story tellers

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

story tellers

Post by wainaku »

Solomon Elimimian, Adam Leornard, Jessica Keefe and Jayme Lee will be reading stories at a elemetary school soon. Nice to see them doing these things. I'm purposely not naming the school or date since this is for the kids and not autograpph seekers. I,m a substitute teacher/librarain (retired as a high school teacher) and I'm bigger than all the kids so these athletes will be very imposing to the el kids...anyway good thing that they are doing and felt it was worth a mention.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Re: story tellers

Post by travo66 »

Wow, that's great! I remember when I was in elementary, we had Micheal Carter and Tony Maroni and other UH guys coming to our school. Turn the kids into Warrior fans early! Also, I knew there was a reason Adam Leonard was one of my favorites!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

travo66 wrote:Wow, that's great! I remember when I was in elementary, we had Micheal Carter and Tony Maroni and other UH guys coming to our school. Turn the kids into Warrior fans early! Also, I knew there was a reason Adam Leonard was one of my favorites!
definately. when i was a kid, matthew harding gave me his gloves after a game. after that, i only wanted to play WR. watching scott karl pitch, i only wanted to be a pitcher.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

The football players also visit the PAU (pediatric ambulatory unit) at Kapiolani a lot. This is where children get their cancer check ups and treatment.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"