Just thinking of ways to get more fans to stadium.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
fuzzylogic
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Just thinking of ways to get more fans to stadium.

Post by fuzzylogic »

Please read this and any comments appreciated.

Do you think this is possible for UH home games to get more people into the stands? Got this from Cincinnati Bearcat's (UH plays them this year) site. Probably too late for this year but maybe for the future. Hopefully new AD has his own ideas.

http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-foo ... 08aaa.html
Bring a Group to the Game and Share the Fun

Bearcats Football games are great ways to share time with friends and family

Click here to find out more!

March 6, 2008

Looking for a great way to gather a group of friends? The best location for a group outing is a Cincinnati Bearcats football game at Nippert Stadium. The 2008 Bearcats promise to be explosive all season long and the University of Cincinnati wants your group to be a part of the action. Bearcats football games are perfect for entertaining clients, corporate outings, alumni gatherings, family reunions, church groups, fundraising opportunities, and many other organizations. Plus, all groups are able to take advantage of the many activities Bearcats football games offer!

2008 Group Outing Benefits:

* Entire group seated together based on your preferences (subject to availability)
* Access to a discounted ticket price
* Group recognition on the CATSVISION Videoboard
* Bearcats merchandise for group leaders
* Potential to receive additional group benefits

Group packages can be specialized to fit the specific needs of any group.

Opportunities for in-game group recognition are also available.

These special group rates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability. For more information, please call 1-877-CATSTIX .

Youth Organizations

Whether your team or organization would like to take a tour of the Bearcats athletics facilities, join the team on the field as members of the pre-game tunnel, or participate in a halftime show, a Bearcats football game is a great way to create memories that will last a lifetime.

Fundraising Options

Use a Bearcats football game as a means of turning an amazing experience into a fundraising opportunity for your association! The Bearcats will work with you to maximize your earning potential from a group outing while making sure that your event is a night to remember for everyone involved.

Send A Kid To A Game Fund

In a continued effort to increase community involvement, the Cincinnati Bearcats have created the SEND A KID TO A GAME FUND. The Bearcats will be working in partnership with many charitable organizations around the Greater Cincinnati Area to create opportunities for local underprivileged children to come to Nippert Stadium and experience Bearcats Football! With your help, we can make a difference in Cincinnati. Every dollar donated to the SEND A KID TO A GAME FUND will be matched by the University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics, so please make a donation today! Call for more information.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Just thinking of ways to get more fans to stadium.

Post by poidog »

UH has similar offerings through the marketing dept but like everything else they do not do a good job of getting the word out.

hilo65
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Any team with UH players

Post by hilo65 »

simple. we beat florida and I'm sure 40k+ will show up at Aloha Stadium and growing

jediwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jediwarrior »

The biggest hurdle to increased UH attendance has already been achieved. Idiot Failure was fired.

I think JD will bring da "aloha" back into UH Athletics. This is where it all starts. The reconnecting with the State of Hawaii.

Soooo happy. :D

kinipopo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kinipopo »

jediwarrior wrote:The biggest hurdle to increased UH attendance has already been achieved. Idiot Failure was fired.

I think JD will bring da "aloha" back into UH Athletics. This is where it all starts. The reconnecting with the State of Hawaii.

Soooo happy. :D
the gotta give away more free stuff...and make more parking available somehow (although the area is maxed out already).

crackers
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by crackers »

Gotta fix traffic.

open gates in the morning i.e. NO swapmeet
assigned parking?
promote buses from local bars.. murphy's, east side, etc.

anything else???

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Win and no PPV
ImageImage

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Keep on Winning and people will fill the stadium...with or without pay per view. Pay per view should always be available for us off-Oahu folks.

I got a good feeling that attendance will not be a problem next year.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Ramashack
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Ramashack »

Need to open the parking lot earlier and make it an all day thing. Start some tradition, maybe the band and marching around the parkinglot. How about the team bus parking in front of the stadium and the players and coaches doing a walk thru a fan lined path to the locker rooms. The players and the fans can feed off of eachother.

goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by goBows15 »

Get the swap meet out and let us tailgate earlier (like we did withn 40k plus were coming to every game!).

With regards to PPV, I think they've finally got it priced about right. I paid $330 last year and then went to every home game (plus Vegas and NOLA!). This year no PPV and 4 new season tickets for my wife and I and our boys.

I think attendance will be up next year.
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

Poopsnorkeler
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Poopsnorkeler »

I've got an idea... declare all UH football home games as state holidays, that way more people would be off (including me) and therefore can go to the game!

Ahh well it was just an idea...

pokie
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by pokie »

Maybe the stadium camera can pan the fans after punts or turnover on downs and if your face appears on the screen during 'fancam' or something to that effect you could win a free hot dog and coke or beer. I agree with kinipopo that more free stuff should be given away. The game has to be more interactive for new fans who aren't ardent fans to want to attend the games in person. Or maybe a food prize, t-shirt, or something else could be given at half-time for the fan who brings and holds up the best sign, even if the game isn't televised on national tv. And have fan-based contests during half-time. Kick the ball over the goalposts or something, it's fun to see others make fools of themselves. All in good-jest of course.

GoWarriorsGo
All-conference
All-conference

Post by GoWarriorsGo »

Fix the parking NIGHTMARE

kinipopo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kinipopo »

GoWarriorsGo wrote:Fix the parking NIGHTMARE

Lower prices. But don't get rid of pay per view. It made more casual fans into die hard fans, the effects of which are being felt in increased season tickets and clothing/logo wear sales. It would also penalize the families with small kids who cannot spend an entire day fighting traffic just to get a spot and then expect the kid to last the entire night without a melt down, the husband, wife and 2 kids who will cost the family well over $100 to go to the game and buy food and drinks, the handicapped person at home who finds it difficult to get to the game, etc...

Just raise the price of PPV to match that of a season ticket price, and if need be, make it a little higher, especially for the bars who broadcast the games live. But don't get rid of it.

bleedingreenandblack
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bleedingreenandblack »

WIN GAMES!! Winning fixes everything.
I say POTATO, you're WRONG!!