Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Re: *****OFFICIAL NMSU vs. HAWAII GAME 2 THREAD*****

Post by Nisei »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:18 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am The offense stuck in the 80s. Why the hell they recruited so many WRs? Their job is to block bc we run 8x in a roll? Better to get more Oline and RBs? Smells like Papa Chow ball.
You need to watch the game more closely. Others including Miano thought the play calling was good tonight. With an inexperienced QB you give him the easy throws. The runs and passes to the RB keeps defenders in the box that eventually opens up the intermediate passes. The run to pass ratio for the season is 51% pass and 49% run. For the game running the ball was 55%. Offensive attack for the season is balanced. Schrager was 25 for 29 the highest completion percent for a UH QB ever. Great blocking by the OL and TE. The run game has been solid all year. All Hunter, Parsons and Turner all average 5.7+ yards per carry for the season.

Where we get hurt is mistakes (false starts) and drops that destroys the offensive rhythm, special team mistakes (fumbles) and turnovers. That is where we have lost games. 4 loses to quality teams; UCLA, OSU, SJSU and Nevada.
2013: @Navy

:D

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Nisei wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:38 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am The offense stuck in the 80s. Why the hell they recruited so many WRs? Their job is to block bc we run 8x in a roll? Better to get more Oline and RBs? Smells like Papa Chow ball.
You need to watch the game more closely. Others including Miano thought the play calling was good tonight. With an inexperienced QB you give him the easy throws. The runs and passes to the RB keeps defenders in the box that eventually opens up the intermediate passes. The run to pass ratio for the season is 51% pass and 49% run. For the game running the ball was 55%. Offensive attack for the season is balanced. Schrager was 25 for 29 the highest completion percent for a UH QB ever. Great blocking by the OL and TE. The run game has been solid all year. All Hunter, Parsons and Turner all average 5.7+ yards per carry for the season.

Where we get hurt is mistakes (false starts) and drops that destroys the offensive rhythm, special team mistakes (fumbles) and turnovers. That is where we have lost games. 4 loses to quality teams; UCLA, OSU, SJSU and Nevada.

Definitely watched the game closely and you can't deny super basic concepts. I wouldn't label it good by any stretch. Having high connect rates for dump passes to the RB is super easy - similar to a handoff.

Against a $hitty team, UH can run well. This hasn't happened with serious teams. UH lacks the horses to play that game. Like the Chow era - no elite OL , no R Bush. Let's be real. If queaking by NMSU gets your approval with zero accountability to SP issues, stupid penalties and a offensive scheme the recruiting will never be able to deliver on similar to Papa Chow.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:46 am Classy interview with Dedrick and Khoury in the second half of the interview. Coach, Parsons and Bethley all appear very professionally humble. Go Bows!

Link
I really like this coach. “Linebacker missed the tackle, Safety jumps on the ground”. Cracks me up. Still later we got to see Solo Turner. I like what I saw. I think the team is getting better. Our freshman quarterback was impressive. I like that side arm throw he used to get the ball around defensive player. He had a lot of zip on that one. He has good accuracy. He has a huge upside. Mardner had a nice game too.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Good find.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:06 pm

Definitely watched the game closely and you can't deny super basic concepts. I wouldn't label it good by any stretch. Having high connect rates for dump passes to the RB is super easy - similar to a handoff.

Against a $hitty team, UH can run well. This hasn't happened with serious teams. UH lacks the horses to play that game. Like the Chow era - no elite OL , no R Bush. Let's be real. If queaking by NMSU gets your approval with zero accountability to SP issues, stupid penalties and a offensive scheme the recruiting will never be able to deliver on similar to Papa Chow.
UCLA and Oregon State are two of the best teams in the country against the run. Are you calling SJSU, Fresno and Nevada shitty teams???? We started running the ball well against SJSU and we've gotten better every game.

I don't care what kind of passes a freshman QB makes 25 for 29 is damn good. Give credit where credit is due.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Stats are funny in that way. I'm sure John Hao had games that were higher completion percentage. 4 out of 4.

Not discounting this stat as it is a good indication on the possibility of his future, and development.