scout.com news...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
pinoysolja
Play Maker
Play Maker

scout.com news...

Post by pinoysolja »

interesting recruiting news concerning few recruits...matamua maybe visiting colorado along w/ 3 other local players...aldrige(sp.) thinking about commiting...maybe to oregon?...looks like he visited oregon this past weekend...i dunno all the details...just reading the headlines, im not a member of their premium board...maybe mr. tsai, mr. reardon or maybe some other members has some news for us concerning other recruits...not really excited about our newest recruit...with so many baits left, im still waiting for some bigger fishes in the sea [-o< ...

teampride
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by teampride »

yes he and i believe eselu, malafiso, and some others just returned from oregon all were very impressed and said they were treated like celebrities they all are also goin to colorado soon

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

they should know that, its probably a gimmick so they think thats how they will be treated their whole 4 years. like the movie "The Program" when character donnel jefferson got off the bus the first day of school and asked where all the cheerleaders and band members all pampering to him.........stay in hawaii, u will always get that first class treatment, go away, and play against us, well thats another story.......lol

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Doesn't look like UH has much of a chance.
It was during his visit where the Hawaiian boys met up with a few of the other top prospects out west, like Everson Griffen, Jahvid Best and Api Tuihalamaka. "The game really opened my eyes," Aldrich said of the Ducks' victory over the Huskies at Autzen Stadium. "It was a whole new experience. I've been to a Hawaii game before, but the Oregon game made the UH game look like a high school game."
ImageImage

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Can't really compete with Oregon facilities wise. We all know about their million dollar locker room, offices, and Autzen stadium. There's no doubting the caliber of their fans in that stadium. I guess when you got a multi-billionnaire backing your program, it's not an issue.

I don't think their quality of football has gotten any better though after Harrington left. Sure they beat Oklahoma but Oklahoma isn't doing that well either.

We know it's not their unis cause they got the ugliest unis in all of sports.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

Irse

Post by Irse »

Actually, we will never be able to compete with their facilities and fans. It would be nice if we could. If that is the only thing swaying him, then I wish him well. We have other things to offer but may not be as important to him.
ImageImage

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

i didn't like the part where he says UH is like a high school program. if that's his attitude towards the Warriors, then he should go away because the grass is greener on the other side. good luck to the guy, he's obviously swayed by the glitz and glammer. seeeeee ya.

i'd rather have guys at UH like Vaughn, who have always wanted to play for UH.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Hell Oregon has so much help from Nike..we still haven't gotten anything done with Sam Boyd yet?..The team's success on the field can only do so much...

Irse

Post by Irse »

He didn't say that the UH program was like a hs program, he said the game was like a hs game in comparison. I would tend to agree.
ImageImage

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

mind you

Post by dcwarrior »

tangomike wrote:i didn't like the part where he says UH is like a high school program. if that's his attitude towards the Warriors, then he should go away because the grass is greener on the other side.
Don't forget, Coach Ken himself pointed out that several D 1-aa and DII programs have better facilities than UH.

$65,000 for recruiting.

I don't like that he said it but the truth hurts.
Substance matters.

teampride
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by teampride »

tell me about it the weight room has two stories and looks better than 24 hour fitness, and each individual locker has a tv with an xbox inside thats all linked so they can play before games

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

Irse wrote:Doesn't look like UH has much of a chance.
It was during his visit where the Hawaiian boys met up with a few of the other top prospects out west, like Everson Griffen, Jahvid Best and Api Tuihalamaka. "The game really opened my eyes," Aldrich said of the Ducks' victory over the Huskies at Autzen Stadium. "It was a whole new experience. I've been to a Hawaii game before, but the Oregon game made the UH game look like a high school game."
:( :-?

SeaLawyer
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SeaLawyer »

They can have all of those bells and whistles, but it doesn't seem to help them much. Oregon is still a distant 3rd in the Pac-10 behind USC and Cal.

I would rather put on the green and black of HAWAII and represent the state and its people. Living in HAWAII is far better than being able to goof around on a video game system and working out in a nice gym. I hope the kids see past the fluff and make their decisions accordingly.

Playing for JJ and his staff will give them a better shot at playing in the NFL than at Oregon. Here, they can get stronger under Coach Mel and get tutored by what is basically an NFL staff. Yeah, our facilities don't compare, but the last time I checked, weights are weights. It is heart, coaching, and preparation that wins games and gets you to the NFL.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Let's compare: Recently, how many local boys has Oregon sent to the NFL? How about Washington (recently - not back in the Bern Brotek days).

Hawaii (including try outs and this year's potential draftees):

Manuwai
Chad Owens
Lelie
Hunter
TC (try outs)
Nate Jackson (try out)
Noa
Samson Satele (probable draft or try out)
Esera (same)
L. Peters (same)
Alama-Frances (same)
Uperesa (same)

heres 2 the team w/ fight
All-conference
All-conference

Post by heres 2 the team w/ fight »

If they like go then they should. They will see what they left in a short amount of time. You don't know what you got til its gone. Plus I wouldn't doubt if at least one or two of them end up playing for the Warriors before their eligability is up. Also I don't think they are seeing the coaching staff for what it is. The best collection of coaches in all of Div 1.
Last edited by heres 2 the team w/ fight on Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.