The Beatles: Rock Band

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

Post by Kailuaboy »

Chris Carter on 'The Beatles: Rock Band' Revolution

By Frank Meyer
Posted Sep 04, 2009

Beatles fans know Chris Carter as the host of Breakfast With The Beatles, the longest running Beatles radio show, which can now be heard nationwide via Little Steven's Underground Garage on Sirius Satellite Radio. Many rock fans know him as the bassist in Dramarama, whose 1985 smash hit "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)" is still an alternative radio staple. So who better to give us a brief history of the Fab Four and chat about the impending impact of The Beatles: Rock Band (MTV Games / Electronic Arts)?

In fact, Chris not only gives us an overview of The Beatles and how they impacted music and pop culture, but takes us on a song-by-song journey of 11 of the band’s most important tunes, as heard in the upcoming game. Chris fills us in on everything you’d ever wanna know about the world’s greatest group, from the fab four’s earliest gigs as a pub band at The Cavern, to their monumental performances on The Ed Sullivan Show and teen-scream arena shows at Shea Stadium and the Budokan, to their groundbreaking days at Abbey Road Studios and their legendary final rooftop concert, Chris fills us in on everything you’d ever wanna know about the world’s greatest group.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

How the Beatles got ready to conquer the world - again

With the release of music game The Beatles: Rock Band, the world's biggest group are going to find a whole new audience. Here, Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono tell why they agreed to allow the Beatles to become interactive

Simon Garfield
The Observer, Sunday 6 September 2009

Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and John Lennon in a scene from The Beatles: Rock Band.

There are many ways you can get to see the youthful Paul McCartney these days – YouTube, BBC documentaries, the short films that come with the Beatles' newly remastered CDs – but the best way is the Paul McCartney Soundcheck Package.

McCartney demonstrated this a few weeks ago at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. It was 4pm, and there were about 80 people in the stadium. A few of these were lighting and sound engineers, but most were competition winners from local radio stations and fans who had paid extra for a VIP experience. McCartney smiled a lot as he played songs from Hamburg (Matchbox, Honey Don't), songs from the Cavern (All My Loving), songs from Top of the Pops (C Moon, Let 'Em In) and songs from his schooldays (Leaning on a Lamppost). The years fell away, and his performance was staggeringly good. A woman in our tiny gathering unfurled a multicoloured sign which read, "Please can you sign my Hofner?", but McCartney was far too busy having fun. Before he sang Leaning on a Lamppost, he explained that George Harrison had given him his ukulele, and before he left the stage he said: "This is a new one" as he began singing Yesterday.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

probably getting this tomorrow, costco is listing it @ $53.xx

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Got this game yesterday...so far it's very good
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Beatles: Rock Band 'Abbey Road' album DLC detailed

by Alexander Sliwinski
{ Oct 19th 2009 at 3:30PM }

The Beatles: Rock Band will have the entire Abbey Road album available for download this Tuesday on Xbox 360 and Wii, followed by PS3 on Thursday. The full album won't be lonely for long, as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band will arrive in November, with Rubber Soul walking onto the scene in December.

The full Abbey Road DLC setlist and pricing details can be found after the break.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:Got this game yesterday...so far it's very good
:o I just noticed that I have way toooooo many ROCKBAND games! (5 versions!) :lol: She loves you yeah,yeah, yeah! :roll: :wink: :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden