Chill on Inoke.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Pliny
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Chill on Inoke.

Post by Pliny »

He was pretty decent tonight despite the 5 int's. 2 out of those weren't his fault. The one at the end of the game he waas just trying to make something happen. I'm not that big on Funaki, but we gotta support whoever is in there at qb. The one knock that i have on him is that he gets too down on his self when things start too go bad. He has to learn one snap and clear. Most of his throws tonight were on the money. I can't remember how many balls were just flat out dropped or jarred loose by a defender. For the people who say that the recievers were making amazing catches to bail funaki out... come on. they made those spectacular catches because funaki was putting the ball where only his player could make a play. jus chill shmall kine people. its growing pains. jus support das all you can do! Biatching and moaning aint going change nothing.

slashtom
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Chill on Inoke.

Post by slashtom »

Yep.

I support Funaki. Let him get into the system. I hope Ron makes more use of him. Watching Fresno, man was he doing a lot of rollouts.

He has the power

He has the ability to make accurate throws.

He's doing good.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

yep. funaki played well despite 5 ints. they should have let him finish the game

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

slashtom wrote:Yep.

I support Funaki. Let him get into the system. I hope Ron makes more use of him. Watching Fresno, man was he doing a lot of rollouts.

He has the power

He has the ability to make accurate throws.

He's doing good.
Funaki did a descent job. He needs to stop throwing it when the WR are double teamed. Boise just read the schemes and made plays when he rolled out.
"Limits like fears are just an illusion." Michael Jordan

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

The only problem I have with Funaki is when he is outside of the tackle box he needs to throw the ball away and not take the sack.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Inoke was absolutely terrible today.
Why would anyone make excuses for him?

That's all I'm gonna say.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Yeah, Inoke is a great athlete, and he's our starting QB, so I support him 100%. Gotta agree with you on the fact that he gets too down on himself though...he needs to have more confidence in himself, because as he's proved in Fresno, he can get the job done. A hard loss, but again, 6 turnovers and only losing by 20? Did anyone think that Inoke was playing a little injured though? After that one run, he was favoring his hip, so I wonder if that was affecting his throwing...anyway, time to look forward to Nevada!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

Pliny
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pliny »

RedZone wrote:The only problem I have with Funaki is when he is outside of the tackle box he needs to throw the ball away and not take the sack.
it will come with time.

He looked good in the pocket aside from the pressure and holding on to the ball a little longer than he should, but much improvement from the last game.

Pliny
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pliny »

SundayJam wrote:Inoke was absolutely terrible today.

What was so terrible about him aside from the int's

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Pliny wrote:
RedZone wrote:The only problem I have with Funaki is when he is outside of the tackle box he needs to throw the ball away and not take the sack.
it will come with time.

He looked good in the pocket aside from the pressure and holding on to the ball a little longer than he should, but much improvement from the last game.
He actually did throw the ball away a couple of times. Sure, not as many times as Colt would've, but more than he was before. He'll learn to throw it away.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

DA BRO FROM MAKAKILO
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by DA BRO FROM MAKAKILO »

Pliny wrote:

5 INT!!!!!

CMON BRAH...WHATS YOUR DEFINITION "TERRIBLE"??

AND ALSO IAM STARTING TO THINK THAT LWJ IS OVER-HYPED...KEALOHA GOES DOWN...NO RB STEPPED UP....JUST SAD

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by lava »

It seemed like on every pass play Inoke had two guys in his face, the ends had containment so there was nowhere to scramble, and he threw to a receiver covered by two guys.

They outplayed us. Next game.

Gaara
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Gaara »

DA BRO FROM MAKAKILO wrote:
Pliny wrote:

5 INT!!!!!

CMON BRAH...WHATS YOUR DEFINITION "TERRIBLE"??

AND ALSO IAM STARTING TO THINK THAT LWJ IS OVER-HYPED...KEALOHA GOES DOWN...NO RB STEPPED UP....JUST SAD
i have to agree with da bro one hundred percent. About the playing terrible part. As much as I would like to see another QB in there I guess I have to trust the coaches decision. I just think we owe it to the seniors to win as many games as possible.
Pliny wrote:

hilo65
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Any team with UH players

Post by hilo65 »

Funaki needs some protection. If you watch the Oline all night, they were getting beat bad. When you have someone in your face every time you pass the ball it's very very hard to make good throws. Be patient because Inoke made bad throws but was hit almost every time he dropped back to pass.

Also receivers need to catch the ball and stop dropping passes. Salas had a very nice game though.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

we've yet to have a game where all parts of the offense, (qb, line, wr, rb) have all been on the same page. one week the qb will do well, but the wrs drop the passes, the week after the line can't protect, we just need to put a solid game on offense together to get the wins.