CCENT...

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

CCENT...

Post by krazychinaman »

Ok me and my friend was talking about the CCENT exam...which i dont really know a till today i alway thought the 1st this was ccna...so what is the CCENT....what is it for? is a test below the ccna?...one last thing when should i take it....im taking ccna 1 and 2 at hcc right now...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: CCENT...

Post by madeinhawaii »

You probably won't need it, but just incase, take a look at this...

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=348

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

ON second thought... it might not hurt to get it as it could open doors for you in terms of finding an entry level position in the area of your interests while you are still working for your higher level certifications. It shows your future employer that you have promise and potential. Nice way, maybe, to get your foot in the door before your colleages can.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by krazychinaman »

yea it seem this test is alot easier then going straight to ccna...

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Awesome. The CCENT way is ok. If you know the material well, might be good to just take the CCNA. It's a lot cheaper. Then again, you'll get yourself a nifty CCENT card and something new to put on your resume which is always good.

I've been thinking about teaching at HCC, Cisco. I'm suppose to teach the CCNA material at the PCATT, but I've been so busy lately. I'm shooting to either take the CCIE hands on, first shot, next summer or just work on a CCVP. Not sure exactly what I want to do now.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by krazychinaman »

man now that i moved back to hong kong i had to stop my edu at hcc...so now im taking ccna and mcts here the good think is both class are gov classes..so the cost is free plus they give you money...

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

krazychinaman wrote:man now that i moved back to hong kong i had to stop my edu at hcc...so now im taking ccna and mcts here the good think is both class are gov classes..so the cost is free plus they give you money...
awesome deals man! so hows it going up there?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by krazychinaman »

xer 21 wrote:
krazychinaman wrote:man now that i moved back to hong kong i had to stop my edu at hcc...so now im taking ccna and mcts here the good think is both class are gov classes..so the cost is free plus they give you money...
awesome deals man! so hows it going up there?
dying without football!!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Just finished my CCNP last week. Might shoot for my CCIE written next summer. For now, just working, getting stronger at BGP, MPLS and QOS, then I'll do what i got to do and pass my CCIE written. Now the CCIE will take at least a year of training.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by krazychinaman »

sad to say but i have to put my study on hold....the cost of living in hong kong is cheap...but also pay is also not high....so i need to get a full time job....no time for school...im thinking maybe after one year ill restart it again...one other idea i havou e is hit the ccna like old school all by books...what you think?

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

krazychinaman wrote:sad to say but i have to put my study on hold....the cost of living in hong kong is cheap...but also pay is also not high....so i need to get a full time job....no time for school...im thinking maybe after one year ill restart it again...one other idea i havou e is hit the ccna like old school all by books...what you think?
Get yourself some PDF books for free and use dynagen.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by krazychinaman »

warriorfan808 wrote:
krazychinaman wrote:sad to say but i have to put my study on hold....the cost of living in hong kong is cheap...but also pay is also not high....so i need to get a full time job....no time for school...im thinking maybe after one year ill restart it again...one other idea i havou e is hit the ccna like old school all by books...what you think?
Get yourself some PDF books for free and use dynagen.

im taking ccna class in hong kong right now....im thinking about doing my mcitp with books and head on at home on windows virtual and my copy of windows 2008...