Justin Webster

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Justin Webster

Post by My3Cats »

Is committed to UH!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Re: Justin Webster

Post by Parkpill »

Had to have him! Two more scholarships to go.

CP3GUY
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CP3GUY »

Awesome get for Ganot and the coaches!

Some other potential recruits to look out for over the next few weeks are Lok Wur (probably a long, long, long shot considering the schools that have offered him since he's become academically eligible) and Damari Milstead.
Wur is a 6'9 G/F who is insanely athletic and can shoot the ball. He was academically ineligible (up until less than a week ago) and committed to Eastern Florida State College (JUCO), the same JUCO that Junior Madut attended. Since he became eligible, he's been offered by a ton of mid/high-major schools, including the likes of Creighton, Texas A&M, Iowa, Nevada, Rutgers, Depaul, and Wazzu, while also receiving interest from Kansas, Oregon, and Virginia Tech. However, it was mentioned in an article that he wants to take a visit to Oregon and Hawaii, so although the odds seem stacked against UH, maybe he'll commit to UH.
http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/69-lok- ... ming-soon/ (article mentioning Lok Wur's recent recruitment and his interest in visiting Hawaii)
https://cdn.field59.com/OMAHA/555cd8dfa ... 9-720p.mp4 (video interview of Lok Wur mentioning that he wants to visit Hawaii)
Damari Milstead recently completed his sophomore year at Grand Canyon university before entering the transfer portal, so he is a sit one and play two situation. He started 26 of the 34 games he played in last season and averaged 10 ppg, 3.6 apg, 2.6 rpg, and 1.4 spg on 40/34/75 shooting splits. Verbal Commits shows that we offered him out of high school, and fans on the other forum mentioned he was a prospect under Gib Arnold and then passed on to Ganot and his staff. Looks like he held offers out of high school from Cal, Wazzu, Oregon State, USC, St Mary's, Nevada, and New Mexico State before choosing Grand Canyon. The teams that have reached out to him since he entered the transfer portal (besides UH) are Wazzu, UCSB, Southern Illinois, Montana, San Fran, and Colorado State.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

CP3GUY wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 am Awesome get for Ganot and the coaches!

Some other potential recruits to look out for over the next few weeks are Lok Wur (probably a long, long, long shot considering the schools that have offered him since he's become academically eligible) and Damari Milstead.
Wur is a 6'9 G/F who is insanely athletic and can shoot the ball. He was academically ineligible (up until less than a week ago) and committed to Eastern Florida State College (JUCO), the same JUCO that Junior Madut attended. Since he became eligible, he's been offered by a ton of mid/high-major schools, including the likes of Creighton, Texas A&M, Iowa, Nevada, Rutgers, Depaul, and Wazzu, while also receiving interest from Kansas, Oregon, and Virginia Tech. However, it was mentioned in an article that he wants to take a visit to Oregon and Hawaii, so although the odds seem stacked against UH, maybe he'll commit to UH.
http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/69-lok- ... ming-soon/ (article mentioning Lok Wur's recent recruitment and his interest in visiting Hawaii)
https://cdn.field59.com/OMAHA/555cd8dfa ... 9-720p.mp4 (video interview of Lok Wur mentioning that he wants to visit Hawaii)
Damari Milstead recently completed his sophomore year at Grand Canyon university before entering the transfer portal, so he is a sit one and play two situation. He started 26 of the 34 games he played in last season and averaged 10 ppg, 3.6 apg, 2.6 rpg, and 1.4 spg on 40/34/75 shooting splits. Verbal Commits shows that we offered him out of high school, and fans on the other forum mentioned he was a prospect under Gib Arnold and then passed on to Ganot and his staff. Looks like he held offers out of high school from Cal, Wazzu, Oregon State, USC, St Mary's, Nevada, and New Mexico State before choosing Grand Canyon. The teams that have reached out to him since he entered the transfer portal (besides UH) are Wazzu, UCSB, Southern Illinois, Montana, San Fran, and Colorado State.
That's a LOT of schools coming after Lok Wur. He said in an interview that he wants to be in summer school by July, so that doesn't leave that much time for him to visit schools and make a decision. With us being one of his official visits, it improves our chances. Hopefully we're a fit for what he's looking for, because his ceiling is extremely high.

You think the team is really going to go hard for a PG that has to sit a year, with Buggs, Villa, and Webster still on the roster when he becomes eligible?

CP3GUY
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CP3GUY »

Parkpill -

I think their dream scenario is a one-year JUCO guard who would have 3 years to play. I think a sit one play two situation would benefit them because it would help space out the classes. He'd also be a solid 2-year guard for us if he did end up coming to Hawaii, but that remains to be seen. With the two scholarships remaining, I think one of those would have to go to a point/combo guard who they know can fill in for Buggs at the 1 or start at the 2 (instead of Stansberry, whose role seems to be better suited as a 6th man). Damari Milstead would be a good get, but the sit-one would mean he wouldn't be able to fill in for our immediate gap. Ganot should be in a win now mode for this year, considering it's his 5th year and the past 3 seasons have been one-and-done in the conference tourney.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

CP3GUY wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am Parkpill -

I think their dream scenario is a one-year JUCO guard who would have 3 years to play. I think a sit one play two situation would benefit them because it would help space out the classes. He'd also be a solid 2-year guard for us if he did end up coming to Hawaii, but that remains to be seen. With the two scholarships remaining, I think one of those would have to go to a point/combo guard who they know can fill in for Buggs at the 1 or start at the 2 (instead of Stansberry, whose role seems to be better suited as a 6th man). Damari Milstead would be a good get, but the sit-one would mean he wouldn't be able to fill in for our immediate gap. Ganot should be in a win now mode for this year, considering it's his 5th year and the past 3 seasons have been one-and-done in the conference tourney.
In a win now scenario, they can't afford to let Damari sit a year, unless of course said player is an ABSOLUTE stud. Personally, I'm still holding out hope for Brayan Au who has 3 years to play. Brayan and Lok would make this an epic class, and we'd challenge for the Big West title immediately. I hope Jessiya Villa can contribute this year just based on his maturity level.

CP3GUY
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CP3GUY »

Parkpill wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:48 pm
CP3GUY wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am
In a win now scenario, they can't afford to let Damari sit a year, unless of course said player is an ABSOLUTE stud. Personally, I'm still holding out hope for Brayan Au who has 3 years to play. Brayan and Lok would make this an epic class, and we'd challenge for the Big West title immediately. I hope Jessiya Villa can contribute this year just based on his maturity level.
At this point, I don't think Au comes to UH, especially after Webster committed. He'll probably look to use one more year of JUCO to gain more exposure and get an offer from a high-major school (although I think his dream school is New Mexico State). I'm still hoping Lok Wur comes to UH, even though our 3, 4, and 5 position are pretty crowded. Dude is an absolute stud, so he's the only big I can see UH going after right now since he would be an immediate plug-in starter at the 3 or 4.

Besides that, I think they go after a guard who can handle the point and can shoot the 3. Especially cause I don't know how Villa would look after taking his mission, and besides him I don't see who could run the point (maybe Webster?).

Parkpill
Starter
Starter

Post by Parkpill »

With one scholly left, I wonder which direction they go. I'd still take either Lok or Brayan at this point. I really think the UH coaches felt their chances weren't good with Lok and pulled the trigger on Bernardo. Big West teams tend to play 3 guard lineups anyway, so Brayan would still be a good fit IMO.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I like Webster. Looks like a real good shooter. He may not be the most athletic guard out there, but he looks like he's a scorer who may be able to help soon.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/justin_web05/status/1139665696386891777 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1139740210839744512

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

LOL - love the "Hawaii Man" with cape look.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.