UH Recruit Hanohano in trouble for egging houses

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Recruit Hanohano in trouble for egging houses

Post by poidog »

MackAttack808 wrote:Good thing this incident didnt happen in waianae the outcome woulda been worse lol.
it wouldn't happen in waianae because those kids have more respect.

someone had to say it.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

poidog wrote:
MackAttack808 wrote:Good thing this incident didnt happen in waianae the outcome woulda been worse lol.
it wouldn't happen in waianae because those kids have more respect.

someone had to say it.
Having worked with the DOE in Waianae, JMHO but the Waianae kids not only have more respect...they also have more fear of adults 'cuz they know that live in a tight-knit community where word would get back to the victims such that the kids know that they wouldn't get away with it...AND what might happen to them (NOT through the legal system) WHEN (not if) they are caught.

There's very little evidence of tagging on Waianae HS or Nanakuli HS campuses, and I feel safe walking around on-campus even though security is not real tight. However, I cannot make the same statement for some other Leeward high school campuses...requiring them to have strict on-campus security policies. JMHO but the kids in Waianae and Nanakuli get a bad rap, 'cuz it's mostly the young adults doing most of the damage out in those areas.

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

From what I just heard from a very reliable source, Geordon tested NEGATIVE for alcohol, he voluntarily took the test, no questions asked. I belive its very irresponsible journalism to have put his name out there, he's 17 years old. I also belive its terrible that everyone assumes guilty until proven innocent. Let any of us who have never done anything stupid as a teenager cast the first stone. Because many of us surely be stoned to death for the stupid things we did as teenagers. Cant we hold off judgement on this young man, who has never ever been in trouble before, not assume he and the others have a history of terrorizing the neighborhood with eggs. If they did it, fine - have them pay a fine, do community service, let them go scrub the houses and wash the cars of every house in Lanikai, let them pick up trash but for goodness sake, they didnt kill anyone, they were (allegedly) doing drive by egging, not drive by shooting.

Another question....why when a kid in Waimanalo kills someone while speeding/dui, did his name/school and sport not get in the paper? When 6 boys beat up a kid in the park in Hawaii Kai so badly he had to go to the hospital, why was nothing in the paper about the Thugs from Kaiser? Why is it just Saint Louis that gets ID'd? Most of the other boards/blogs are making it seem like all kids at Saint Louis are thugs. So since Barak Obama smoked pot and did cocaine while in H.S. , does that mean all Punahou kids are druggies? This generalization, going on now going on in the papers and blogs, of Saint Louis boys is ridiculous, more go on to be great citizens, doctors, laywers, cops, firemen, productive people than not.

Pisa, Davone and Colt all had one time incidents
And you know this how? Maybe they were only caught once. Thats all it takes.

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

thanks Doris...another reminder that the media sources are spicing up the story to make a sale. you can't trust the liberal media in Hawaii...nor can you trust Obama, the druggie from Punahou.

Pocho
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pocho »

PIAA D5,

Let him pay for what he's done, being 17 years old does not make an excuse. And because we may have done bad things ourselves in the past does not make light of this.

and... as you say no one got killed, but they could've have been killed because they picked on the wrong guy who was terribly upset on all the egg throwing/vandalism in the past. Maybe Jervis didn't mean to do what he did and they could have gotten into a bigger accident. So, you can't stay this is not so bad stuff. These are the kinds of things that could lead to a killing in certain neighborhoods.

So, they picked on the rich, I wonder why they don't do it to their peers in Makaha, Ewa, Waipahu, Kalihi, etc.

just my 2 cent rant for the day.

bob
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bob »

PIAA DS wrote:Another question....why when a kid in Waimanalo kills someone while speeding/dui, did his name/school and sport not get in the paper? When 6 boys beat up a kid in the park in Hawaii Kai so badly he had to go to the hospital, why was nothing in the paper about the Thugs from Kaiser? Why is it just Saint Louis that gets ID'd? Most of the other boards/blogs are making it seem like all kids at Saint Louis are thugs. So since Barak Obama smoked pot and did cocaine while in H.S. , does that mean all Punahou kids are druggies? This generalization, going on now going on in the papers and blogs, of Saint Louis boys is ridiculous, more go on to be great citizens, doctors, laywers, cops, firemen, productive people than not.
Because this is a story with some sensationalism behind it. The Waimanalo incident probably wasn't reported because people die from drunk drivers all the time, the Hawaii Kai incident wasn't reported because people get beaten up and sent to the hospital all the time. It is not all the time that an ex-Bishop Estate trustee chases down and crashes his car into a bunch of kids. I haven't been scouring the papers for this story, but I have read a couple Advertiser articles and hardly see these kids being portrayed as representitive of the whole St. Louis student body. St. Louis is a good school, and all schools have their pranksters and their punks. Some of those punks grow up to be lawyers, some mothers, some football players.

There should be some judgment here, on Hanohano's behalf and his friends. When someone's old enough to know better, welcome to the real world. You can't get away with egging peoples houses. Tough poop. Don't get me wrong, I tend to think he'll recover from this and he'll go on to have a wonderful collegiate career at UH. He'll rightfully take some heat for a couple weeks, though.
Last edited by bob on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pocho
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pocho »

Its not only sensationalism, but you'll notice that anything bad done by Catholics as a whole is big news.

Even Bill Clinton was not kicked out of the President Office for the Monica debacle. Bill Clinton a Catholic, NO! The Pope would have made him resign for sure

edit: from what I heard/read, the eggs were not in the boys vehicle but on the street. Maybe it wasn't them who threw the eggs? maybe they threw in the street to claim it was not them? This should be interesting
Last edited by Pocho on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

When all is said and done, something tells me that bradduh Hanohano will be facing some not-so-good news. He could have been a prime instigator or just an "innocent" driver. It doesn't matter. He was present at the scene. Let's say that he was "just" the driver in a drive by shooting? He would be prosecuted with everyone else in the car. Now as for drive by eggings, I can't say that I understand the law. Does it matter if it was a fresh or rotten egg? What if it was a balut? Would tossing a balut (egg in a more solid form) be more harmful that tossing a fresh (mainly liquid) egg? Hmmmmmmmm.

All of this is crazy. Man I wish Spring ball was here already.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

As you noticed, I didnt defend what (allegedly) took place. I keep saying allegedly because everyone is innocent till proven guilty.

I dont defend any of this, but Im staying kids do stupid things all the time. Not saying its right. Some get caught some dont. What we did as kids is not acceptable today. When my brother got caught egging and toilet papering houses back in 1969, he was brought home in a police car, dragged into the house by the coller of his shirt and handed over to my dad. Last time he ever did something that stupid. Right now we have people wanting to hang these boys. Just too many over the top accusations coming out of this and until a full investigation is done, none of us should be saying a damned thing because all the facts are not out there. I sure dont know them, do any of you? Lets all wait and see before we pass judgement and ask for his scholarship and his head on a platter.

bob
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bob »

bigislandkurt wrote:Now as for drive by eggings, I can't say that I understand the law. Does it matter if it was a fresh or rotten egg? What if it was a balut? Would tossing a balut (egg in a more solid form) be more harmful that tossing a fresh (mainly liquid) egg? Hmmmmmmmm.

All of this is crazy. Man I wish Spring ball was here already.

BIK
All good questions. Another thing, what if he missed hitting anything, but instead hit the front lawn or even a sidewalk out in front of the house? If the yolk didn't hit, you must acquit!

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

Bob said:
If the yolk didn't hit, you must acquit!
That was good! Made my day! :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Pocho
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Pocho »

BIK.

we gotta wait for the facts to come out as PIAA D5 suggests. No one did anything until proven guilty. We may hear what happens to Jervis guilty or not but as far as the 17 year olds maybe not.

Do not rush to judgement as all of this may come out to be as a fender bender.

edit:
eh, the cops betta impound the alleged kids vehicle and search for egg DNA. did they take swabs of the kids palms and fingers to check for egg DNA?

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wainaku »

in response to Doris"s comment about this story being prejudiced against St. Lous...the fact is that when you are one of the top football programs in the state and your athletes get in trouble, it makes bigger news......just like being a school teacher, if you get caught doing/selling drugs, it's headlines and the 6 o'clock news as compared to a blue collar worker who would appear in the back pages of the paper.....and as another poster stated, because it was Jervis involved, the story became more sensational........unfair, yes.....

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

there's alot of speculation going on. we don't know for sure Hanohano was driving or that he was drunk or was drinking alcohol at all. there's alot of talk going on, and we just don't know

lots of opinions and thought being put out. i don't mind it or necessarily think it a bad thing. thats what blogs and web sites are for.

one thing i have come to realize it that times have changed. the world i grew up in as a teenager is not the same world i live in now. as a teen i did some stupid stuff, im lucky i never got caught. Im also glad im not a teen now. throwing eggs at someones house, while stupid and inconsiderate, in my opinion is not the same as beating someone up or breaking someones car window, etc.

i agree that the kids involved should get punished. what punishment is up for debate. i doubt the kids involved will ever do it again, and they should be help accountable.

Unless it is found that Hanahano was drunk and driving drunk, i dont think egging someones house necessitates him losing his scholie. I have no doubt that coach mac will make it crystal clear that the UH football players are held to a higher standard and any foolishness that could embarrass the Universitey will be not be tolerated.

until we get all the facts, im not willing to even talk about ruining a teens future career for possibly throwing eggs.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

bob wrote: All good questions. Another thing, what if he missed hitting anything, but instead hit the front lawn or even a sidewalk out in front of the house? If the yolk didn't hit, you must acquit!
Holy Balut Butter Batman! That was some funnnnneeeee sheeyit!

BIK :lol: :lol:
Friendship is Essential to the Soul