Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
huntz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Call of Duty: Mordern Warfare 2

Post by huntz »

xer 21 wrote:
Flyin_Hayn wrote:Nah..it's a secret :P heheh i'm j/k

what i do is i use my ghost class,which is what ever gun silenced w/ perks of scavenger pro,cold blooded pro,& ninja pro. & on highrise, i claim underneath the buildings passage way. yanno where you go from building to building. i just go back & forth sneaking up on people,& once in awhile i head up above to change up my game plan. but soo far it's been working well for me :D
ha, i almost never go down there, im usuually the fool running around with the rocket launcher out trying to knife anyone too close!
Using your knife is effective to attack?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

ENAK wrote:$15 for 5 maps seems kinda pricy.
especially since two of them are just re-textured old maps.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Modern Warfare 2 Players Flocking to Battlefield Bad Company 2

Posted March 24, 2010
by DFC Intelligence

For the past several months DFC Intelligence has been reporting on the usage of Xbox 360 games through monitoring plays registered by the GamerDNA audience on Xbox Live. In November we charted the overwhelming dominance of Activision-Blizzard’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In early February we charted Electronic Arts’ January launch of Mass Effect 2 and how it cast a large shadow over all other January releases. Later that month in an article in the DFC Dossier, we noted how Modern Warfare 2 was still the leading game played on Xbox Live through its third month in release, showing little to no cannibalization by February launches such as Bioshock 2, Dante’s Inferno or Aliens vs. Predator.

On March 2, Electronic Arts released Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the latest installment in the long running and successful series originally launched on PC in 2002 with Battlefield 1942. While a different game than Modern Warfare 2, with its own nuances and gameplay mechanics rooted in the Battlefield brand, Bad Company 2 is widely considered the closest match to Modern Warfare 2 in setting, concept, art style and general game design in both single and multiplayer components. With that in mind DFC has explored how these games compare on Xbox Live among the GamerDNA audience.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:Modern Warfare 2 Players Flocking to Battlefield Bad Company 2

Posted March 24, 2010
by DFC Intelligence

For the past several months DFC Intelligence has been reporting on the usage of Xbox 360 games through monitoring plays registered by the GamerDNA audience on Xbox Live. In November we charted the overwhelming dominance of Activision-Blizzard’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In early February we charted Electronic Arts’ January launch of Mass Effect 2 and how it cast a large shadow over all other January releases. Later that month in an article in the DFC Dossier, we noted how Modern Warfare 2 was still the leading game played on Xbox Live through its third month in release, showing little to no cannibalization by February launches such as Bioshock 2, Dante’s Inferno or Aliens vs. Predator.

On March 2, Electronic Arts released Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the latest installment in the long running and successful series originally launched on PC in 2002 with Battlefield 1942. While a different game than Modern Warfare 2, with its own nuances and gameplay mechanics rooted in the Battlefield brand, Bad Company 2 is widely considered the closest match to Modern Warfare 2 in setting, concept, art style and general game design in both single and multiplayer components. With that in mind DFC has explored how these games compare on Xbox Live among the GamerDNA audience.

Read more:
well it is a more stable game, despite the annoyances with the garand and m60.

targets.

ENAK
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ENAK »

Damn i Stayed up all night to play the new maps that came out this morning, and IW seemed to find a way to mess it up.

dont waste your money yet folks the maps aren't playable in the new playlist, and in a private match.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

ENAK wrote:Damn i Stayed up all night to play the new maps that came out this morning, and IW seemed to find a way to mess it up.

dont waste your money yet folks the maps aren't playable in the new playlist, and in a private match.
so glad we dont get it til a month later on pc, now i can know ahead of time if its a waste, and it sounds like it.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:so glad we dont get it til a month later on pc, now i can know ahead of time if its a waste, and it sounds like it.
I haven't touched MW2 since mid-January and I don't think I'll be playing it again any time soon. Also, there's no way I'm paying the equivalent of $15 for three new maps. Yes, I know there's two maps from CoD4 in the map pack, but I especially hated those two maps.
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:
xer 21 wrote:so glad we dont get it til a month later on pc, now i can know ahead of time if its a waste, and it sounds like it.
I haven't touched MW2 since mid-January and I don't think I'll be playing it again any time soon. Also, there's no way I'm paying the equivalent of $15 for three new maps. Yes, I know there's two maps from CoD4 in the map pack, but I especially hated those two maps.
yeah i hated overgrown especially. i still play it cause i have friends that do so i dont waste too much time with idiots, and its still a fairly good game since im used to lag living here, but bad company 2 has owned it in so many respects. and Damn, their challenges arent nearly as retarded as MW2's.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:yeah i hated overgrown especially. i still play it cause i have friends that do so i dont waste too much time with idiots, and its still a fairly good game since im used to lag living here, but bad company 2 has owned it in so many respects. and Damn, their challenges arent nearly as retarded as MW2's.
:lol: ^_^ :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack Review: Pricey Maps

By Brian Crecente
Mar 31, 2010 06:00 PM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remains the most popular game played on Xbox Live since its launch late last year, but that doesn't mean that the fans of the fast-paced, first-person shooter couldn't use some new ways to play.

Enter the Stimulus Pack. The first Modern Warfare 2 map pack, coming to the Xbox 360 a month before any other platform, comes with just five new killing fields: Crash, Overgrown, Bailout, Salvage and Storm. Two of those maps, Crash and Overgrown, are fan favorites pulled from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer experience and retooled for the sequel. And they'll set you back $15 USD.

Could a pack of maps be worth a quarter the price of the full game? Let's see.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack Review: Pricey Maps

By Brian Crecente
Mar 31, 2010 06:00 PM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remains the most popular game played on Xbox Live since its launch late last year, but that doesn't mean that the fans of the fast-paced, first-person shooter couldn't use some new ways to play.

Enter the Stimulus Pack. The first Modern Warfare 2 map pack, coming to the Xbox 360 a month before any other platform, comes with just five new killing fields: Crash, Overgrown, Bailout, Salvage and Storm. Two of those maps, Crash and Overgrown, are fan favorites pulled from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's multiplayer experience and retooled for the sequel. And they'll set you back $15 USD.

Could a pack of maps be worth a quarter the price of the full game? Let's see.

Read more:
i aint buying it if they charge. you cant even pick gametype on those maps. you have to play it moshpit style.

targets.

ENAK

Post by ENAK »

I'd figure i post updates on the map status.

well it looks like IW cleaned up that whole map mess the day after, and put the DLC maps into all the game types/ playlists.

the maps are ok, but def not worth the $15 price tag.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

ENAK wrote:I'd figure i post updates on the map status.

well it looks like IW cleaned up that whole map mess the day after, and put the DLC maps into all the game types/ playlists.

the maps are ok, but def not worth the $15 price tag.
thanks for the update.

i'd be a little more excited if oneof the maps wasnt a rainy map. they went overboard on the weather effects and it makes visibility suck unless you are thermal sniping.

targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:D Well I have CHAWAN-CUT to thank for ...since I got my 1000 head shot on my ACR on my Amigo's head! :lol: I hope it didn't hurt? :o :oops: :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden