CBS sportsline predicts Hawaii in ROSE BOWL!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

The prestigious Rose Bowl..now that'd be something..hey, if ESPN is calling this the year of the upsets, what would be more fitting than seeing Hawaii in the Rose Bowl by the end of the year?... :lol:

HawaiianStyle
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by HawaiianStyle »

flipen wrote:The prestigious Rose Bowl..now that'd be something..hey, if ESPN is calling this the year of the upsets, what would be more fitting than seeing Hawaii in the Rose Bowl by the end of the year?... :lol:
Ohhh that would be sweet.
"Oh no you'll never find another people like us"
-Braddah Iz

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

i think it be smart to take hawaii in the rose bowl..not only the fan will go there plus alot of ppl live in the west coast is from hawaii

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

beegpk wrote:I have already watched two games where we were one play from being in the Hawaii bowl --- maybe we should stop talking about the BCS for awhile
dude, be realistic. there's a legit shot at this and if it comes to be, we as fans need to have travel plans ready "just in case". if it happens, it happens. if not, then oh well. but either way we "as fans" need to be ready just in case. book a day or two late and your airfare could double.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I'm there!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

beegpk wrote:I have already watched two games where we were one play from being in the Hawaii bowl --- maybe we should stop talking about the BCS for awhile
I'll go to either bowl. No matter what!

mainlandkid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by mainlandkid »

rose, suger, or festia....either one would work for me.... :-

bodai808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by bodai808 »

If Hawai'i goes to the Rose Bowl, can you imagine the Rose Parade!!!! We should bring Pa'u units, and some marching bands playing Iz, just thought that would be pretty cool.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

poidog wrote:
dude, be realistic. there's a legit shot at this and if it comes to be, we as fans need to have travel plans ready "just in case". if it happens, it happens. if not, then oh well. but either way we "as fans" need to be ready just in case. book a day or two late and your airfare could double.
ok we might play our way into the BCS --- but forget about the Rose Bowl --- it ain't going to happen

nonkiboy
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by nonkiboy »

Hmm... interesting...

Right now the way the big wigs are talking about... or not talking about the Warriors... likely they'll skew the polls just enough to keep 'em out of BCS.

Otherwise, if they go Rose... I'll be in Cali and I'll be there...

Would be cool if they played Texas Tech in another bowl game and then Colt can prove to the doubters that he's better than whoever that QB is on the Texas Tech team.

grindz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by grindz »

for some reason I thought the Rose bowl was always Big ten vs Pac-10.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

grindz wrote:for some reason I thought the Rose bowl was always Big ten vs Pac-10.
way back in time it wasn't --- in modern history it has been, except during the BCS Championship Year when they got the game --- right now, I don't know how they have it --- I am too lazy right now to do the web search

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

I don't think it'll happen fellas. The grand daddy of 'em all?? Hawaii? As much as I would fricken love to see our guys there, the Rose Bowl guys won't do it. This college season would have to be turned upside down and turned around many times until they figure on Hawaii.

bottom like fellas....ain't gonna happen anyway unless we go 12-0. Let's get there first huh? Oh yea....and enjoy the ride too. I
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

nonkiboy
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by nonkiboy »

FYI, on a recent article in ESPN.com, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=iform077, it states...
What's worse for the white-suited traditionalists who reside in Pasadena: For the fifth time in seven seasons, it looks as though the Big Ten and Pac-10 will not play each other in the Rose Bowl.
So it's not always Big 10 vs Pac 10.

auloa
Starter
Starter

rose bowlers

Post by auloa »

If it happens, I might even have to try and make it. I love our chances against Cal, if they make it. Or wouldn't it be sweet if we get the chance, and our r&s keeps pace, but manages to out score them?