Former Warriors in AAF

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Former Warriors in AAF

Post by My3Cats »

New league with Benny Fonua with the Memphis Express and Meffy Koloamatangi with the San Diego Fleet. Watched part of yesterdays game between San Antonio and Orlando and it was impressive for the most part. Lots of football talent out there and it can be a feeder to the NFL as a developmental league.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Former Warriors in AAF

Post by cabanalane »

We know what NFL players make. We remember what USFL was paying their players. So it make sense if someone (another league) is showing you the money.

CFL averages about $80K a year. Not bad, when you compare to the average working man. Yes, some CFL Stars perhaps make $400K a year.

I wonder how much these smaller league pay their players. The question is more, is it worth sacrificing their bodies for truly, the love of the game.

I recall reading how many hours Jerry Rice really work on his game, and prepare his body and mine. He can do this because it is his full time job + Over Time, because he got millions.

I can see CFL guys do the same thing, where they can focus only on football.

What about these guys? or similar leagues. If they pay $5K, $10K or even $20K, I don't know if it's worth it. Therefore, love of the game.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

avg salary for AAF is somewhere between $70k and $80k. so far, so good. I hope to see more Hawaii players getting a shot there.

The Orlando Apollos, coached by Steve Spurrier, are pretty fun to watch!

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

When is this stuff on?

I also heard/read that Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 mil to play in the AAF. lmfao dude is worth $5 mil at best.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Markazulu
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Markazulu »

Makana wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm When is this stuff on?

I also heard/read that Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 mil to play in the AAF. lmfao dude is worth $5 mil at best.
2 games sat and 2 games Sunday. So far it's been pretty good a lot of hard hitting going on.