Any News on a New AD?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808ToFeR
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Any News on a New AD?

Post by 808ToFeR »

I know some of you have inside information.. :)

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Any News on a New AD?

Post by wainaku »

I don't have inside info and not knowing who the candidates are, I kinda like Clapp ....at the last basketball game, he's shaking all of the players hands as they left the court and he appears more "normal" than HF.....the inside info I did get is that HF couldn't go outside and raise the big bucks......he balanced the budget by not spending any money...including buying soap......the key for the new AD is the ability to raiselarge sums from the big business community

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Rockne Freitas might be in cahoots with folks in the Lingle Administration. Although the legislature appropriated monies for new Hawaii Community College Campuses, they have yet to see the entire sum released. Apparently, There are things in the provisions that lingle and her folks are not cool with. HCC hired Freitas as Chancellor to oversee the development of these new campuses; based on the job he did while at Kamehameha schools in building new campuses on Maui and our Island. In typical Freitas-esque moves, Rockne did his thing with the private development folks on the Kona side in what (according to the Lingle folks) appear to be a move to benefit the Hilo side. I know, it's kind of crazy. These monies are now set to expire as they have not been released or used. Politics has reared its ugly head and in the end, Hawaii CC students will continue functioning in their run-down Hilo campus and small West Hawaii learning Center.

So long as Lingle is the Governor, it would appear to be in UH's best interest to stay as far away from RF as they can. No monies for facilities would ever be released.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Famous22
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Famous22 »

BIK-Not sure if RF is real tight with the Lingle admin. There are some interesting theories on how he got the HCC gig, but it had nothing to do with KS campuses developed on Maui and Hawaii. He was not involved. I'd be surprised to see him become AD.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Amemiya, Donovan, Wagner file applications for AD

LINK: http://starbulletin.com/blogs/uhsportse ... d/#respond
By Dave Reardon
Posted On: February 14th, 2008 7:21PM

As expected, Keith Amemiya filed today to be a candidate for UH athletic director. He is executive director of the Hawaii High School Athletic Association.

Also as expected, Jim Donovan filed (yesterday). As most of you know, Donovan was associate AD under Hugh Yoshida and is now executive director of the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl.

Updating at 7:35 p.m., Bob Wagner just called back. He also, as expected, has applied. He is athletic director at Kamehameha-Hawaii and a former UH football coach.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wags was on OC16 the other night watching the Kam-BI D1 Boys beat Kalaheo in the first round of the BBall Tournament.
Coach looked really old.... I almost didn't recognize him

KonaWarrior
Starter
Starter

Post by KonaWarrior »

So does this mean that Dick Tomey has not put in an application?

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Wags was on OC16 the other night watching the Kam-BI D1 Boys beat Kalaheo in the first round of the BBall Tournament.
Coach looked really old.... I almost didn't recognize him
I thought the same thing when I saw him at the SSC to be enshrined into the Circle of Honor last week. You mean you weren't there, BigWave?