Build a Kick-Ass Liquid Cooling System in 6 Simple Steps

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Build a Kick-Ass Liquid Cooling System in 6 Simple Steps

Post by Kailuaboy »

Build a Kick-okole Liquid Cooling System in 6 Simple Steps

By MaximumPC
Apr 1, 2010 02:00 PM

In the pantheon of nerd achievement, water cooling ranks near the top-somewhere between installing Linux and becoming fluent in Klingon. And there's a reason the hardest of the hardcore prefer water cooling: It's incredibly effective at lowering your system's temperature.

With higher thermal conductivity and specific heat capacity than air coolers, water cooling can mean double-digit drops in CPU and GPU temperatures. However, water cooling isn't exactly a walk in the park. You've got two challenges ahead of yourself: Designing the water-cooling system that's right for your PC, and actually putting it together. Both tasks will take some time and effort, but neither has to be daunting. Every first-time water-cooling build is a learn-as-you go experience, but we'll walk you through the details and help you avoid the mistakes that would take the biggest toll on your system and your wallet.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Build a Kick-Ass Liquid Cooling System in 6 Simple Steps

Post by xer 21 »

never done liquid cooling. i've got a great cooler on my cpu and i dont over clock, but always wondered how diffucult it would be to switch
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.