Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Call of Duty: Mordern Warfare 2

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:10th prestige already?
Oh no, not me. I just posted an image of all of the Prestige symbols. I have seen a couple of 10th Prestige - Level 70 players since last month (yeah right :roll: ). I still kinda suck at playing the game with a controller, but I've gotten much better since I first started playing MW2.

Anyways, I wasn't planning on doing the Prestige thing, but I changed my mind as I got close to Level 70. I'm currently 1st Prestige - Level 50-something and I'll probably do the Prestige thing at least one more time since I don't really care for the first Prestige symbol. :lol: I just wish you could keep all of your unlocked weapons and challenges.
ImageImageImageImage

ENAK
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ENAK »

You would need to Prestige to unlock all the Titles and Emblems fyi. you prob knew it already.

And the people who are at 10th prestige most likely cheated to get it.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:
xer 21 wrote:10th prestige already?
Oh no, not me. I just posted an image of all of the Prestige symbols. I have seen a couple of 10th Prestige - Level 70 players since last month (yeah right :roll: ). I still kinda suck at playing the game with a controller, but I've gotten much better since I first started playing MW2.

Anyways, I wasn't planning on doing the Prestige thing, but I changed my mind as I got close to Level 70. I'm currently 1st Prestige - Level 50-something and I'll probably do the Prestige thing at least one more time since I don't really care for the first Prestige symbol. :lol: I just wish you could keep all of your unlocked weapons and challenges.
heard there are tons of rank hackers on PC. so easy to do, and VAC secure. gonna get it for real though, soon, so i can play with my friend. i wont be prestiging after the first one though, no way will i spend that much time with it. on second thought, i might rank hack it after i hit 70 just to unlock the extra slots, cause 10 times through is too much.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Yep, I've had it since X-Mas, and it is a fun game to play against people that aren't wall hacking and aim bot hacking. The perks are just too crazy though. Someone can get one perk, say a helicopter, and just wipe out the whole opposition in FFA mode. Also, 30 kills is way to short of a race for a map. They should've made it 100. The server issues are horrible too!

Also, today I played just before I went to work, and I went 29 - 1. I got 4 kills and got my care package, which was a Cobra, then it got me 3 more kills, which got me another helo, I think another Cobra. It got me some more kills, and I got a Pavlo as my 3rd perk, and it got me most of the rest. I wasn't camping but I was running around in that fort on the Invasion map, so I guess you could say I camped an area. But never did I stare down a window or doorway or stairwell waiting for someone. I was trying to get a kill cam knife throw, but ran out of time.
ImageImageImage

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

JWarrior wrote:Yep, I've had it since X-Mas, and it is a fun game to play against people that aren't wall hacking and aim bot hacking. The perks are just too crazy though. Someone can get one perk, say a helicopter, and just wipe out the whole opposition in FFA mode. Also, 30 kills is way to short of a race for a map. They should've made it 100. The server issues are horrible too!

Also, today I played just before I went to work, and I went 29 - 1. I got 4 kills and got my care package, which was a Cobra, then it got me 3 more kills, which got me another helo, I think another Cobra. It got me some more kills, and I got a Pavlo as my 3rd perk, and it got me most of the rest. I wasn't camping but I was running around in that fort on the Invasion map, so I guess you could say I camped an area. But never did I stare down a window or doorway or stairwell waiting for someone. I was trying to get a kill cam knife throw, but ran out of time.
i think you were talking about kill streak not perk...but anyway i like the kill streak...

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

krazychinaman wrote: i think you were talking about kill streak not perk...but anyway i like the kill streak...
:D Ditto here krazychinaman......I really enjoy a good "knife kill" and the hugely popular "long distance head shot"! \:D/ :hello1:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Can't wait for some DLC dammit. :lol:

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

i know im so bored of the maps...but damn i still cant put down this game... lol

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

krazychinaman wrote:i know im so bored of the maps...but damn i still cant put down this game... lol
i know what you mean. though i hate scrapyard.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

flipen wrote:
krazychinaman wrote:i know im so bored of the maps...but damn i still cant put down this game... lol
i know what you mean. though i hate scrapyard.
:oops: I seemed to get "slaughtered" the most in that "small" size abandoned "oil" rigged area... :lol: :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ENAK wrote:You would need to Prestige to unlock all the Titles and Emblems fyi. you prob knew it already.

And the people who are at 10th prestige most likely cheated to get it.
Well yes, to unlock all of the Titles and Emblems, you'd need to do the Prestige thing ten times, play all of the different game modes (completing the various challenges) and complete all of the weapons challenges. Now, I completed all of the weapons challenges in CoD4 and CoD: World at War (PC version of course), but there's no way I'm gonna take the time to do the same thing in MW2, especially since I'm playing the Xbox 360 version. Prior to my decision to Prestige before hitting Level 70, I had completed the weapons challenges (except for headshots) on the M4A1 and SCAR-H Assault Rifles and the Thumper.
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
krazychinaman wrote: i think you were talking about kill streak not perk...but anyway i like the kill streak...
:D Ditto here krazychinaman......I really enjoy a good "knife kill" and the hugely popular "long distance head shot"! \:D/ :hello1:
NBK (Natural Born Killer)

Challenge: "NBK" - Get 3 longshots in one life.

Ah yes, really satisfying to pull off with an Assault Rifle. :D I love picking off snipers this way.

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :oops: I seemed to get "slaughtered" the most in that "small" size abandoned "oil" rigged area... :lol: :-
Would that be the Rust map?

ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

well, i finally got MW2, and its a grreat game, when it works. lag and the host migration sucks, as does the lack of lean, and much more importantly, any type of team switching to blanace the teams. cause IWnet sucks at balance. but when it works, its a fantastic game. too bad thats only 70% of the time. it could have been so much more. any PC players wanna add me on steam though?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Kailuaboy wrote: Image
NBK (Natural Born Killer)

Challenge: "NBK" - Get 3 longshots in one life.

Ah yes, really satisfying to pull off with an Assault Rifle. :D I love picking off snipers this way.

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :oops: I seemed to get "slaughtered" the most in that "small" size abandoned "oil" rigged area... :lol: :-
Would that be the Rust map?
:P Yes ,Kailuaboy...that's my thorn! :lol: It's just that the place is small with everyone having leg speed, and the killing seems to be at a fast pace..... \:D/

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :P Yes ,Kailuaboy...that's my thorn! :lol: It's just that the place is small with everyone having leg speed, and the killing seems to be at a fast pace..... \:D/
I actually like the Rust map, but the only time I've gotten to play that map (other than setting up a Private Match and running around by myself) was during the period of the "Private Match Glitch" while playing the Ground War mode. Now, playing an 18 player TDM, Domination or Free for All match on the Rust map is ridiculous. Just wondering, what game modes have you played on the Rust map?
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Modern Warfare 2 joins 'Avatar' in ultra-elite $1 billion club

January 13, 2010 3:04 PM PST
by Daniel Terdiman

Activision Blizzard said Wednesday that its hit game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, has passed $1 billion in sales.
(Credit: Activision Blizzard)

For an entertainment property to hit $1 billion in sales is a very rare feat. For two separate properties to pass the 10-figure mark at the same time may well be a first.

On Wednesday, Activision Blizzard announced that its mega-hit video game, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 had crossed the billion-dollar mark, after just two months on store shelves--and the entertainment industry's single-day sales record. That milestone came shortly after it was announced that James Cameron's uber-blockbuster movie, "Avatar," had also reached that financial promised land.

To be sure, these are just round numbers, and don't have any formal meaning, but there's no arguing with the fact that it sure sounds good for the entertainment business to be sporting two separate billion-dollar titles at the same time, especially since they come from such different corners of the world.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage