Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Post by ubercow »

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... ongthieves

picked this up @ costco yesterday for ~$55. I'm soo typically not into 3rd person shooters, but picked this up after playing the free online multiplayer demo that came out a week ago. Played the story part for about an hour yesterday and so far it's been surprisingly good. It's quite movie-like immersive per the commercial. The last ridiculously high acclaimed game I bought (super smash bros brawl) I was pretty disappointed an hour in, so I'd give a positive recommendation for this game so far. I'll probably post again about this should I finish, or give up on the game altogether. :D

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

why would you be surprised? its being hyped as one of the best games of all time. i just finished the 1st one couple weeks ago and its AMAZING. can only imagine how great this 2nd one is.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

2k_Hawaii wrote:why would you be surprised? its being hyped as one of the best games of all time. i just finished the 1st one couple weeks ago and its AMAZING. can only imagine how great this 2nd one is.
Daikatana? anyone?

hype isnt always true. there have been many cases where it falls VERY flat, so some people are a little skeptical
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

2k_Hawaii wrote:why would you be surprised? its being hyped as one of the best games of all time. i just finished the 1st one couple weeks ago and its AMAZING. can only imagine how great this 2nd one is.
the last majorly hyped game I got was super smash brothers brawl and I thought that one sucked. gta IV would probably be the next and that one was a good game, but idunno if I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

haha as for daikatana, I don't think any reviewer gave it any accolades :P

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: I'm soo typically not into 3rd person shooters, but picked this up after playing the free online multiplayer demo that came out a week ago. Played the story part for about an hour yesterday and so far it's been surprisingly good. .. so I'd give a positive recommendation for this game so far. I'll probably post again about this should I finish, or give up on the game altogether. :D
:o So UBERCOW.......is it worth getting? It looks like a blast...and with all of the Chic-fil a commericals that you're doing, you must really be busy! :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

i just passed it last night, top 5 game this year, game has a few holy crap moments! just started MP and its just as solid, get this either at amazon or best buy if you're still on the fence, best buy has buy 2 get 1 free and amazon has spend $80 on video games get $40 credit for future game purchase.
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
ubercow wrote: I'm soo typically not into 3rd person shooters, but picked this up after playing the free online multiplayer demo that came out a week ago. Played the story part for about an hour yesterday and so far it's been surprisingly good. .. so I'd give a positive recommendation for this game so far. I'll probably post again about this should I finish, or give up on the game altogether. :D
:o So UBERCOW.......is it worth getting? It looks like a blast...and with all of the Chic-fil a commericals that you're doing, you must really be busy! :lol:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Finished it a couple days ago and I'd also highly recommend it. Only gripes are that the single player storyline isn't the longest, and towards the end you might get the feeling that you've been jumping and climbing a lot. Multiplayer co-op and deathmatch is good as well so the game length isn't so bad. I'd give it a 8.5/10 or a 9/10, best game I've played this year so far.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I can't wait for Bad Company 2 for PC. That game looks and promises all that Modern Warfare 2 was meant to be.
ImageImageImage

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

ubercow wrote:Finished it a couple days ago and I'd also highly recommend it. Only gripes are that the single player storyline isn't the longest, and towards the end you might get the feeling that you've been jumping and climbing a lot. Multiplayer co-op and deathmatch is good as well so the game length isn't so bad. I'd give it a 8.5/10 or a 9/10, best game I've played this year so far.
Does that mean I get to borrow it now or are you playing online?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Scott wrote:
ubercow wrote:Finished it a couple days ago and I'd also highly recommend it. Only gripes are that the single player storyline isn't the longest, and towards the end you might get the feeling that you've been jumping and climbing a lot. Multiplayer co-op and deathmatch is good as well so the game length isn't so bad. I'd give it a 8.5/10 or a 9/10, best game I've played this year so far.
Does that mean I get to borrow it now or are you playing online?
You can borrow it, I'll bring it over the next time I remember.