**REMINDER - CALL THE COACH - TONIGHT - 6:30 PM @ WILLOWS**

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
FlyinManatee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

**REMINDER - CALL THE COACH - TONIGHT - 6:30 PM @ WILLOWS**

Post by FlyinManatee »

The next "Call the Coach" show with Greg McMackin, presented by Audi of Hawaii, is set for Monday, April 21, 2008 at The Willows. The show will begin at 6:30 p.m. Come on down to The Willows and meet Coach Mack, win fabulous prizes and enjoy a delicious all-you-can-eat heavy pupu buffet ($20). Get all the scoops on spring practice and the upcoming Football Ohana Festival at Aloha Stadium. See you there!

Great prizes last time. Mack promised even better this time!!!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: **REMINDER - CALL THE COACH - TONIGHT - 6:30 PM @ WILLOWS**

Post by uhwarrior23 »

I almost forgot. Thanks for the reminder. :)

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I heard Mack is bring all kinds of Nike Wear to "GIVE AWAY"

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Great summary of the show by Dave Reardon:

http://blogs.starbulletin.com/uhsportse ... the-coach/

FlyinManatee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

CALL THE COACH - 04/21- SUMMARY COMMENTS

Post by FlyinManatee »

uhwarriors wrote:Great summary of the show by Dave Reardon:

So pumped up, after hearing Coach Mac tonight!!! Couple additional comments from me:

-Mack said he would put money on the fact that Mana Silva will be a starter at Strong Safety (I don't know whether Mack meant this year or down the road. My guess is down the road???).
-Brashton Satele is pushing Sol Elimimian at MLB this year. Brashton WILL play in the NFL. RJ Kiesel-Kauhane will be a major contributor as well.
-Inoke and Tyler are pushing each other, neck and neck.
-Calvin Roberts is now the starting corner on one side (opposite Ryan Mouton). Jameel Dowling has been very impressive in Spring as well.
-Mack spoke indirectly about incoming JC wide receiver Javonte Taylor. Runs a 4.2 40 yard dash, 10.1 100 meters.
-Mack's going to give Aaron Bain a scholarship, once one frees up. Bain is the starter at one slot.
-John Fonoti and David Veikune are BETTER DEs than the 2 first round draft picks Mack had at U of Miami. Kenard Lang is one. He didn't say who the other was (that one's for Tico :D).
-DEs Fonoti and Veikune will play most of the game. No rotation like last year. However, the DTs will rotate.
-Mack said he wanted Tebow to know that he does not think he's a "system QB". It was JJ who said that. :) . That got a huge chuckle from the crowd.
-Mack wants to see 30,000 at the Ohana Festival this Saturday.
-They are holding an "Letterman's Event" at UH this Thursday from 6-9 pm. ALL former players invited. Call the football office for more info.
BigWave96744 wrote:I heard Mack is bring all kinds of Nike Wear to "GIVE AWAY"
Speaking of giveaways . . .
Multiple Nike jackets and windbreakers, multiple autographed footballs, UH bags, umbrellas, AND . . . 2 full size UH Helmets signed by Coach McMackin! 1 Silver and 1 Green!!! \:D/

It's worth it to go, just for a chance to win the helmets I think!!!

If you didn't like Mack enough before . . .
-He went around the room before the show and shook hands with everyone. He stuck around afterwards and did the same. Of course if you've been to any events, you'd know he does this EVERYWHERE and is the sincerest guy you've ever met.

-He saw a kid in the audience in the middle of the show (I don't know if he knew him) and he gave him a free UH shirt.

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wainaku »

two guys who came together won the helmets, one after the other.....coach Mac was very gracious with the crowd before and after the radio show, working the room......avery humble person.....just makes you want to see him succeed and support him......bigger crowd than last time.....food was pretty good for $20 including tax and tip......

senorhayabusa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by senorhayabusa »

Thanks Guys for the summary of Call the Coach.

Great stuff!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I only hope that all the Negative folks heard the show....
JJ was great in pumping up the program, but sometimes overused the phrase"He's going to play on Sundays"..
Coach Mack seems really sincere about everything he said...

I liked when Bobby asked Mack if he every played at the Swamp when he coached at Miami.
Coach said, "They didn't want any part of us... We used to kick their behind"
Then Coach would chuckle and say he was only joking..

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

wait, the most important question.....

what was the food lineup?
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

It cracked me up when Coach Mack said that June made that comment about Tebow not being a natural passer. He said that was June, no me. I don't feel that way, lol.
After listening to this show, I came away w/ the feeling that the connection w/ the UH coach and the Hawaii community is at an all time high. I don't know what the previous record for attendance is but I wouldn't be suprised if the record is broken in '08.

Bully808
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Da Flyin Hawaiian Phillie
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: NY Jets

Post by Bully808 »

uhwarriors wrote:Great summary of the show by Dave Reardon:

Thanx for the update good stuff...... :footballhelmet:

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

Mack says "the strength of our team is the offensive line. Everyone thought they messed up in the Sugar Bowl, but they really didn’t."

Really? He really believes they are the STRENGTH of the team? Our success rides on whether or not they do a good job. I firmly believe that. But it seems to me that they have been our biggest concern so far this Spring.

They've had some injuries, but I don't sense any indication that our O-line is going to be strong this season. And if they're not, then this team is gonna have a completely terrible year offensively.

I'm glad Mack hired Gerke. Because I'm worried about Brian Smith. He may have RnS experience, and with Coach Cav, but that doesn't mean he's a good OL coach. I'm worried that he was the OL coach for Mouse at Portland State last year, where they couldn't protect the QB playing under center. Same stuff that seems to be happening in practice this Spring.

And I think it's ridiculous there are so many bobbled under center exchanges. One of the simplest things in football!!! That's the center, the QB, the coaching... whatever it is, I can't believe they bobble so many after nearly an entire Spring practicing it. All of these players did it before they came to UH. What is the problem?
^_^

NelsonO
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NFL: Dallas

We are going to attack

Post by NelsonO »

Coach McMackin said they are going to hire a recruiting coordinator. They already have a job description and they hope to hire someone this summer.