Ideas to promote Warrior Football

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Ideas to promote Warrior Football

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

how about a new credit card just to promote Warrior Football?

A card that proudly shows off the H-logo & says "I support Warrior Football", etc. where a percentage just goes to the facilities or football program?
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Ideas to promote Warrior Football

Discounted or free tickets to our visiting tourists in town on gamedays (maybe free bus also?) so that they can be converted Warrior fans/supporters someday? Hoping to snag a big name celebrity or millionaire; lol.

Hawkpeter
Starter
Starter

Post by Hawkpeter »

How about livening up the the customs section in the international terminal at Honolulu Airport? Those walls are barren and boring while you're standing there for an hour to go through customs. There's nothing to look at except the second hand on your wrist watch go backwards. Most people on this site have never likely waited in the foreign citizen line there... you're not missing much.

The power of advertising! 2 plasma tv screens... or one projector, playing UH highlights then making note of up coming games... and this could be for any inseason sport, could be very successful. People on holidays will go to just about anything and Warrior football is very spectacular! People come to the Islands from all over the world but they probably have no idea that Hawaiians have a favourite sporting team above all others!

Most people would probably just be thankful that they had something to watch while waiting, could be a great way of developing fans around the Pacific rim. Also, I cant say I've seen much UH merchandise for sale at the airport.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Hawkpeter wrote:How about livening up the the customs section in the international terminal at Honolulu Airport? Those walls are barren and boring while you're standing there for an hour to go through customs. There's nothing to look at except the second hand on your wrist watch go backwards. Most people on this site have never likely waited in the foreign citizen line there... you're not missing much.

The power of advertising! 2 plasma tv screens... or one projector, playing UH highlights then making note of up coming games... and this could be for any inseason sport, could be very successful. People on holidays will go to just about anything and Warrior football is very spectacular! People come to the Islands from all over the world but they probably have no idea that Hawaiians have a favourite sporting team above all others!

Most people would probably just be thankful that they had something to watch while waiting, could be a great way of developing fans around the Pacific rim. Also, I cant say I've seen much UH merchandise for sale at the airport.
That's an awesome idea! We could pick up some major fans that way, I think! My girlfriend and her roommate are both from Japan and they didn't care for or know anything about football. But when I showed them Warrior football live, they instantly fell in love with the sport and are diehard fans! (well, as diehard as you can get in two years, but they already know most of the names and numbers and get really excited when they see one of them around campus. we had front row seats in the student section and painted our faces almost every game.) So I mean, if this happens to other people, especially like what tom said, we might be able to pick up some rich fans that would love to donate. Also, wasn't JJ and Pat Hill talking about playing a game in Japan? Still waiting for that one...
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

mainlandkid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by mainlandkid »

travo66 wrote:
Hawkpeter wrote:How about livening up the the customs section in the international terminal at Honolulu Airport? Those walls are barren and boring while you're standing there for an hour to go through customs. There's nothing to look at except the second hand on your wrist watch go backwards. Most people on this site have never likely waited in the foreign citizen line there... you're not missing much.

That's an awesome idea! We could pick up some major fans that way, I think! My girlfriend and her roommate are both from Japan and they didn't care for or know anything about football. But when I showed them Warrior football live, they instantly fell in love with the sport and are diehard fans! (well, as diehard as you can get in two years, but they already know most of the names and numbers and get really excited when they see one of them around campus. we had front row seats in the student section and painted our faces almost every game.) So I mean, if this happens to other people, especially like what tom said, we might be able to pick up some rich fans that would love to donate. Also, wasn't JJ and Pat Hill talking about playing a game in Japan? Still waiting for that one...
Dude that would be awsome to play in Japan....

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Ditto! Tapping the Japanese market would be huge; we should televise all Warrior home games live in Japan (7pm Hawaii time is 10am Japan time the next day, I think).

Yes, like Travo said, we Japanese people can get real emotional & crazy (hell; we would go naked and paint our whole bodies green; lol; joke) and sell out Aloha stadium every game!

travo66
Starter
Starter

Post by travo66 »

7pm Hawaii time is 2 pm Japan time the next day, so still watchable!

fuzzylogic
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fuzzylogic »

I like this topic and all the previous comments.

I thought I would throw this article from the Star-Bulletin today that gives money to the State Land Department for special designed license plates. Check out the SB link as it shows how the new plate would look for the Land Department.

I would change my license plate to something with a big H on it--assuming it could be done for the state's only collegiate football team and champions--with money going to either UH football or at least UH Athletic Department.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/02/15/news/story11.html

COURTESY DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
The state Land Department unveiled yesterday new vehicle license plates developed by its Division of Forestry and Wildlife to support native and endangered species programs.

License plates champion species
The Land Department develops car tags to boost the endangered
By Rosemarie Bernardo
rbernardo@starbulletin.com
Individuals can help support the state's efforts to restore and protect Hawaii's threatened and endangered species by purchasing new specialty license plates developed by the Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife.

The plates, which feature an emblem of an iiwi (Hawaiian honeycreeper), ohia lehua blossoms and the phrase "Protect our Native Species," are now available at all county motor vehicle licensing locations statewide.

Each license plate costs $30.50, which includes a replacement fee and registration emblem replacement fee. The Division of Forestry and Wildlife will receive $20 from each plate sold.

Annual vehicle registration renewal will cost an additional $25 for the license plate on top of the basic renewal cost; $20 of the renewal cost will again go to the Forestry Division, officials said in a news release.

Proceeds will go toward projects that will help restore habitats and species, said Paul Conry, administrator of the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, yesterday at a news briefing. Funds can also be used to match grants for federal or private agencies that are interested in making a contribution to the forestry division.

One of the primary points made in a state wildlife action plan that was completed a few years ago was to find a way to generate additional funds to support the need of protecting and restoring threatened species. "This is one good step that we can take in doing that," Conry said.

The Forestry Division manages more than 330 endangered species across the state. Ronald Walker, former Division of Forestry and Wildlife administrator, designed the emblem.

A registered vehicle owner must surrender his existing license plates and bring a current certificate of registration and vehicle inspection certificate to the county motor vehicle agency. An application for the replacement license plate also needs to be completed.

For more information, individuals can call their area county motor vehicle registration agency: Oahu at 532-4325, Kauai at 241-6577, Maui at 270-7363, East Hawaii at 961-8351 and West Hawaii at 327-3543.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

fuzzylogic wrote:I like this topic and all the previous comments.

I thought I would throw this article from the Star-Bulletin today that gives money to the State Land Department for special designed license plates. Check out the SB link as it shows how the new plate would look for the Land Department.

I would change my license plate to something with a big H on it--assuming it could be done for the state's only collegiate football team and champions--with money going to either UH football or at least UH Athletic Department.

Koa Anuenue is doing the license plate decal. I've already done it. See link for details:
http://www.koaanuenue.org/decal.shtml

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

can the State get rid of that rainbow?

And add the words "Warrior Football" above & below the H logo; put "Warrior" above the H and "Football" below the H.

Let's make this license plate specific for "Warrior Football".

travo66
Starter
Starter

Post by travo66 »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:can the State get rid of that rainbow?

And add the words "Warrior Football" above & below the H logo; put "Warrior" above the H and "Football" below the H.

Let's make this license plate specific for "Warrior Football".
I don't think the state would get rid of the rainbow cause that's our license plate picture. I can't really imaging anything else on a Hawaii license plate other than a rainbow to tell you the truth...and I wouldn't want just a boring "Hawaii" on our plates like...I think California? Not sure on what plate, but some states just have the name and that's it.

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

My favorite motto on a license plate is New Hampshire's:

"Live Free or Die!"

fuzzylogic
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by fuzzylogic »

uhwarriors wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:I like this topic and all the previous comments.

Koa Anuenue is doing the license plate decal. I've already done it. See link for details:
http://www.koaanuenue.org/decal.shtml

Thank you uhwarriors!

I went to the Koa Anuenue site and got most of my answers. But is this available to anyone or only to Koa Anuenue members?

Also, I went to a link on the Koa Anuenue site and got more information from the Honolulu C&C site. Interesting since every year that you renew your vehicle registration you are donating another $20 a year. I know it goes to the UH Athletic fund and not just football which is fine.

http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/csd/vehicle/mvdecal.htm
The non-profit will receive $20.00 of the $30.50 paid to participate in the organization license plate/decal program. Each year when you renew your vehicle registration, you will be charged an additional $25.00 of which $20.00 will again go to support the non-profit of your choice.

Germ
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Germ »

One note about the license plate thing (this was discussed before...I don't remember if it was this board of the other one)...the organization (NaKoa or AKA or whoever) needs to get a critical number of people to do this in order for it to be "profitable". Other non-profits have tried this and "lost money" because they couldn't get enough people to do it.

The rainbow in the background is actually kind of funny, considering the way that some UH fans feel about rainbows....

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

i think the time of the rainbow on our car plates has come & gone.

rainbows are best seen in person or in a photo, period.

lets put something like this back on it:

JMO :roll: :-?