TIME.com - Top 10 Video Games of 2009

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
T-Bone
Play Maker
Play Maker

TIME.com - Top 10 Video Games of 2009

Post by T-Bone »

Agree or disagree? Comments?

Click here for the Top 10

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: TIME.com - Top 10 Video Games of 2009

Post by xer 21 »

didnt read it past #1 because Modern Warfare 2 at number 1 is utterly BS. the campaign is good, true, but the multiplayer is the worst in years on the PC, and the support from IW/activision has been terrible.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

\:D/ I kinda agree with the list...although I understand xer 21 points....but then again, I play it on the PS3 and MODERN WARFARE 2 absolelutely rocks! \:D/ :wink: It has my vote for GAME OF THE YEAR.......I'm gonna be curious where GAME INFORMER magazine rates these games.... :hello1:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:\:D/ I kinda agree with the list...although I understand xer 21 points....but then again, I play it on the PS3 and MODERN WARFARE 2 absolelutely rocks! \:D/ :wink: It has my vote for GAME OF THE YEAR.......I'm gonna be curious where GAME INFORMER magazine rates these games.... :hello1:
willing to bet uncharted 2 wins on GI's list. but yeah,on console, which has uniform systems, the matchmaking and host selection works. but over a decade of failed experiements with p2p on pc should have told IW that a)pc gamers need dedicated servers due to varied hardware and background traffic and b) they porefer them to p2p on consoles. but yeah, because not every pc is the same, the host selection never works properly resulting in laggy matches.

targets.

Poopsnorkeler
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Poopsnorkeler »

I found out that opening your NAT results in a much better matchmaking experience on PC and often times I'm actually hosting the game.

I still occasionally get thrown into a laggy game but not nearly as often before.

To be safe make sure you have an adequete firewall that's properly configured before opening your NAT.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Poopsnorkeler wrote:I found out that opening your NAT results in a much better matchmaking experience on PC and often times I'm actually hosting the game.

I still occasionally get thrown into a laggy game but not nearly as often before.

To be safe make sure you have an adequete firewall that's properly configured before opening your NAT.
it sure does, but again, even with a firewall, the security risks multiply. i dont know if its worth it, especially given my crappy internet (.3mbs upload). i probably wouldnt host anyways. better to just wait for something else at this point, this aint too fun. :x

targets.