Will Colt be back next year if...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Will Colt be back next year if...

Post by Nisei »

we win the rest of our games and he becomes one of the finalists for the Heisman?

:cry:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

IMO, either way he'll be back! Considering all the great things this team can accomplish this season, they'll have the chance to do even more next season! Winning the WAC outright, going to a BCS bowl game and winning the Heisman is not out of the realm of possibility in 2007!
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Considering the other QBs coming out to the NFL, it doesn't benefit him to go pro next year. It would benefit him more to stay 1 more year.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

caboman99
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caboman99 »

l dunno, the thing that bothers me is his age, he's the same age as young and leinart 23, next year, he'll be 24......

EYESeeU
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by EYESeeU »

I think it depends on what the consensus of the thinking of NFL teams and how we finish the year. We lose alot on Offense and D and it won't exactly be the same. I hope the chemistry among the remaining and new players stays the same.If there is a risk that he doesn't do as well or gets hurt....... if the money is big enough , and indicators are good , my guess that he might go. But I sure would like to see if he can get even better(monsta scary) and he win the Heisman and UH goes undefeated. If you going to dream, dream big . Afterall, the receivers will get better too.....right???!!! And the D will be owweeee! We have momentum going here. We got to keep it going . The final games are BIG. And I don't think Glanville will go just yet. He is having too much fun and this is just the beginning. At least one or two more yrs to get the defense going with full momentum.

HawaiiGuerrier
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by HawaiiGuerrier »

I was looking at a list of QBs on the RSN forum. I don't think he will go unless he is like second or third in the Heisman and for sure top ten pick.
Then again remember Leinart.
The other things to think about is how many Not For Long teams are trolling for a QB.
Maybe the Raiders? Vikings?
You guys gotta remember, it depends on what the Not For Long teams are looking for. A couple of backups are getting looks this season, so that could make a diff.
I see him staying for this years Jr. class is weaker than this years Sr. class. Next year he could really rise above the pack.
By then, some NFL QBs might decide to retire or be released. Timing is everything.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I agree with you guys, timing will be important. Also, he mentioned that he wasn't hurting for money, so that isn't an issue. I believe he said something along the lines of, "If something comes up that requires me to have more money, then I'll have to consider it." I know I used quotes, but don't quote me on that.

goodfaith
Starter
Starter

Post by goodfaith »

He'll probably go to some NFL workouts and everyone will question his sidearm throwing motion. Then some will tell him he's skinny and could bulk up some. Both are wrong, but that will be the perception, so he should come back to prove people wrong and improve where he'll get picked. He could come out now and be a 4th or 5th round pick, but so what? If he has another year next year like this year (so far), with everyone watching, he'd be a 1st rounder. Besides he seems to having fun. He might even "owe" it to JJ for giving him the chance. Like Matt, like Colt...

niuwave
Starter
Starter

Post by niuwave »

he won't leave -- i think he feels too indebted to jj and UH, and also is having too much fun.

WarriorFan7
All-conference
All-conference

Post by WarriorFan7 »

he'll probably be back :wink:

heres 2 the team w/ fight
All-conference
All-conference

Post by heres 2 the team w/ fight »

It will only benefit Colt to stay.

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

Would'nt by a matter of a miracle that the Heisman voters lose thier hard-on for BCS schools and Colt wins the heisman... and then he come sback next yr as a heisman leader the whole year and he wins it again that'd would put Hawaii on the map with archie Griffin...

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Nice sig of Brennan CityofWalrus! 8)

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

J-Rod98801 wrote:Nice sig of Brennan CityofWalrus! 8)
thanks man

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

None of this will matter if 1) He gets injured, 2) they lose any one of the remaining games.... I think the hype would die faster than you could blink an eye.....

Gotta keep going out and supporting the team, take care of business, and at the end season, see where we are at.... Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!