Anyone know when the next series of GFX cards/DX11 comes out

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Anyone know when the next series of GFX cards/DX11 comes out

Post by xer 21 »

Just wondering, cause i want to start saving up for a new PC, but i want to wait until the next generation of nvidia cards and/or Dx11 is going to come out, so i can time it.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Poopsnorkeler
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Anyone know when the next series of GFX cards/DX11 comes out

Post by Poopsnorkeler »

I don't think there are any concrete dates yet. I think they'll milk the GT200 and the RT700 chips until there are games that actually push each of their flagship products.

The only thing I know is that next month Ati has the Radeon HD 4890 coming out and Nvidia has the GeForce GTX 275 coming out.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Anyone know when the next series of GFX cards/DX11 comes out

Post by Kailuaboy »

ATI Radeon HD 5850 provides scorching performance for a relative pittance

by Vladislav Savov
posted Sep 30th 2009 at 3:42AM

When the covers were slipped off the HD 5870 last week, what emerged was the new champ in graphics performance that could also boast a pretty aggressive price to performance ratio. The only question left for many was whether the slightly hamstrung version of the same Cypress chip, the HD 5850, would be able to offer even better value for money. With a suggested retail price of $259, lower power consumption under load and a shorter circuit board to cram into your case, the 5850 certainly appeals to the more sensible end of the graphics card market. All we really need to say is that Editor's Choice awards rained down upon this thing like they were going out of style -- so take a deep breath and hit the links below to plunge into the bar chart-intensive analysis.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage