bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Re: What to expect in the season opener

Post by bigislandkurt »

Wow! A Ken Sighting! Must be getting close to the season!

Good analysis. I think our blowout lost to UGA will be our greatest blessing going in to the swamp. Back to Back SEC foes. Hawaii Bradduh's just gonna need to man up an not be bullied. Set the tone fast. Don't get bullied and don't ever ever give up.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

I definitely agree! Leonard Peters could not get to the bench fast enough! He told me it really made a difference and Ryan Grice-Mullens said the same thing! Leonard had the right kind of pads where we could insert the bladders that go inside the pads. Only a few of the guys had these.

Coach
Character, strength, and honor!

Southbay
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Southbay »

Thanks Coach for the insight!

Here's my take:

If can block, get chance. No can block no mo chance.

OldBamaGuy
All-American
All-American

Post by OldBamaGuy »

Kobayashi wrote:
CoachKen wrote:Don't know at this point. Talked with one of the coaches briefly about it. Will know more when I am on the island in August.

Coach
Man I hope so! It was fairly apparent in the 4th quarter of the Alabama game that Hawaii had more gas in the tank than Bama did.
With all due respect - it wasn't the pads. Alabama mailed in the 4th quarter in most of the games that year - Poor conditioning and a substandard work ethic that was tolerated by too many of the coaches except for Joe Kines.

UH -Florida should be interesting. On paper, it doesn't look all that competitive, but you don't play the games on paper. I agree with Coach - turnovers, penalties and the running game are key, but in an opening game there's also the preparation factor. Florida can't be real sure what to expect facing a new coach and a new system. Reminds me a little of the first game at Alabama when I was a student. We faced USC and they prepped for a pro style offense. Only problem was we had switched to the wishbone. By the time SC adjusted it was too late. If UH can keep the Florida D on their heels, keep the ball away from Tebow and defensively play opportunistically, this could be good. Lots of "ifs" but what else can we do in July???
ROLL TIDE - GO WARRIORS - ALL BLACKS

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

GREAT POST COACH KEN and everyone else! Yes, I believe the Warrior defense will be the best ever; and we will shock the world by beating Florida (pre-season #1 by Phil Steele & Athlon Sports) 21-17! The best offense is a great defense; we will keep Tebow & Co. off the field with our great defense. We WILL win the turnover battle! WE STILL BELIEVE!
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

bigislandkurt wrote:Wow! A Ken Sighting! Must be getting close to the season!

Good analysis. I think our blowout lost to UGA will be our greatest blessing going in to the swamp. Back to Back SEC foes. Hawaii Bradduh's just gonna need to man up an not be bullied. Set the tone fast. Don't get bullied and don't ever ever give up.

BIK
They are going to have to find that inner Wild Warrior whose not fazed by anyone and bring him to the game for four quarters playing disciplined, smart football.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”