2008 UH FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

BigDawgs81 wrote:Hi Bulla! Thanks, the only reason I asked 'cause I go on the Stephen Tsai Blogs....and I saw you mention him....You're HIIIIIILARIOUS :lol: Bulla, you should be a SPORTS COMMENTATOR! Yah! you're that good....lol lol... :lol: :lol: I also saw from an old posts "HAIA commented on Ryan & was actually defending him in another post by the infamous duckslut"....Good job Bulla, Ryan seems like a fine young man, not too mention STRONG! He reminds me of that kid Ana from Saint Louis. Hey Bulla, tell your son keep up the good work. I like to hear stories of the underdog Ahtlete, it warms my heart.
so that's where i saw you, on the TSAIKO blogs...you look better over here, haha. any athlete who is doing well in the class and on the field is a fine young person (boy/girl). funny you mention Ana, that is who Ryan would go up against at practice every day, they are brothers from another mother i think. the one thing that i preach to these student athletes every day, is that to do whatever they do, 'in the spirit of excellence'. be it in class, at home, on the field...if they pursue excellence and their effort is pure to that pursuit, they will have won the battle. never, never, accept anything less than excellence....once you accept mediocrity, you have lost the battle, and the edge to succeed.

i think the class of 2008 across both leagues are going to be AWESOME. from what i saw this year, it's going to be a tough season on both sides of the ball.

thanks for the kind words, ryan is like my science experiment with the cross-fit training program he's on coupled with the protein intake, extended rest periods, and weekly adjustments with an osteopath/masseuse.... we'll see what the end result is. the two best things you can invest in your kids...1) education, 2) time.

have a productive day!!!

bulla
http://www.haia808.org

BigDawgs81
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigDawgs81 »

Hey Bulla- I mentioned Ana 'cause the workout regimen you have Ryan on must be very similar since they're brothers from another mother :lol: ....at the rate Ryan is going he should be breaking records like Ana did at the U.S. Army National Football Combine. I saw a really nice article on him last year sometime. What jersey number does your son wear for Saint Louis? I'll look out for him this coming season. Wish you & Ryan much success this season...on the field & in the classroom :D

Hey Bulla- Are you Samoan? Polynesian? Anything :lol: I'm just flippin out on how strong your son is :o I've noticed that the Generation Now the youth/athletes are built so differently, stronger, agile....well, at least much stronger & agile then our dinosaure days :lol: .
"Do Unto others as you would have them Do Unto you"

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

BigDawgs81 wrote:Hey Bulla- I mentioned Ana 'cause the workout regimen you have Ryan on must be very similar since they're brothers from another mother :lol: ....at the rate Ryan is going he should be breaking records like Ana did at the U.S. Army National Football Combine. I saw a really nice article on him last year sometime. What jersey number does your son wear for Saint Louis? I'll look out for him this coming season. Wish you & Ryan much success this season...on the field & in the classroom :D

Hey Bulla- Are you Samoan? Polynesian? Anything :lol: I'm just flippin out on how strong your son is :o I've noticed that the Generation Now the youth/athletes are built so differently, stronger, agile....well, at least much stronger & agile then our dinosaure days :lol: .
aloha dawg,
just a little hawaiian, i am a warrior, got out in 77 from kapalama heights, and i still miss the hot lunch....ouch. my son is #95, thank you for asking. my son has always been a little 'stronger' than normal, but i attribute his latest strength gains to a new 'cross-fit' training program that i had designed for him. it combines lifting for power and explosiveness with intense cardio....he runs a minimum of 1.5 miles a day when lifting, broken up into 880 yd series.

his agility comes from years of racquetball which developed his eye to hand and his foot speed. his diet is really clean, he's a dork, he loves to eat fresh salads, lots of bananas, and lots of hydration. pre and post workout is key to the muscle rebuilding process.....

all in all, he is like my science project, forget the white mice/hamster, i have a 250 lb. test monkey, so to speak. mahalo for the kind words and thoughts.

a hui hou....

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

wow, i remember like 5-7 years ago, that kid Kamana Kaimikaua was like 4'5" and dominating kids 3 years older than him in bball. He is def. an athlete. Almost every sport he played against competition that was 2-3 years older than him bc he was so skilled, but he was still underdeveloped size-wise. you could tell he was younger than the rest of the kids. I hope UH gets him.

SeaLawyer
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SeaLawyer »

Don't mean to offend anyone here, but how can all these Crusader DL be considered elite DI prospects when they were sitting the bench behind Scott and 'Mona this year?

BigDawgs81

Post by BigDawgs81 »

SeaLawyer- it's called "UP & COMING", that's how GOOOOOOOD Saint Louis's DL is cuz they're good 3-4 deep....not just the front 7 like alot of school's on this Island. Ummmmmm, when other schools in the OIA & ILH don't have a choice buy Play Sophomores & Junior's (CAUSE DATS ALL THEY HAVE), of course you're gonna say they started over the 2nd String DL of Saint Louis......fortunately SAINT LOUIS has SENIORS like Scott & Mona and the rest of them that can PERFORM!

Put it this way Sea-Lawyer, let's just LEAVE it on the Football Field where the BIG BOY'S PLAY! Let's see what the outcome is this coming 2007 football season and who's name is mentioned/called OVER & OVER again! Remember, an Athlete is one who can do the work on the FOOTBALL FIELD & IN THE CLASSROOM!

BigDawgs81

Post by BigDawgs81 »

Sea Lawyer- Who do you consider TOP 2008 PROSPECTS, other than the ones already listed? Share w/a braddah ur Mana'o of the Class of 2008!

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

SeaLawyer wrote:Don't mean to offend anyone here, but how can all these Crusader DL be considered elite DI prospects when they were sitting the bench behind Scott and 'Mona this year?
SealAwyer,

i mentioned the players as DI prospects, i don't know the clarification fro Elite DI or not, i am just talking about DI caliber. sorry for the misunderstanding, but SL Defense last season was one of the tops in the state, statistically proven. last season, our DE's had a memorable season.....because the DT's were controlling the middle, and offensive coordinators had to adjust. it was a collective team effort, and Crusaders did well, but everyone who walks onto that field is a winner in my eyes.

this is going to be a great season coming up, and when the dust settles, we'll all be able to appreciate our athlete's efforts.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

According to Rivals, Soloman Koehler doesn't even have UH in his schools of interest yet.

right now they are Arizona, ASU, BOISE ST, and Colorado.

geez, boise st?

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

At least Haku Corriea has UH on his list.

i know it's early and may not mean much, but still.....

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

tangomike wrote:According to Rivals, Soloman Koehler doesn't even have UH in his schools of interest yet.

geez, boise st?
that could be because they might be feeling a little 'miffed', is that the right word.....by uh.

bottom line is it is going to come down to grades......wish solomon the best, he is a specimen and just needs to work on footwork. he will be standing out this year for Castle.

a hui hou

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

bulla wrote:
tangomike wrote:According to Rivals, Soloman Koehler doesn't even have UH in his schools of interest yet.

geez, boise st?
that could be because they might be feeling a little 'miffed', is that the right word.....by uh.

bottom line is it is going to come down to grades......wish solomon the best, he is a specimen and just needs to work on footwork. he will be standing out this year for Castle.

a hui hou
Bulla,

is there a reason he would feel miffed? From what i've read, he's been offered a schole from UH.

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

WE SHOULD ASK MIKE WASHINGTON TO GET THIS GUY FOR US!!!!

Post by ABUNAI »

JONATHAN BALDWIN IS HIS NAME. CAME FROM THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL AS MIKE. THE SIZE WE NEED FOR A WR. HE IS 6'6'' 225LBS AND RUNS A 4.4 FORTY. I CAN ALWAYS DREAM OF UH GETTING ONE LIKE THIS RIGHT? :hmm:
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: WE SHOULD ASK MIKE WASHINGTON TO GET THIS GUY FOR US!!!!

Post by uhwarrior23 »

ABUNAI wrote:JONATHAN BALDWIN IS HIS NAME. CAME FROM THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL AS MIKE. THE SIZE WE NEED FOR A WR. HE IS 6'6'' 225LBS AND RUNS A 4.4 FORTY. I CAN ALWAYS DREAM OF UH GETTING ONE LIKE THIS RIGHT? :hmm:
Dang! 6'6" 225 lbs and runs 4.4? That's rediculous! :o If that's true hopefully JR can do his magic!

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by ABUNAI »

YEP! WE SHOULD GET JR AND MIKE WASHINGTON TOGETHER TO GET THIS GUY. SAME HIGH SCHOOL AS MIKE. HOPE THEY ARE RELATED OR EVEN FRIENDS. JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT HEIGHT WEIGHT AND SPEED.
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"