Kealoha Pilares is stepping it up!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Kealoha Pilares is stepping it up!!

Post by goBows15 »

Pilares has been a huge contributor this year and I can't believe how much better he looks than he did last year. I really thought Libre outplayed Pilares last year.

This year he is making decisions much quicker when he hits the hole and gets upfield quicker. He also doesn't go down at the slightest contact like he did last year. He used to go down with any little bump or arm tackle and now looks much much stronger.

Way to go Kealoha!

Now if we could only get Wright-Jackson going! He was a little better this past game but looked horrible at Fresno.
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: Kealoha Pilares is stepping it up!!

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Great post. Agreed 100%. Pilares has improved greatly. He no longer gets ankle tackled easily and you get the feeling he's going to bust a big one every time he touches the ball. I feel he'll continue to get 100+ total offensive yards and 1-2 TD's a game. He's one of our best offensive players! Keep it up, KP!

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

and he's only a sophomore!!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Yup, he's doing great! I think he's our best RB at this point.

kalilwayne
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kalilwayne »

I couldn't agree more!
goBows15 wrote:Pilares has been a huge contributor this year and I can't believe how much better he looks than he did last year. I really thought Libre outplayed Pilares last year.

This year he is making decisions much quicker when he hits the hole and gets upfield quicker. He also doesn't go down at the slightest contact like he did last year. He used to go down with any little bump or arm tackle and now looks much much stronger.

Way to go Kealoha!

Now if we could only get Wright-Jackson going! He was a little better this past game but looked horrible at Fresno.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

That dude also is a more than adequate blocker. He needs to touch that ball at least 15-18x per game.
We got a chance in Boise, but we gotta take care of the ball. I think our defense will keep us in the game for awhile. I hope rocky and blaze will be back for that one. Win and expect a near sellout for the Nevada game.

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

I think the offense has helped him as well. They don't have him run straight up the middle all the time now. They have more misdirection plays and him running around the edge...

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

warriorfan808 wrote:Yup, he's doing great! I think he's our best RB at this point.
+1

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I also agree. My guess is he is getting better at what he does and also the team/coaches are getting better at creating oportunitites for him.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

yes he is.

but then again, i always liked him. i thought he was unjustly criticized last year. i mean, geez he was just an inexperienced, freshman last year.

yeah, i really like how he is running right now.