Something Weird at Infinity Ward

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Something Weird at Infinity Ward

Post by xer 21 »

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70291 ... omething's happening at Infinity Ward right now.
bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.
I've contacted Activision for comment on the ongoing situation at Infinity Ward. Stay tuned.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70291 ... z0gzhAYvQV
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Something Weird at Infinity Ward

Post by Kailuaboy »

Infinity Ward Vs. Activision: The Battle For Creative Direction

By Stephen Totilo
Mar 2, 2010 02:27 PM

Simmering problems between Activision and Modern Warfare 2 development studio Infinity Ward — involving the creative direction of the Call of Duty series — may have come to a head with yesterday's dismissal of IW's two studio heads.

The reasons for the dismissal of Jason West and Vince Zampella, the top two men at Infinity Ward remain murky a day after the news broke that there was a shake-up at the Activision-owned studio. The publisher, in a financial filing, only vaguely referred to "insubordination" and "breach of contract".

But in the past 24 hours the long-rumored problems between Activison and IW have come a little more clearly to light. A source familiar with the studio told Kotaku that Infinity Ward has long bristled at the notion of any studio other than IW making a Call of Duty game. The studio heads' renewed 2009 contract with Activision affirmed that only Infinity Ward would be allowed to make Call of Duty games set in the modern era, according to the source.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

im really hoping IW dies what they did the last time they had a dispute with their publisher.

targets.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I hope IWNet dies and they let dedi servers back!!! That would cut down on all the toobers/haxors/campers!
ImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

JWarrior wrote:I hope IWNet dies and they let dedi servers back!!! That would cut down on all the toobers/haxors/campers!
yeah! you got BC2? its awesome!

targets.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by JWarrior »

xer 21 wrote:
JWarrior wrote:I hope IWNet dies and they let dedi servers back!!! That would cut down on all the toobers/haxors/campers!
Yep. The game still isn't perfect, but it is getting there.
ImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

JWarrior wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
Yep. The game still isn't perfect, but it is getting there.
yeah, typical EA launch. but the servers ive been going to have been completely stable. i dont know how your ping would be in texas, but i go to the [ACEZ] clan 16 man server, and thats a good one. dont know the ip though and i havent been able to add anything to my favorites.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:yeah, typical EA launch. but the servers ive been going to have been completely stable. i dont know how your ping would be in texas, but i go to the [ACEZ] clan 16 man server, and thats a good one. dont know the ip though and i havent been able to add anything to my favorites.
Check out the Team69er Hale - 32 man server. I'm pretty sure it's a west coast server since it's a 60 or 70-something ping for me. Also, I've known these guys since their Battlefield 2 server. Their BF clan comprises of local and mainland based members. I was able to add a couple of servers to my favorites list on Tuesday, but it didn't seem to work after that. Anyways, I was able to add a couple of servers last night so I'm guessing you should be able to save your favorite servers today.
ImageImageImageImage

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by JWarrior »

I play on FX's server when it is available. Probably not a good choice for you guys in Hawaii, since it is in New York. My ping to it is 32. I also play on a whole bunch of Dallas servers that ping as 1 to me in Fort Worth.
ImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

JWarrior wrote:I play on FX's server when it is available. Probably not a good choice for you guys in Hawaii, since it is in New York. My ping to it is 32. I also play on a whole bunch of Dallas servers that ping as 1 to me in Fort Worth.
haha, lucky. lowest i get is 63. in cod4, the lowest ping i had was 120. actually, im surprised i can get into the 60's and 70's. oh well, im used to it, not a big deal really.

targets.