*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Chevan Cordeiro In Transfer Portal

Post by EITSwarrior »

Unfortunate but player transfers happens typically when new coaches and staff come in. Starting QBs usually don't, but who knows the reasons. Not gonna get into that speculation. Anyways, if players and new coaches can't adapt to one another then usually the player will transfer. And with transfer rules easier than ever I would expect more to come. Some to our detriment and possibly some to our benefit with a player coming in. I wish Chevan, Dae Dae and the others who have chosen to leave. I will support whoever replaces them. And I will support the staff as well.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

It is unfortunate when a well-liked local boy leaves the program. But I think there are few overreactions on this thread. We gonna be alright. Good luck to Chevan.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Looks like we’re in rebuilding mode next year. Might not be in a bowl game for couple of years.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

bigislandkurt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:38 pm It is unfortunate when a well-liked local boy leaves the program. But I think there are few overreactions on this thread. We gonna be alright. Good luck to Chevan.
Overreactions?

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1466229855851200513

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 pm Unfortunate but player transfers happens typically when new coaches and staff come in. Starting QBs usually don't, but who knows the reasons. Not gonna get into that speculation. Anyways, if players and new coaches can't adapt to one another then usually the player will transfer. And with transfer rules easier than ever I would expect more to come. Some to our detriment and possibly some to our benefit with a player coming in. I wish Chevan, Dae Dae and the others who have chosen to leave. I will support whoever replaces them. And I will support the staff as well.
https://twitter.com/c_shimabuku/status/1466220027183460358

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:28 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 pm Unfortunate but player transfers happens typically when new coaches and staff come in. Starting QBs usually don't, but who knows the reasons. Not gonna get into that speculation. Anyways, if players and new coaches can't adapt to one another then usually the player will transfer. And with transfer rules easier than ever I would expect more to come. Some to our detriment and possibly some to our benefit with a player coming in. I wish Chevan, Dae Dae and the others who have chosen to leave. I will support whoever replaces them. And I will support the staff as well.
https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1466229855851200513
I listened to the whole thing. We got some of the players and some of the fans side great. I wanna hear from some of the coaches. I want it from all sides of the issue not just the supposed jilted side.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

I wonder if chevan was actually injured this past season or did the coach bench him for some odd reason. Sounds fishy!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm Chevan was never going to excel in this type of offense. Graham needs to get a pro style QB and possibly a second co offensive coordinator in order to make this offense work.

Its hard for Hawaii fans to accept but the Run N Shoot won't come back with Graham so hopefully Graham can find players that are suitable to his style of offense.

I still believe in Todd Graham and I hope for better days ahead.
Chevan was the offense. I don’t care what offense they run but it should fit the players that they already have. I like coach Tods defense but he better be able to recruit an oline that won’t get his Qbs killed. They still haven’t solved that delay linebacker blitzing the A gap. You are going to need ironman to take those hits. They have to rebuild the oline so I don’t see much success early on or maybe through out the season. Hope Chevan lands on a good team somewhere. I will watch his games. I am entering the fan portal.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm
Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm Chevan was never going to excel in this type of offense.
This is a good question, what does success for Chevan looks like? GOAT Colt? Timmy Chang? Cole McDonald? I still can't figure it out.

I thought he was doing well in TG's offense, becoming a legit dual threat QB. I would almost put it with Garrett Gabriel learning the Triple Option. GG was Tomey's pick, not Bob Wagner's

Looking back the season, so 1-2 more wins + Bowl, the story line would be different.
I don't expect big numbers like the Run N Shoot days. However, I never got the feeling that Chevan improved. Good Players are able to improve despite coaching flaws. I never saw improvement.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

I admit I was one that criticized him during the middle of the season when he was struggling with his accuracy but now I’m bummed that he’s transferring. I’m pretty damn sure any of the other MW Coaches would give their left “you know what” to have him on their roster. I’m wondering if he could excel in any of the power conferences like Tua did at Alabama. Maybe with the proper support and coaching who knows? Anyways I wish him the very best wherever he lands.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:00 pm
cabanalane wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm
Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm Chevan was never going to excel in this type of offense.
This is a good question, what does success for Chevan looks like? GOAT Colt? Timmy Chang? Cole McDonald? I still can't figure it out.

I thought he was doing well in TG's offense, becoming a legit dual threat QB. I would almost put it with Garrett Gabriel learning the Triple Option. GG was Tomey's pick, not Bob Wagner's

Looking back the season, so 1-2 more wins + Bowl, the story line would be different.
I don't expect big numbers like the Run N Shoot days. However, I never got the feeling that Chevan improved. Good Players are able to improve despite coaching flaws. I never saw improvement.
Unrealistic to expect a QB to improve his skills on his own without good coaching....yet instead with flawed coaching....especially without a legit QB coach. :roll:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

honu888 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:13 pm I admit I was one that criticized him during the middle of the season when he was struggling with his accuracy but now I’m bummed that he’s transferring. I’m pretty damn sure any of the other MW Coaches would give their left “you know what” to have him on their roster. I’m wondering if he could excel in any of the power conferences like Tua did at Alabama. Maybe with the proper support and coaching who knows? Anyways I wish him the very best wherever he lands.
I wish Chevan well but he’s not as talented a passer that Tua is. He’d have to land in the right situation to be a starter outright.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:35 pm I listened to the whole thing. We got some of the players and some of the fans side great. I wanna hear from some of the coaches. I want it from all sides of the issue not just the supposed jilted side.
LOL don't hold your breath. All you'll get is some generic coach speak from the least transparent coach we've had in forever. He's gonna say that we want the guys who want to be here and that god has some kind of plan.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:56 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:35 pm I listened to the whole thing. We got some of the players and some of the fans side great. I wanna hear from some of the coaches. I want it from all sides of the issue not just the supposed jilted side.
LOL don't hold your breath. All you'll get is some generic coach speak from the least transparent coach we've had in forever. He's gonna say that we want the guys who want to be here and that god has some kind of plan.
Well not like we have a history of openness from our coaches. At least in their personalities

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

EITSwarrior wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 pm
honu888 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:13 pm I admit I was one that criticized him during the middle of the season when he was struggling with his accuracy but now I’m bummed that he’s transferring. I’m pretty damn sure any of the other MW Coaches would give their left “you know what” to have him on their roster. I’m wondering if he could excel in any of the power conferences like Tua did at Alabama. Maybe with the proper support and coaching who knows? Anyways I wish him the very best wherever he lands.
I wish Chevan well but he’s not as talented a passer that Tua is. He’d have to land in the right situation to be a starter outright.
JMHO that Chevan is every bit as talented as deLaura who has been a 2-year starter (since his true frosh season) for Wazzu in the Pac-12 Conference.....and probably more talented than the current starting QBs at a few other Pac-12 Conference schools.