Gamers: Step Up And Help Keep Gaming Free

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Posted May 31, 2010
By Stephen Johnson

Hey, gamers, now is the time to stand up for the hobby/culture you hold dear.

If you've been following the news lately, you already know that the question of whether games count as free speech is set to be decided by the United States Supreme Court this fall. Specifically, the court will rule on whether a law in California that punishes retailers for selling "adult" games to children passes Constitutional muster. Should the Supreme Court uphold the California law, it would place games in a separate class from books, movies and other forms of expression, and essentially allow states to make laws that govern/censor video games' content. We can't have that, and the Entertainment Consumers Association is doing something about it.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Gamers: Step Up And Help Keep Gaming Free

Post by xer 21 »

these people just dont know when to quit. every generation has some new thing that the government feels needs to be controlled, and it seems to work out just fine in the long run anyways. censorship is bad, plain and simple, and movies and books often have much more objectionable content in them.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

xer 21 wrote:these people just dont know when to quit. every generation has some new thing that the government feels needs to be controlled, and it seems to work out just fine in the long run anyways. censorship is bad, plain and simple, and movies and books often have much more objectionable content in them.
:hello1: Well said xer 21.........great post! \:D/ Now if you could get your PS3, I could ride my horse with your POSSE in RED DEAD REDEMPTION! \:D/ :wink: :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
xer 21 wrote:these people just dont know when to quit. every generation has some new thing that the government feels needs to be controlled, and it seems to work out just fine in the long run anyways. censorship is bad, plain and simple, and movies and books often have much more objectionable content in them.
:hello1: Well said xer 21.........great post! \:D/ Now if you could get your PS3, I could ride my horse with your POSSE in RED DEAD REDEMPTION! \:D/ :wink: :roll:
God, i know i keep putting it off. i have so much on my "to buy" list. im looking at buying a rifle too, so i'll have to see where that takes me.

targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

xer 21 wrote: God, i know i keep putting it off. i have so much on my "to buy" list. im looking at buying a rifle too, so i'll have to see where that takes me.
:o WHOA...hopefully this doesn't take you on a photo shoot at the post office or MIDWEEK! :lol: :-$ :wink: :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
xer 21 wrote: God, i know i keep putting it off. i have so much on my "to buy" list. im looking at buying a rifle too, so i'll have to see where that takes me.
:o WHOA...hopefully this doesn't take you on a photo shoot at the post office or MIDWEEK! :lol: :-$ :wink: :roll:
Oh God no :lol:
strictly for target shooting on perfectly unalive targets at the range :lol:

targets.