MCTIP Help...

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

MCTIP Help...

Post by krazychinaman »

What MCTIP should i get....Server Admin or enterprise administrator....and what mcts should i start with.....i got the vista config already just need to go take the test...

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Re: MCTIP Help...

Post by JWarrior »

I'd say SA would get your further quicker. Then again, I never finished my MCSE, but I really don't need it anyway.
ImageImageImage

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I think Unix is the way to go. If you go with Microsoft, keep in mind what you want to do. If you want to work government, they just got on 2003 recently and do forcast them moving anytime soon.

who knows, I might get my MCSE just to get it. Other than that, there's more demand for Unix Admins.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

too bad im no longer in the US....in hong kong more company go with M$..i hoping a can find a alright job after getting my ccna....

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Good for you in getting your CCNA. I took all the training courses, studied my okole off, but then I never had the courage to go through with the exam, as it is a pass or fail with no refund. Test was going to be $200 at least, so I waited, and am still waiting. I still don't see how it would improve my career, since I am not really into router configuring and such. I work a lot with UNIX and Solaris, and I'd prefer to get into DBA - Oracle products in particular, since that is where the big mula is!
ImageImageImage