Wahine Basketball 2019

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Wahine Basketball 2019

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 amWhy can't they, at this point that Woodfolk left for personal reasons.
Left for personal reasons is used so often nowadays that it typically has a negative connotation, where there's something happening that the player/coach doesn't want to talk about. McInnis' link isn't worded in a great way, but the actual article linked ( https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/02/ ... l-program/ ) refers to the UH statement where the player and coach talk about their situation and the decisions they came upon. If that's what they want released, that's probably how the media should refer to it. As for referring to the player in the loss, (which I don't currently see) I agree that that's not that the most tactful, which is why it may have been edited out online.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

ubercow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:54 pm
shrek2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 amWhy can't they, at this point that Woodfolk left for personal reasons.
Left for personal reasons is used so often nowadays that it typically has a negative connotation, where there's something happening that the player/coach doesn't want to talk about. McInnis' link isn't worded in a great way, but the actual article linked ( https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/02/ ... l-program/ ) refers to the UH statement where the player and coach talk about their situation and the decisions they came upon. If that's what they want released, that's probably how the media should refer to it. As for referring to the player in the loss, (which I don't currently see) I agree that that's not that the most tactful, which is why it may have been edited out online.
Everybody in the Big West knows about it but the mainland announcers refer to it as a personal decision rather than the details of the situation. If they wanted to discuss the details they can say that it was to focus on family and school work. Needlesstosay, I hope that she graduates from UH or another college and does well going forward.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

No school does senior night for women's sports better than UH does. On the last game of the home season, Hawaii beat Fullerton by 15. Gotta say that Lori Santi is a good color commentator for Spectrum on the UH Wahine. I gotta say that Rachel Odomu and Courtney Middap's offensive rebounds with put backs were really a big momentum changer in the game. At those points in the game I think that took the wind out of Fullerton. If they can shoot better than 70% FTs they have a chance in the playoffs. Tia Kanoa did the Hula in post game ceremonies and the Salanoa ladies did the Samoan Sasa.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Rainbow Wahine advance into the Big West finals. Tia Kanoa stole the show along with the Salanoa twins. They looked like they had the energy to play. UCD is going to be tough because the Eaton twins can shoot the threes easily. If they pull this one out, its a big plus for Beeman.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Never saw it coming. Tia Kanoa dominated in the BWC playoffs. Watching her play, maybe I missed something in what makes Hawaii go. Hats off to Laura Beeman for putting a scare in UCD.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Bad choice for the Administration officials to go to the WNIT especially in light of the fact that there is not much of a crowd at the Big West finals except for the cheerleaders and band. Besides that, this team is not competitive enough to go further than one game. The ladies looked like they're gassed out there on defense in the second half so they just need to go through conditioning drills in the off season.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Hawaii lost 67-41 and got schooled by SMC in basic basketball. Going left and right to the basket, not leaving the drive to the basket open, taking the open shots as opposed to the contested shots. Beeman needs to read Wooden's "They Call Me Coach" and go back to basics. Goodness gracious sakes alive! The Wahine also need to do some conditioning over the off season besides recruit a couple of Makenna Woodfolks.