Any word on he walking on at UH?

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

grindz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Chase Nakamura

Post by grindz »

at first I thought you were talking about the Cincinatti free safety, but his name was haruki Nakamura and hes gone and will not be playing against Hawaii next year.

Chase Nakamura is the Baldwin wide receiver right?

senorhayabusa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by senorhayabusa »

Someone said that he was gonna go to Maui CC and then choose between UH and Utah.

Hope he becomes a Warrior.

I wonder what happened to that other tall local receiver, forget his name though.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

senorhayabusa wrote:Someone said that he was gonna go to Maui CC and then choose between UH and Utah.

Hope he becomes a Warrior.

I wonder what happened to that other tall local receiver, forget his name though.
I think you're talking about 6-1 WR from Kaiser HS, Kalua Noa. Don't know what happened to him.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

Although many tried talking him out of it, Kalua planned on going to Mt. Sac or Grossmont next year. This morning (Wed), he got an offer from Portland State. He plans on taking it, unless Ron and Rich can talk him out of it. UH wants him badly but they needed some experienced WR's with all the guys leaving, so there was no scholarship. I thought it would put him in a great position. The WR's they brought in will be gone in two years. If he did a redshirt he'd have 3 years eligibity after they are gone, a greyshirt, he'd still have four. But hey, logic doesnt usually enter the mind of a 17 year old, so unless a miracle happens, he's headed to Glanville country.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Thanks Doris. Any info on Chase Nakamura plans?

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

sorry, nothing I can confirm to this point.

crackers
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by crackers »

i personally cant blame kalua for going to portland state. he will get a great education and have a chance to play early. i think this is a good choice. a walk on means nothing.... scholarship means free education!!!!! isnt that what it is all about?

as far as chase nakamura goes, i think he waited too long to decide on his choice of schools. i think that with the new age of offering early by colleges, the student athletes need to make up their minds earlier too. example... chase was offered by utah and weber state. NOW are those offers still valid now? prob. not.

look at a kid like dalton hilliard. nd, colorado, nebraska etc. offered, but they have offered so many kids already.... not much more room.

the days of waiting are over..

my prediction... the young man stutzman from st. louis has been offered by wassu, UH, boise, and oregon state. i say he commits early to UH. these schools are compairable to UH both academically and athletically!!!!!

Notre Dame, Oregon and USC would have offered already if he was the first choice!

i dont think kids can wait any longer....if you look at the offers out, the first to commit is the first to get the scholarships>>>

my opinion only, would love to hear comments.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

crackers wrote:i personally cant blame kalua for going to portland state. he will get a great education and have a chance to play early. i think this is a good choice. a walk on means nothing.... scholarship means free education!!!!! isnt that what it is all about?

as far as chase nakamura goes, i think he waited too long to decide on his choice of schools. i think that with the new age of offering early by colleges, the student athletes need to make up their minds earlier too. example... chase was offered by utah and weber state. NOW are those offers still valid now? prob. not.

look at a kid like dalton hilliard. nd, colorado, nebraska etc. offered, but they have offered so many kids already.... not much more room.

my prediction... the young man stutzman from st. louis has been offered by wassu, UH, boise, and oregon state. i say he commits early to UH. these schools are compairable to UH both academically and athletically!!!!!

Notre Dame, Oregon and USC would have offered already if he was the first choice!

i dont think kids can wait any longer....if you look at the offers out, the first to commit is the first to get the scholarships>>>

You have a valid point Crackers. Too many kids think they are so very very special that colleges will wait when the truth is there are only a few the colleges will wait for. Colleges will wait on Manti unless they feel they are not in the mix and have no shot, then will move on. If a school has 3 offers out, yes, the first one who commits wins. But if an athlete commits, ask for an offer letter in writing, and keep all responses via email and writing that the coaches send because if its not in writing it is not binding. Just yesterday I received a call about a young man from HI who got an offer from one of the MWC schools, then a few days later the coach called him and said the other young man they had the offer out to committed (both just finished their junior year), they wanted him to know that they would have to withdraw their offer. Thankfully they did it early but it was a blow to this kid but thats the reality. First come, first served.

They need to take all their visits early, make a decision to go to UH and stick with it!

Harold K. Lee
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Harold K. Lee »

If he is to play Div I ball he needs to put on weight. He must be about 165 lbs on a 6'3'' frame.

jediwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jediwarrior »

PIAA DS wrote:
crackers wrote:i personally cant blame kalua for going to portland state. he will get a great education and have a chance to play early. i think this is a good choice. a walk on means nothing.... scholarship means free education!!!!! isnt that what it is all about?

You have a valid point Crackers. Too many kids think they are so very very special that colleges will wait when the truth is there are only a few the colleges will wait for. Colleges will wait on Manti unless they feel they are not in the mix and have no shot, then will move on. If a school has 3 offers out, yes, the first one who commits wins. But if an athlete commits, ask for an offer letter in writing, and keep all responses via email and writing that the coaches send because if its not in writing it is not binding. Just yesterday I received a call about a young man from HI who got an offer from one of the MWC schools, then a few days later the coach called him and said the other young man they had the offer out to committed (both just finished their junior year), they wanted him to know that they would have to withdraw their offer. Thankfully they did it early but it was a blow to this kid but thats the reality. First come, first served.

They need to take all their visits early, make a decision to go to UH and stick with it!
I remember reading that Oregon State offered like 65 kids scholarships. Of course, this means that 40 of those kids were screwed. They just didn't know it yet.

Didn't this happen to Aaron Kia? He verbally commits to Oregon State, then they tell him they had enough O-linemen commits, so they dump him. Luckily, June Jones broke his fall.

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wainaku »

spoke with my sister who works at Baldwin who spoke with his counselor and it appears he's decidieng between UH and Utah....I imagine at this point both are walk on......soMCC could be a possibility.....Kalua Noa is obviously much faster as seen in the State track meet.

FIVE-O
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Oakland Athletics
NBA: Seattle Supersonics 4life
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by FIVE-O »

Chase Nakamura is planning on attending Palm Springs College Of The Desert.
"YOUR HAMMA MIGHT BE BIG BUT MY SLEDGE HAMMA IZ BIGGAH!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9M ... re=related

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

FIVE-O wrote:Chase Nakamura is planning on attending Palm Springs College Of The Desert.
Isn't that were current UH QB Rauch is from?

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul