Google Chrome OS

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Google Chrome OS

Post by Kailuaboy »

Google Chrome OS for PCs: Look Out Windows and OS X

By Adrian Covert
12:45 AM on Wed Jul 8 2009

Ars Technica has received confirmation from two sources that Google is working on new software named Google Chrome OS, which will offer a cloud-based, OS experience around the browser.

UPDATE: It's official. It's coming in the second half of 2010.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

maria
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Google Chrome OS

Post by maria »

Hello,
I was not aware of this news. Thanks for sharing. I think Google Chrome OS can compete Microsoft OS. People needs something new. Google can give something new. But success will depend on simplicity and features.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

maria wrote:Hello,
I was not aware of this news. Thanks for sharing. I think Google Chrome OS can compete Microsoft OS. People needs something new. Google can give something new. But success will depend on simplicity and features.
It will also depend on the speed of Broadband. Chrome OS is designed to take all your software and put it online. All you will really need is a browser on your computer. You will be able to work on documents, files, whatever online using some host's software and probably even save to a server you subscribe to. What will be key here is the capability of the software and how fast your access speeds are.

With US Broadbands wanting to lower their standards, CHROME may be more of a US Dream and a Foreign Country Reality.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Which Browser Should I Use: Firefox or Chrome?

By Adam Pash
Mar 23, 2010 09:00 AM

Dear Lifehacker,
I've been a huge fan of Firefox for years (prompted in great part by Lifehacker's recommendation), but it seems like Google Chrome has made huge strides lately. My question: Which is better, Chrome or Firefox? Which should I use?

Signed,
Uncertain About My Browser

Dear Uncertain,
Yours is a question we've been hearing more and more lately, and with good reason. The fact is, Google Chrome has fixed a lot of problems with Firefox that most Firefox users didn't even know they had, and Firefox is still working to catch up. (Restart-free extension installation, isolated processes that keep one bad tab from crashing the entire browser, etc.) As a result, Chrome's smart feature set has been winning over a lot of Firefox die-hards.

The answer to your question depends a lot on what operating system you're using, so we'll separate our answers for Windows and Mac users.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

smithdwsn
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by smithdwsn »

Googel Chorme is nice operating system. It is simple and lightweight operating system. The best features of its storage. It has great features and functionalities. Also i used Mozilla Firefox because it is fast, effective and reliable. It is more secure and customizable.