Rocky

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalilwayne
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Rocky

Post by kalilwayne »

According to Stephen Tsai, Rocky practiced today and is "optimistic" about playing this week.

http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rocky

Post by madeinhawaii »

I get an ingrown toenail and I want to call in sick.

Our Warriors got heart. They are team players.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

There's a part of me that wants him to get healthy and go with the medical redshirt.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

HK wrote:There's a part of me that wants him to get healthy and go with the medical redshirt.
Cannot get a medical redshirt. Anything after the first 25% (game 3) will count as a full season. Since he got hurt in game 4, he wouldn't be eligible. He may be able to apply for a 6th year but that would be a long shot.
ImageImage

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

HK wrote:There's a part of me that wants him to get healthy and go with the medical redshirt.
Same with Blaze. I fear he will knock himself out of football for life if he plays this year.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

Irse wrote:
Cannot get a medical redshirt. Anything after the first 25% (game 3) will count as a full season. Since he got hurt in game 4, he wouldn't be eligible. He may be able to apply for a 6th year but that would be a long shot.
Dang!

goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by goBows15 »

Any news on Blaze? He was limping badly at the San Jose game but I didn't spock him at the La Tech game.
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

goBows15 wrote:Any news on Blaze? He was limping badly at the San Jose game but I didn't spock him at the La Tech game.
He was there in street clothes. Such a sad sad sight. Superman without his cape on :(

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

looks like rocky is out. from tsai's blog:
It appears that defensive tackle Rocky Savaiigaea now will opt to have surgery on his injured left triceps. He did not practice today.
he decided to go with surgery. my guess is that when he practiced yesterday, he realized he needed the surgery. tsai doesn't say, but my guess is that he's done for the year. bummers

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

HK wrote:
Irse wrote:
Dang!
Per Stephen Tsai, Rocky is going to get interpretation on whether on medical hardship redshirt since he only played in 1 game (against San Jose State) this season having been out the first 3 games of this season due to initial tricep injury suffered during Fall Camp.
# Stephen Tsai:
October 14th, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Rocky is going to seek a medical hardship for this year. While he probably will not get a decision, he at least wants an interpretation.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Bummer. I know if he decided to get the surgery that was a very difficult thing for him to do. You could tell he so wanted to play.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

Rocky is a junior this year, so the decision on medical hardship wouldn't necessarily need to be made this off-season right?