Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Re: Don't forget call the coach tonight

Post by letsgobows »

mules78 wrote:Is it me or does Bobby always finishes Coach's sentence because Coach can't recall the player's name or coach can't finish his thought......he did that numerous times last night.

:D
porter...i mean pollard. LOL.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

He does that alot. If a caller tries to criticize Mack, BC would talk for him and back him up.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

I appreciate the support for Rick. He continues to give 100% and since he was not getting reps with the varsity he requested to go over to the scout team in order to help them better prepare. Yesterday he scored three touchdowns against the first team defense. If he can make these guys better it is still a way to contribute to the Warrior cause. Thanks again for the positive comments.

CoachKen
Character, strength, and honor!

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

CoachKen wrote:I appreciate the support for Rick. He continues to give 100% and since he was not getting reps with the varsity he requested to go over to the scout team in order to help them better prepare. Yesterday he scored three touchdowns against the first team defense. If he can make these guys better it is still a way to contribute to the Warrior cause. Thanks again for the positive comments.

CoachKen
CoachKen, I admire yours and Rick's positive attitude. Hopefully he gets into the SB rotation next season, if not this season.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

CoachKen wrote:I appreciate the support for Rick. He continues to give 100% and since he was not getting reps with the varsity he requested to go over to the scout team in order to help them better prepare. Yesterday he scored three touchdowns against the first team defense. If he can make these guys better it is still a way to contribute to the Warrior cause. Thanks again for the positive comments.

CoachKen

When all the facts are in ... then you know. Looks like it had little to do with Coach McMackin except where he might have said.."okay".

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

CoachKen
Wow 3 TDs? I would think someone who did that well would open the eyes of the HC! :-
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

was it live? full gear.. full hitting?

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Macnut wrote:

CoachKen
Wow 3 TDs? I would think someone who did that well would open the eyes of the HC! :-
I heard Pollard did real well in the Scout bowl and it really opened the coaches eyes. He was the back RWR in the SJSU game and played after Malcolm was injured. I have also heard that Rick Taylor has been tearing it up in practice. If hope this kid will start to get some PT in games. I know we have a lot of talented slots but Rick is also one of them. Plus, he adds a little more size to go along w/ speed and quickness at slot.

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

madeinhawaii,

It was full team.

CoachKen

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Macnut wrote:

CoachKen
I heard Pollard did real well in the Scout bowl and it really opened the coaches eyes. He was the back RWR in the SJSU game and played after Malcolm was injured. I have also heard that Rick Taylor has been tearing it up in practice. If hope this kid will start to get some PT in games. I know we have a lot of talented slots but Rick is also one of them. Plus, he adds a little more size to go along w/ speed and quickness at slot.
If I remember correctly didn't Mack say that perforing well on the scout team was a way for players to get notice thus earning a chance at having some PT?

I too have been waiting to see Rick play.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

FlyinManatee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by FlyinManatee »

Macnut wrote:Some women called and asked about Rick Taylor and Coach Mack said that he has been injured and needs to get his act together. You could tell Mack was making excuses and lying 'cause Rick has been healthy for over a month. Rick keeps burning the 1st team defense but b/c of Coach Mack's unfairness, Rick has to suffer for it.
Just to clarify, yes a caller asked this question. However, Mack didn't say Rick needed to "get his act together".

Mack did say Rick had been injured and needed to get back. The gist of what he was saying was injuries had much to do with why he was not in the rotation, not that there was anything "personally" wrong with Rick, his work ethic or anything else.

You can debate the injury issue if you wish, and trust me, I would like to see Rick out there as well, but its unfair to attribute statements to Mack that he did not make.

Mack concluded by saying Rick is a great kid.

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

FlyinManatee,

Thanks for the details...being so far away it is hard to get information. Some of the players email me with questions but other than that I miss out on a lot regarding the radio or TV...I guess I should find out more about when things are being broadcast.

CoachKen

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

FlyinManatee wrote:
Macnut wrote:Some women called and asked about Rick Taylor and Coach Mack said that he has been injured and needs to get his act together. You could tell Mack was making excuses and lying 'cause Rick has been healthy for over a month. Rick keeps burning the 1st team defense but b/c of Coach Mack's unfairness, Rick has to suffer for it.
Just to clarify, yes a caller asked this question. However, Mack didn't say Rick needed to "get his act together".

Mack did say Rick had been injured and needed to get back. The gist of what he was saying was injuries had much to do with why he was not in the rotation, not that there was anything "personally" wrong with Rick, his work ethic or anything else.

You can debate the injury issue if you wish, and trust me, I would like to see Rick out there as well, but its unfair to attribute statements to Mack that he did not make.

Ahh... good to get that bit of clarification. What was implied earlier certainly didn't seem like Mackinesque at all.

Thanks ! :wink:

Poopsnorkeler
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Poopsnorkeler »

madeinhawaii wrote:
FlyinManatee wrote:

Ahh... good to get that bit of clarification. What was implied earlier certainly didn't seem like Mackinesque at all.

Thanks ! :wink:
Yes, thanks again for the clarification because that didn't seem right what Mack said.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mahalo Guys...
I was the first caller, then I had to split and missed the rest of the Show....
Coach Mack is a class act guy...