without it you'll never know the amount of progress you've made... History is the very foundation we lack... EVERY big time BCS team has a history to be proud of, and im sure if you tell them to stop bringing up the past they'll throw you out... if we want to be a storied program we better start acting like one.... if there are problems, fix em.... dont pretend its fine and jolly with your head in the sand hoping when you pull it out everything is fine...

*****LOCKED BY MODERATORS*****
This thread is going nowhere and the horse has been beat to death.