Ahmed Ali Leaves Program

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
CP3GUY
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Ahmed Ali Leaves Program

Post by CP3GUY »

Confirmed through Stephen Tsai that Wazzu transfer guard Ahmed Ali has withdrew from the program and returned to his hometown of Toronto to be with family after he received news of some health issue. Tough break for the UH MBB squad. They really could've used a veteran guard to have with Buggs and Stansberry. Likely means our backcourt backups will be Jessiya Villa and Justin Webster.

Naz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Ahmed Ali Leaves Program

Post by Naz »

I hope Ali finds a way to continue in the sport. Would have loved to have seen what he could've done for UH in his only eligible season. However, I am ok with going to the young guns on this one. Buggs has been telling the media he wants to play the whole game... so maybe Villa comes in and allows Buggs to play the off guard position and we put two ball handlers on the court. I feel Villa is the more natural fit for pg than Webster is and based off of what he did in the scrimmage, by the time season rolls in he should be more comfortable with everything.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Sounds like a serious health issue if it prevents Ali from playing. This really hurts our depth at PG and shooting.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

Been hearing it's a heart condition. Tough break for the kid, I hope he can heal up. This, Madut's late arrival, and Hulland's surgery is going to make things a lot more difficult for Ganot and company.