2008 UH Sched and Opponent Scheds Week 17 Bowl game results

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2008 UH Schedule and Opponent Schedules Week 7-2 game streak

Post by chawan_cut »

big week this week.
boise is probably dying to get back at us for winning the wac last year. they're starting a freshman qb thats doing well for them. and with all their schemes and formations and trick plays, our defense really needs to play smart and play their positions. boise takes advantage of the little things. hopefully our offense can move the ball and score consistantly. we can't have the 3 and outs this week or boise could score quick and put the game out of reach.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

dang,
jekyl and hyde.
can't win with 5 turnovers.

wow, san jose won this week. their D ran back 2 holbrook ints for TDs, including a 90 yarder. we'll see what they can do against boise next week.

la tech bounces back to trounce idaho.

wazzu is still struggling, getting shut out 69-0

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

it feels so much better after a win.

wow. so who's gonna be our starting QB next week? coach said he doesn't like to make decisions on emotion, but kinda hard to see how alexander didn't outshine the rest this game.
sure there was bad clock and TO management to force that insane TD at the end to win it, but man, i can't handle these stressful games no more. i wasn't even there too.

utah state isn't an easy place to get to or play. hopefully its not that cold yet. they put up a good fight with fresno, and it took fresno's kicker to kick a 58 yarder to win it at the end. hopefully they're a little down.

idaho knocks off nmsu. shocker. i think it was the kibbie dome.

boise kills san jose. still don't know how we lost to sjsu. oh wait, the turnovers. thats right.

boise will have trouble when they play a team that doesn't hurt themselves and actually has an offense. nevada will give them fits.

that's all for now. gotta pass out.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2008 UH Schedule and Opponent Schedules Week 13 - Idaho

Post by chawan_cut »

This week's schedules uploaded.
We won! Hawaii Bowl here we come. We need to capitalize on our good field position every time though. Next we can't play this sloppy. Cincy will be coming here happy to get into the BCS, but they're a good team.
Boise wiped out Fresno to prove a point, but the BCS will still screw them.
Amazingly Utah St blows out New Mexico St. Maybe it was to send off their coach with a win. Who would've thought that Holbrook would go out with a wimper.
Florida vs Alabama will be for the BCS National championship berth. We'll see if Bama can stop Florida's offense that has been on fire.
No Rose Bowl for Oregon St who couldn't stop the Ducks who upset them.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2008 UH Schedule and Opponent Schedules Week 14 - Wazzu

Post by chawan_cut »

ok, just did my schedule update. added in all the bowl games our opponents are going to.

i also looked at our total opponent's record this year compared to last year. (pre-bowl records)

this year:
90-72

last year
53-93

we had a tough schedule this year. last year wasn't (pros and cons, thanks to HF)

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2008 UH Sched and Opponent Scheds Week 17 Bowl game results

Post by chawan_cut »

Bowl results so far.
Only La Tech has won a bowl game to represent the WAC.
just as i though, Boise was severely over rated. They couldn't show up to take on the MWC's 2nd ranked team. Boise's offense was held to -7 yards in the 2nd quarter and 3 points in the 2nd half.
We didn't fare so well against Notre Dame. They were hungry for a win. And how did Jimmy Clausen finally show up for a football game this year and it be us? I don't know if anyone could play a more perfect game.
Fresno chokes in the end of their game to let CSU come back to win.
Nevada's offense is shut down in their loss.
Oregon St and Pitt played a defensive game and win 3-0.
Florida and Cincy have yet to play. I'll update this one more time next week.

Our opponent win totals are much more than last year's. Our schedule this year was definitely more difficult except for the that 3 game stretch with Utah St (we'll get you back next year) NMSU, Idaho & Wazzu.