Mike Thomas most sound fundamentally

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Mike Thomas most sound fundamentally

Post by shrek2 »

So far after watching Mike Thomas, he is probably the most sound basketball player on the UH team. He blocks out on the defensive side of the ball and keeps moving his feet when bigger players are trying to back down on him. He also blocks out the biggest rebounder on the other team as far out as he can. He can drive to the basket as well as take the outside shot even though his accuracy is not statistically great. I notice that Purchase cannot play post as well as Mike or Johnson so it makes his game limited which is the outside three. I notice too that when Zigmars Raimo gets the ball inside he always goes right and if he were taught to drop his right foot back when his back is to the basket, he would give Hawaii another option at big man. Gibson Johnson is probably the other big man who poses an offensive threat for Hawaii but it seems all the other team needs to do in to help out on Thomas and Johnson and give the Hawaii guards space and the offense sputters.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Mike Thomas most sound fundamentally

Post by My3Cats »

+1. Not the most flashy but he generally gets the job done. Only problem is he tends to get called for ticky tack fouls early, which limits his playing time and effectiveness.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Mike Thomas most sound fundamentally

Post by shrek2 »

I think what they might be missing the most is a shooting guard like the two that Hawaii just faced in CSUF and UCSB. Thomas reminds kind of like a Draymond Green of the GS Warriors.