Edited: Hawaii vs San Jose on ESPN GAMEPLAN!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Edited: Hawaii vs San Jose on ESPN GAMEPLAN!

Post by Waryor »

i know it's a week away, but espn released their gameplan schedule for sept 27 and the hawaii game is NOT on. :evil:

i don't understand. they showed the weber st game. this is a wac game, why not have it on espn? i mean, what else are they going to show at midnight?

is it time to start an email campaign? anyway, i sent an email. please help me out:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/contact?c ... d%20states
Last edited by Waryor on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: hawaii vs san jose on tv?

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

Done. Mahalo for the suggestion, Waryor.

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by lava »

But if the game becomes too available, then we lose the strength of our 12th man.

It's a tough issue. I know some can't make it to the stadium, others prefer not to go, etc., and we can afford to make exceptions for some. But many others are ideal candidates to attend -- they know their football, they are eager to cheer for UH, etc., and when we lose these folks, it hurts us.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

The mainland fans want to watch the game, lava.
I'm pretty sure Waryor is asking for us mainlanders, not you guys.

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

lava wrote:But if the game becomes too available, then we lose the strength of our 12th man.

It's a tough issue. I know some can't make it to the stadium, others prefer not to go, etc., and we can afford to make exceptions for some. But many others are ideal candidates to attend -- they know their football, they are eager to cheer for UH, etc., and when we lose these folks, it hurts us.
the number of hawaii fans with gameplan through a provider other than oceanic is too small to make any kind of dent in attendance. fear not.

2left
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 2left »

Waryor wrote:i know it's a week away, but espn released their gameplan schedule for sept 27 and the hawaii game is NOT on. :evil:

i don't understand. they showed the weber st game. this is a wac game, why not have it on espn? i mean, what else are they going to show at midnight?

is it time to start an email campaign? anyway, i sent an email. please help me out:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/contact?c ... d%20states

I just sent my email. Since Jim Donovan doesn't think internet viewing warrants much effort due to its lack of revenue production.

btw - I also suggest emailing Jim Donovan to let him know that you are a financial supporter of UH football through Na Koa or other means, and that one of the reasons you supported the team was the enthusiasm you gained from actually watching the games. Money talks!

athdir@hawaii.edu

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

email to ESPN sent
Substance matters.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

btw - I also suggest emailing Jim Donovan to let him know that you are a financial supporter of UH football through Na Koa or other means, and that one of the reasons you supported the team was the enthusiasm you gained from actually watching the games. Money talks!
DONE!

sefurd
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by sefurd »

Waryor,
Where did you see the gameplan schedule for Sept 27. I usually check through DirecTV and they do not have it up yet.

Thanks

managerr
All-conference
All-conference

Post by managerr »

I just sent my email. Since Jim Donovan doesn't think internet viewing warrants much effort due to its lack of revenue production.
!
Really? I wonder if that's including the # of mainland Na Koa members/donators. Or those that follow the team and pay for tickets when they go to the mainland...

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

Waryor,
Where did you see the gameplan schedule for Sept 27. I usually check through DirecTV and they do not have it up yet.

Thanks
from espn website:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules ... groupId=80

still no hawaii on schedule. we still got a few more days, espn can still add it on. i remember past years, espn would add hawaii even as late as a couple of days before the game. so please, those of you who have not sent an email yet, please do so.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

in the event that espn does not pick it up.

does anyone know where we can get a live video feed of the game?

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

the local SF bay area sportscasters were amazed they didn't show this past weekend's SJSU-Stanford game; not even on the web; especially since it was one of the last games on here at 6pm PST. Could this be a SJSU factor?? I hope not. Like Coach Ken said, this is a MUST WIN PIVOTAL GAME for us--actually the next 4 since they will be the toughest WAC games!
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

2left
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 2left »

managerr wrote:
!
Really? I wonder if that's including the # of mainland Na Koa members/donators. Or those that follow the team and pay for tickets when they go to the mainland...
I think the UHAD is just looking at the immediate bottom line, and doubt they see the ripple effect that internet viewing has on donations and support. Bottom line - if my personal experience is any indication, being able to watch the team all season made me want to travel to Las Vegas and New Orleans to see the team live. Not to mention, up my annual donation to Na Koa.

Here is the chat where Donovan explains why the internet doesn't get much attention from the UHAD:

http://forum.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewto ... 26&t=27464

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Sent an email.