Inoke named starter for Weber State

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: Inoke named starter for Weber State

Post by BigWave96744 »

This week pits Inoke (Kahuku) vs Cameron Higgins (St Louis)
The last two times Inoke played against a St. Louis QB.....
2 State Championship :D :D :D
Just something for 95 Boyz and the Red Raider Nation

808havok
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808havok »

letsgobows wrote:
Macnut wrote:On tonights news, coach Mac said that Inoke moves around too much! Duh! Isn't that what makes him able to make plays? Its like when coach Zorn is trying to corral Colt's play. Sometimes you gotta let these guys be who they are. Thats what makes them standout above the rest.
in my view, theres a difference between sliding in the pocket and scrambling. inoke scrambles. granted, he was under a pass rush.

normally u want to drop back, slide in the pocket, then scramble if absolutely neccessary.

funaki is usually drop back, scramble.

dont get me wrong, i like funaki. but when u scramble before sliding, you take away the offensive system. you then resort to playing backyard football.
that's what happened with vince young. the boy just couldn't adjust to the nfl and run norm chow's system FIRST. his feet wanted to dance first. i SO wanted the titans to draft matt leinart... argh..

anyway, yeah, as long as ron lee is here, hawaii will continue to run the run-n-shoot and the qb that runs that system well is gonna' be the starter according to the coaches. last time i checked, we don't run the spread option as the base offense...

flip808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by flip808 »

I think putting Inoke as a starter is a good move. Alexander and Rausch have good arms but lack experience in the offense whereas Inoke has been there for awhile and prettty much can read and react better.

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Inoke plays with heart and he's not scared out there unlike the 2 JC guys. I know I'll be criticized for this but, thats one thing why I don't care for Pilares. He plays scared and tentative. Why he's above the depth chart over someone like Rick Taylor, is a mystery.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I think Inoke should do well. Here is an interview with Colt in which he talks about Funaki in the later half of it. http://am1500hawaii.com/1500v2/default.asp
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller