Iuta Tepa

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Iuta Tepa

Post by Waryor »

it's over. tepa commits to ucla:

By Brian Dohn on January 31, 2009 8:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | ShareThis

Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa committed to UCLA tonight. I just got off the phone with him and will have more shortly.

By Brian Dohn on January 31, 2009 8:17 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | ShareThis

Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa talked about why he gave UCLA a verbal commitment tonight.
"It's a close to home, and I felt more at home here,'' Tepa said. "I like the campus. It's beautiful. The coaching staff is wonderful and the players make you feel comfortable being around them. That's why I chose UCLA."
And, for those wondering, he was the silent commit I had spoken about before.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

no surprise. bummers, but...

at least the suspense has ended and we can move on.

i assume we were holding a scholie for him. so that means a scholie should open up and we can either bring in a greyshirt early or offer another player. should be interesting in the next few days. loi day can't happen soon enough.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Thanks for the info. It frees up a scholie to a deserving young man who wants to be a Warrior. Good luck to Tepa.

tomboahi
High-quality H20 provider

Post by tomboahi »

oh well. what's a silent commit?

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Ahh he was UCLA all along,didn't he wanted to stay close to home all along??. But anyways good luck to him @ UCLA.
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

tomboahi wrote:oh well. what's a silent commit?
brian dohn works for ucla insider. i guess he told the bruin fans a couple days ago that a recruit committed to ucla but that he couldn't say who it was... until now.

tomboahi

Post by tomboahi »

Waryor wrote:
brian dohn works for ucla insider. i guess he told the bruin fans a couple days ago that a recruit committed to ucla but that he couldn't say who it was... until now.
thanks waryor. guess tepa wanted to make the visit first to make sure.

tomboahi

Post by tomboahi »

with tepa and mckay going to UCLA, let's hope they don't offer GDL a grayshirt or something.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

i can't believe he was a silent commit for ucla. that kind of pisses me off and i no longer wish him well. UH offered him, he committed to us and then he became a silent commit to another school.

maybe im over reacting, i hope that he had let the UH coaches know and that he was silent to everyone else at least that would be cool, i really hope thats what he did.

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

tangomike wrote:i can't believe he was a silent commit for ucla. that kind of pisses me off and i no longer wish him well. UH offered him, he committed to us and then he became a silent commit to another school.

maybe im over reacting, i hope that he had let the UH coaches know and that he was silent to everyone else at least that would be cool, i really hope thats what he did.
I've been reading that guys blog for a while now and it was mentioned that Tepa was a silent commit (he didn't say his name but sure gave a lot of clues that it was him) even before the visit to Hawaii. He had no intention to come to Hawaii after UCLA offered.

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

yah, i agree with you tangomike. he should of just said so from as soon as he realized. could've gave us more time to pursue another recruit. although, i really believe that mack and staff were pretty much aware of all this.

i can't say that i am surprised. i would have been more surprised if he honored his early hawaii commit.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Waryor wrote:it's over. tepa commits to ucla:

By Brian Dohn on January 31, 2009 8:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | ShareThis

Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa committed to UCLA tonight. I just got off the phone with him and will have more shortly.

By Brian Dohn on January 31, 2009 8:17 PM | Permalink | Comments (2) | ShareThis

Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa talked about why he gave UCLA a verbal commitment tonight.
"It's a close to home, and I felt more at home here,'' Tepa said. "I like the campus. It's beautiful. The coaching staff is wonderful and the players make you feel comfortable being around them. That's why I chose UCLA."
And, for those wondering, he was the silent commit I had spoken about before.
See, it's not that hard. :wink:

pikachu
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by pikachu »

A silent commit is a recruit that has committed to a school but has not gone public with it. A lot of USC fans think that Te`o is a silent commit to USC.
"I'm coming back, I will return, and I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn; I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course" -- "Number of the Beast" Iron Maiden

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

I'm not surprised! I took his name off my list 3-days ago!

pikachu
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by pikachu »

tomboahi wrote:with tepa and mckay going to UCLA, let's hope they don't offer GDL a grayshirt or something.
Dohn talked about Daily-Lyles yesterday.
With Stan McKay committing and an offer to Iuta Tepa, is UCLA interested in their teammate, LB George Daily-Lyles (Hawaii commit)?
I don't believe UCLA is interested in Daily-Lyles.
Answers, Part X

******* Moved to the High School Forum by the Moderators *********
"I'm coming back, I will return, and I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn; I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course" -- "Number of the Beast" Iron Maiden